+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
I don’t know why IRCC isn't adding fully vaccinated outland applicants under the travel exemptions. I have UAE residence and vaccination is now widely available for all adults.
They don't seem to have a plan for this, even thought it would be reasonable. Me and my wife are now fully vaccinated, but still nothing...

Ojay1

Feb 21, 2020
The
Immigration is important for creating jobs too. This is why Canada does its immigration program in first place.
The signs are there, as lucid as daylight yet some people still choose to engage in self deceit. Whatever makes you sleep at night , please subscribe to it.

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020
I agree. While it’s scientifically plausible it would be discriminatory. In some countries owing to shortages everyone isn’t even eligible to get vaccinated. (e.g. India)
Exactly this. Same situation here in Kuwait. They (the gubberment) is prioritizing the Kuwaities, the elderly and the sick (in that order) first. Then they are moving down within age groups. Right now i think they somewhere close to the 60+ group. So, eventually, we'll all get the jab.

KDM13

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
Most people haven’t realized that this ban is due to economic reasons rather than the pandemic
Not true. The Canadian government has already committed this year to be the biggest year ever for immigration. https://www.cicnews.com/2020/10/canada-to-release-2021-2023-immigration-levels-plan-1016133.html#gs.yfcc1v

They've already invited many inland CEC applicant's with very low scores (the CRS cutoff was 75 in February for CEC) and they have introduced several new application processes to make it easier for people already in Canada to become PR including the link below from only a few days ago.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/04/new-pathway-to-permanent-residency-for-over-90000-essential-temporary-workers-and-international-graduates.html

They're simply focusing on inland applications only, there is nothing to suggest that they're not accepting immigrants for economic reasons. But if you've seen this somewhere please share.

Preux

Jul 14, 2020
Not true. The Canadian government has already committed this year to be the biggest year ever for immigration. https://www.cicnews.com/2020/10/canada-to-release-2021-2023-immigration-levels-plan-1016133.html#gs.yfcc1v

They've already invited many inland CEC applicant's with very low scores (the CRS cutoff was 75 in February for CEC) and they have introduced several new application processes to make it easier for people already in Canada to become PR including the link below from only a few days ago.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/04/new-pathway-to-permanent-residency-for-over-90000-essential-temporary-workers-and-international-graduates.html

They're simply focusing on inland applications only, there is nothing to suggest that they're not accepting immigrants for economic reasons. But if you've seen this somewhere please share.
Focusing on applicants who are already in Canada means giving out PRs to people who are already established residents and most likely have jobs while giving out PRs to outland applicants means putting more strain on the already fragile job market.
So I also think the reasons are more economic than anything else.

Reactions: Rajputkaushal

KDM13

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
Focusing on applicants who are already in Canada means giving out PRs to people who are already established residents and most likely have jobs while giving out PRs to outland applicants means putting more strain on the already fragile job market.
So I also think the reasons are more economic than anything else.
That's a fair point and I agree that is probably a reason too. But in the second article they are opening up easier pathway for students who do not currently have jobs in the Canadian economy yet. At the end of the day I think it's a mixture of both economic and pandemic reasons. We are all in the same situation and I hope Canada can get its act together as quickly as possible so we can all move.

Reactions: ArJee

dhruvbajaj39

Feb 19, 2021
That's a fair point and I agree that is probably a reason too. But in the second article they are opening up easier pathway for students who do not currently have jobs in the Canadian economy yet. At the end of the day I think it's a mixture of both economic and pandemic reasons. We are all in the same situation and I hope Canada can get its act together as quickly as possible so we can all move.
Absolutely. For decades outsiders have filled jobs not just in Canada but it’s big neighbor too. It has to be temporary and Covid related

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Most people haven’t realized that this ban is due to economic reasons rather than the pandemic
The

The signs are there, as lucid as daylight yet some people still choose to engage in self deceit. Whatever makes you sleep at night , please subscribe to it.
Should we take your word for it or the word from the one that put the restriction in the first. IRCC clearly stated reason is to protect its citizens from COVID-19 and its variant. Not ones did they mention economic reason(s). Prove me wrong.

Reactions: Mahmoud.laajimi

Moslaris

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
I'm sure you guys remember the controversial decision Quebec made back in 2019 and canceled 18,000 immigration applications of people who were waiting even for years. How likely do you think it is for IRCC to do the same to this huge backlog of outland applicants since they are obviously changing their policies (for whatever reason) and moving towards giving PR status to students and people already working inside Canada?

Moslaris

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Should we take your word for it or the word from the one that put the restriction in the first. IRCC clearly stated reason is to protect its citizens from COVID-19 and its variant. Not ones did they mention economic reason(s). Prove me wrong.
Yes, they never spelled it out but economic issues are the direct result of the pandemic. As long as the covid is active and causes lockdowns, the government will have to pay unemployment or stimulus checks. And if the pure public health concerns are so dominant, why are they letting in thousands of students and residents' relatives?