+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR email requirement for Self-Addressed envelope (USA)

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
We got our Passport Request email and we're wondering about the requirement to send along a self-addressed return envelope to an USA address

"If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
- The Self-Addressed pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A."

I'm assuming they mean something like FedEx or UPS.
What size envelope? letter size?

For those who have done this from the USA, what's the best courier to use and what what "service" type and rate should I expect to use?

Last edited:

NorthwardCA

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
We got our Passport Request email and we're wondering about the requirement to send along a self-addressed return envelope to an USA address

"If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
- The Self-Addressed pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A."

I'm assuming they mean something like FedEx or UPS.
What size envelope? letter size?

For those who have done this from the USA, what's the best courier to use and what what "service" type and rate should I expect to use?
Hi Jordo,

I'm curious what you ended up going with. I was going to use FedEx, but I'm not sure who I should put as a sender on the return envelope. if I'm the recipient, do I just use the CIC Ottawa address as the sender? I mean, that's where they'll be sending it from...

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
Hi Jordo,

I'm curious what you ended up going with. I was going to use FedEx, but I'm not sure who I should put as a sender on the return envelope. if I'm the recipient, do I just use the CIC Ottawa address as the sender? I mean, that's where they'll be sending it from...
Used fedex. Yes, put CIC as sender on return

Reactions: NorthwardCA