File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Yes, they never spelled it out but economic issues are the direct result of the pandemic. As long as the covid is active and causes lockdowns, the government will have to pay unemployment or stimulus checks. And if the pure public health concerns are so dominant, why are they letting in thousands of students and residents' relatives?
Students bring billions of CAD per year largely via tuition fees and because of this the education institutions pressured the federal government. IRCC then made the exemption with the condition that the DLI must set up a quarantine facility which must be approved by its province.

Family category is because of the enormous pressure by the sponsors via their respective MPs who in turn brought their cases at the Parliament.

Unfortunately, economy category outland applicants have no one inside Canada to speak for them vigorously.

Reactions: ArJee and Preux

Moslaris

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Students bring billions of CAD per year largely via tuition fees and because of this the education institutions pressured the federal government. IRCC then made the exemption with the condition that the DLI must set up a quarantine facility which must be approved by its province.

Family category is because of the enormous pressure by the sponsors via their respective MPs who in turn brought their cases at the Parliament.

Unfortunately, economy category outland applicants have no one inside Canada to speak for them vigorously.
Thank you! So the ban is due to economic reasons. Otherwise, students and families can carry the virus too.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
This is not to say the pandemic doesn't or didn't impact the job market. There's an impact but it is not so severe as people make it out. Yes, there are some industries that are severely destroyed such as travel, tourism, hospitality, etc... but others had little damage and mostly recovered. I say this based on my knowledge and experience in UAE and my home country. I cannot speak for Canada but I am assuming the trend is similar.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Thank you! So the ban is due to economic reasons. Otherwise, students and families can carry the virus too.
Omg! Where did I say that? Did you even read my post? The ban isn't for economic reasons at all. Did you even watch the PM press conference when it was first announced?

The total economic recovery will take years as many experts have said. The restriction is in place TO LIMIT the spread of COVID-19 in Canada. Even their official website says. Show me where they mentioned economic reason?

Reactions: matteosc

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020
We can all choose to believe what we want. All this conjecture based on opinions alone is not helping anyone. The facts are out there for all to see, things ARE moving along, piecemeal though it may be. IRCC will process the backlogs as THEY see fit, nothing you or I can say/do to change that. If they have started processing your application then it WILL get processed one way or the other, a decision WILL be made based on the merit of your application alone!

We are in the endzone now, just relax and wait.

@nns14 no need to get riled up trying to convince anyone otherwise. You know what the facts are, you know what to expect. That's it. Just stay calm my friend.

$R27

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
App. Filed.......
11 October 2019
Omg! Where did I say that? Did you even read my post? The ban isn't for economic reasons at all. Did you even watch the PM press conference when it was first announced?

The total economic recovery will take years as many experts have said. The restriction is in place TO LIMIT the spread of COVID-19 in Canada. Even their official website says. Show me where they mentioned economic reason?
Yrr bsss kro.....

$R27

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
App. Filed.......
11 October 2019
Translation: "Friends please stop" :D
Hahahhaha.... Thanks ..... For making them understand.... But seriously...all are already frustrated...here people' are debating.........honsla dedo j dena ik dujje nu....sbbb dukhi ne ethe....

Reactions: Hchadda

Skkhan

Feb 26, 2020
Omg I just googled it , they cancelled applications for 100 000 individuals including dependents at the time , this is just crazy considering the possibility exists even if slightly as they have done it before, but back then applications were taking years to be processed.
Can anybody please guide me if a remedical is sent then does this means that eligibility is approved and when is pre arrival due also how far one is from ppr once remedical is done

maa2yyz77

Mar 19, 2021
I agree. While it’s scientifically plausible it would be discriminatory. In some countries owing to shortages everyone isn’t even eligible to get vaccinated. (e.g. India)
It's not exactly 'unethical' imo. Unlike the UK, where NHS records are subject to strict privacy laws, Indians (if vaccinated) should be able to provide proof via the CoWin app quite easily by visiting https://verify.cowin.gov.in/

I got vaccinated because they had excess stock a month back and it was apparently nearing expiry. Obviously, these things wouldn't be published in the news but it does happen quite frequently than one would imagine.

Anchit1122

Oct 7, 2019
Do you guys think we can get PPR in 2021? I read somewhere that Canada's vaccination will be completed by year end 2021. After 2 years of waiting and the current employment situation do you think it is even worth going?

India, New Delhi, AOR - 29 Feb 2020, OINP, Outland, EE - Human Capital Priority Stream.

The whole plan is somewhat losing its relevance. I mean i started working on this idea around Feb 2019 and so many plans have been on hold ever since.

JayTheGreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
I really don’t get it why they have included post march 18, 2020 copr holders in the travel exemption but they are still issuing CoPR. it’s a joke really.

maa2yyz77

Mar 19, 2021
Do you guys think we can get PPR in 2021? I read somewhere that Canada's vaccination will be completed by year end 2021. After 2 years of waiting and the current employment situation do you think it is even worth going?
I totally get you man, hang in there! I predict whether or not Canada subscribes to the idea of a vaccine passport, the other G7 countries will bully it into accepting it this summer. So my best advice for anyone is to get your jab as soon as you can so that you're prepared.

Reactions: Anchit1122

Anchit1122

Oct 7, 2019
I totally get you man, hang in there! I predict whether or not Canada subscribes to the idea of a vaccine passport, the other G7 countries will bully it into accepting it this summer. So my best advice for anyone is to get your jab as soon as you can so that you're prepared.
That is an interesting thought.

prashar.chhavi

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Hello @legalfalcon

Thank you for all you do!
Pls I am one of March 2020 AOR. Expecting PPR. I just got a re-medical request for 4 members out of family of 5. What happened was that we had our medical in April last year,but my spouse’s medical delayed d confirmation of medical due to the scar on her lungs due to past Tuberculosis issue(she had to do further X-ray and tests). We were later confirmed to Pass Medical and uploaded on our profile on Dec 2nd 2020.

I am kinda surprise to receive a re-medical request for d remaining four members of d family(excluding my spouse).

is this normal for other members to receive re-medical request when, the “Medical Passed” was just uploaded on our IRCC portal in December 2020?

should we go ahead and do the medicals for the four members of the family?

pls I await your informed response. Thank you
Hi,
I was going through the discussions relating to my query and I saw your post.
My situation is somewhat like yours. I did my medical on 9th December 2019 but due to problem in my X-ray the medical was rejected and I was asked to undergo treatment for 1 year after which I got clearance from hospital on 16th November 2020. So technically my medical is valid till November 2021 but now I have to fly in June and I am having doubt as what to show to immigration officer regarding medical. Because the medical certificate was of December 2019 which can be termed as expired.
If would be great help if you please assist me what document to show at the time of immigration to validate my medical.