+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

Omobonike7777

Sep 29, 2019
Hello guys,

below is the response to my webform I raised about three weeks ago. I hv gotten a request for re-medicals since the current one will be expiring next month.
I guess everything is in order for me... waiting for when restrictions would be lifted....

“Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
  • The eligibility requirements are passed.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the COVID-19, some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.
We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

iambowcreek

Jan 23, 2020
Please have anyone seen a post March 2020 copr holder requested for AL without having any immediate family in Canada and was approved maybe on compassionate ground.

Pls any advice or suggestion is needed as the COPR is about to expire

Reactions: baarsaam

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello guys,

below is the response to my webform I raised about three weeks ago. I hv gotten a request for re-medicals since the current one will be expiring next month.
I guess everything is in order for me... waiting for when restrictions would be lifted....

“Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
  • The eligibility requirements are passed.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
Due to the ongoing situation related to the COVID-19, some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.
We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
Yes, it looks like you're in the "everything passed" stage and now it's a waiting game. Remedical request is a good sign because it's the last step before finalizing. Hope they get you processed and send you a PPR sooner rather than later, but with IRCC you'll never know.

When is your AOR? What's your visa office and current country of residency?

Omobonike7777

Sep 29, 2019
Yes, it looks like you're in the "everything passed" stage and now it's a waiting game. Remedical request is a good sign because it's the last step before finalizing. Hope they get you processed and send you a PPR sooner rather than later, but with IRCC you'll never know.

When is your AOR? What's your visa office and current country of residency?

Thank you.

March 28
Sydney NS
Nigeria

slashmaybe

May 20, 2019
September 2019 AOR. All passed - confirmed with the IRCC agent on phone yesterday. Actually, today is one full year from the day my eligibility was passed, so you can imagine how long is the wait.

On February 9th have extended medicals for myself and my spouse until October 30th, 2021, but did NOT extend them for two dependents kids I have on my application as well. This is beyond rational and makes no sense. They haven't issued a remedical request for the kids yet, so my hope is that they might still get an extension. There's only one place to give medical exam in the surrounding states, and the cost is $450 USD per person. Wasting $900 (again) is the least thing I want now.

I am in the US and ready to move to Canada ASAP. But who cares.
Hi @vsfedotov - how did you get your medicals extended? Mine are expiring today (according to the GCMS notes), and I don't know if I'm expected to do something to get it extended

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi @vsfedotov - how did you get your medicals extended? Mine are expiring today (according to the GCMS notes), and I don't know if I'm expected to do something to get it extended
Well, I didn't get them extended, IRCC got them extended :)
My medicals expired in Sep 2020, the message in the profile changed to "You don't need a medical exam". Then, in Jan 2021, it changed to "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam". Then on Feb 9th, it changed again to "you've passed the medical exam", which is eventually not 100% true.
So wait for your medicals status to change to "we are reviewing", it's an indication of either an extension or remedical coming your way.

Reactions: slashmaybe

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Realistically speaking, when do you all feel Canada will open its borders and start issuing PPRs?
1. Q2-2021
2. Q3-2021
3. Q4-2021
4. 2022

Reactions: slashmaybe

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Realistically speaking, when do you all feel Canada will open its borders and start issuing PPRs?
1. Q2-2021
2. Q3-2021
3. Q4-2021
4. 2022
I would say Q4-2021, but it depends on the country of residence and on the vaccination status in Canada.
In my opinion it could be Q3-2021 for some lucky ones, 2022 for unlucky ones.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Does this mean Canada is not issuing PPRs currently?
---------------------------------------------------------------
AOR : March 2020
Re-medicals passed: Jan 23rd 2021
GCMS notes says FINAL status as APPROVED
PPR : yet to receive
The number of PPRs issued to outland is extremely small.

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
The number of PPRs issued to outland is extremely small.
exactly.. this is from myimmitracker.. for outland applicants:
-there was 1 PPR issued yesterday from Bangladesh. (wondering which VO)
-before March 2 the last PPRs was issued on 11th Feb..
-the numbers are also really low.. maybe 1 or 2 daily

I too hope that maybe they will start gradually accepting ppl from June/July...

dxben

Star Member
May 24, 2020
exactly.. this is from myimmitracker.. for outland applicants:
-there was 1 PPR issued yesterday from Bangladesh. (wondering which VO)
-before March 2 the last PPRs was issued on 11th Feb..
-the numbers are also really low.. maybe 1 or 2 daily

I too hope that maybe they will start gradually accepting ppl from June/July...
Have you ordered GCMS?

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Ok good.. I got the info from my GCMS notes I received on 7th Feb.. But I got two ghost updates after that..
i too got GUs..
1st around 20th feb and then again last week..
with biometrics starting.. hopefully, they have started processing our files.

Ps: gcms recieved on 10th feb..

Adam Tsao

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
The good news is that Canada is speeding up the vaccination process. many provinces said they would get all adults vaccinated by the end of June with at least one dose. which means, Canada might reopen soon this summer and finally we can move there.