+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

vamish14

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Did anyone else get a ghost update recently saying there’s a delay in processing time due to covid 19
I got two such emails over last two days!
Am I to interpret anything differently out of this?
Yes I too have got such mail on 26th March 2021, I called to the agent yesterday but there is not update on my application since Sept 2020. Now wait is more than a year. it's really frustrating.

Adam Tsao

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
hey guys,
since my medical exam has expired for 5 months and GCMS says it is expired, is it a good idea to do re-medical without being asked to do so now?
i am thinking if i do it, might trigger my case to be processed faster.
thanks a lot in advance!

vamish14

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Dear All,

Need your help, I am in very tough situation now and need suggestion for the below points.

For my PR application I have received AOR on 2nd Apr 2021 where background check is in progress state. My close work permit is being expired on 14th May 2021 and my employer is not considering the Open work permit which I received through BOWP and asking me to leave Canada by that day and return upon receiving the PR.

1. I have applied PR as an applicant so after getting COPR, can I bring my spouse and kid along with me from my home country to Canada?
2. For the Open work permit for myself, VR for my spouse and SP for my kid which are valid till Feb next year, can I apply TRV showing these documents for myself and family from India?
3. Can I apply TRV here in Canada and when they will ask for the passports, If I can submit the same from India?

Many thanks in advance..

Bathna33

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Tunisia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-06-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2021
Med's Done....
18-11-2021
Passport Req..
07-01-2022
I am planning to order GCMS notes on get gcms and I saw these GCMS+ notes that say
"Electronic notes along with a copy of your entire application, all supporting documents, and correspondence sent to and from IRCC "
does that mean I can receive all of the emails that IRCC has already sent to me? I missed my PPR email due to a typo in my email last year right before covid (yep fml) does that mean that I can find that email?

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
hey guys,
since my medical exam has expired for 5 months and GCMS says it is expired, is it a good idea to do re-medical without being asked to do so now?
i am thinking if i do it, might trigger my case to be processed faster.
thanks a lot in advance!
I don’t think doing remedical upfront could help to move your application to ahead of the queue. They clearly mention that they’re prioritizing inland applications now so outlanders will have to wait longer!

TheTAMAS

Nov 1, 2019
Hi all, I got an update for medical passed today after a re-medical request done last week.

I’m just here wondering what next after “All stages passed” and a fresh re-medical request satisfied!!!

Any idea what to expect after this lull???

AOR- March 28 2020.
Did re-medical invited any new cost?

hellenkatrina

Aug 12, 2019
received one too. i think this was a blast email to everyone whose application was approved, even for those whose application which was approved after march 18, 2020. based on GCMS notes, mine was approved on march 23, 2020.
Hi,

I received the same email survey on 27 Mar 2021 and it says" IRCC records indicate that you have recently received a decision from us on application".
On 27 Feb 2021, I raised a webform to IRCC about status and they replied that " your application is approved. We will instruct you on how to proceed once the next steps once the travel restriction have been removed". That means for those who received such email, you can double check your status by raising webform to IRCC to confirm if your pr is approved.

Today, I checked in CIC news on 21 Mar 2021 and knew that many politicians calls Canada Govt for action on approved permanent resident cases (thousand cases) but could not receive "ready for visa" email from IRCC to enter Canada due to travel restrictions. Another analysis in CIC news on 13April 2021 saying "Let not forget about the Canadian citizens of tomorrow", the articles saying that Govt Canada should treat fairly with the approved permanent residents while international students and work permit can exempt the travel restrictions.

Hope that IRCC will consider solutions to solve the stuck approved permanent residents soon.

Reactions: ArJee and nns14

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I don’t know why IRCC isn't adding fully vaccinated outland applicants under the travel exemptions. I have UAE residence and vaccination is now widely available for all adults.

KDM13

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
I don’t know why IRCC isn't adding fully vaccinated outland applicants under the travel exemptions. I have UAE residence and vaccination is now widely available for all adults.
I've thought this, I've had both my vaccines. I guess it's because many countries don't have any "vaccination passport" program to prove you've been vaccinated. I know here in the U.K there's no way for me to prove I've had the vaccine. They'd need access to my medical records somehow and I guess that's a tricky thing to get ahold of from different countries around the world.

dhruvbajaj39

Feb 19, 2021
I've thought this, I've had both my vaccines. I guess it's because many countries don't have any "vaccination passport" program to prove you've been vaccinated. I know here in the U.K there's no way for me to prove I've had the vaccine. They'd need access to my medical records somehow and I guess that's a tricky thing to get ahold of from different countries around the world.
I agree. While it’s scientifically plausible it would be discriminatory. In some countries owing to shortages everyone isn’t even eligible to get vaccinated. (e.g. India)