+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

slashmaybe

May 20, 2019
Hi
I think we'll get a re-medical request once they consider sending us PPR. I also have a Dec2019 AOR.

I got my GCMS notes today, after 120days. I am an FSW Outland applicant. The status is:
AOR: Dec 3rd, 2019
Biometrics: Dec 10th, 2019
Eligibility: Passed | Criminality: Passed | Medical: Passed (expecting re-medical request) | Info Sharing: Complete | Final: Approved
Similar details as me!

Yes I guess so - what's your VO btw?

Mine is NDVO. Emailed them asking specific status of my application. Got some boilerplate text about how they will get in touch with me when the application is finalized.

Feeling frustrated, discouraged and helpless.

EropbI4

May 29, 2020
Similar details as me!

Yes I guess so - what's your VO btw?

Mine is NDVO. Emailed them asking specific status of my application. Got some boilerplate text about how they will get in touch with me when the application is finalized.

Feeling frustrated, discouraged and helpless.
Hang in there, you’ll get your PPR soon. Just don’t wait.

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
Asked this in a neighboring topic, but will ask here as well: any recent PPRs from Ottawa for US-based applicants?

It's been more than a month now since my medicals got extended. Everything is passed, but IRCC remains silent, except for occasional generic responses to webforms submitted in December-January timeframe lol :)
GCMS came in, file approved but I'm added to the CPCO COVID PACE group even though I'm technically exempt (US resident, US citizen). Feeling relieved that the file at least got to a good milestone but unsure when I will finally see PPR/CoPR. Definitely understand the frustration.

Reactions: ArJee

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
GCMS came in, file approved but I'm added to the CPCO COVID PACE group even though I'm technically exempt (US resident, US citizen). Feeling relieved that the file at least got to a good milestone but unsure when I will finally see PPR/CoPR. Definitely understand the frustration.
What’s your visa office?

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
Thanks! So Ottawa is still working on fsw. Haven't seen any fsw ppr from Ottawa recently though.
Yeah. My application was untouched between Mar 4th, 2020 and Oct 27, 2020. Then things started picking up after they asked for an ADR. In my gcms notes there was activity in the notes section every other week after that, got my ADR documents November, December a bunch of redacted security notes and passed admissibility A35/A37 review mid December. Medicals expired around same time and was sent to reassessment in early Jan, Extended Jan 25th and finally on 2/2 the application was approved and added to the covid pace group.

KDM13

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
Got my GCMS notes last week, I am approved. I see I got my COPR in my notes since 2nd October 2020 but no PPR yet.

I guess I will get it when travel restrictions are lifted. So I'm happy I know I'm approved but still a lot more waiting to do I think.

Last edited:

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Yeah. My application was untouched between Mar 4th, 2020 and Oct 27, 2020. Then things started picking up after they asked for an ADR. In my gcms notes there was activity in the notes section every other week after that, got my ADR documents November, December a bunch of redacted security notes and passed admissibility A35/A37 review mid December. Medicals expired around same time and was sent to reassessment in early Jan, Extended Jan 25th and finally on 2/2 the application was approved and added to the covid pace group.
Thank you for such a detailed comment! Looks like, approval-wise, our timelines are quite close, especially with the medicals reassessment.
My security was cleared in November as well. Now I am wondering what's the actual pace of the "covid pace" group.

I think I read about folks approved as early as spring/summer of 2020, but stuck in the "covid pace". That said, with reopenings and vaccinations things might finally start moving for us.