+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

Zittj

Nov 15, 2020
Hello everyone,
Please I just need your advice (your two cents) on this : I have a valid Canadian visitor visa which is valid till August this year and also at this time waiting for my PR approval. I am exempted from the travel restrictions because my brother is a permanent resident. Now, my confusion is this: do I travel on my visitor visa now, then inform IRCC on change of address to Canadian address and wait for my pr approval while in Canada or should I keep waiting for the pr approval here in my country (my visitor visa might expire while waiting here)? Please what do y'all think?

Reactions: Rajinder1234

akriti91

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Hi everyone,
I'm outland FSW applicant, AOR : 29-11-2019
I received a response to a web form in April saying that a decision has been made
yet the next two web form responses in May were only indicating that my application is still in process
accordingly, I ordered GCMS notes and got the following
App status : open . Reason : in progress
In assessments section,
Eligibility : Passed
Criminality : Passed
Security : blank with S.15(1) at the top right corner
Medical : Passed
Info sharing : complete
Final : Approved
-----------------------
In finalize application section, counterfoil and COPR are generated and updated on 30-4, but status is not started
In Organization & Entities2 : CN COVID PACE, Pending Findec.
Did you get any update yet? I'm in the same boat.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
This US-Canada borde extension announcement. No announcement yet for other countries but for sure expected to follow suit.

Predictable, hope 2022 will be a good year for immigration.
2022 will come back to the norm. But I am expecting the travel restriction to be eased for PR applicants without family connections in Canada by June/July.

Canada is scheduled to vaccinate 50% of its population (15m people) by June and the rest by September. If the vaccination works as expected, there's no reason for them to continue restriction after September. Hopefully, they add us, PR applicants, to the exception by mid year.

Reactions: ArJee

itsgp

Oct 11, 2019
Yup... 29 months and still waiting!!
Hi,

I received my AOR on Aug 2019 and by Feb 3rd 2020 I got my COPR(Ready for Visa email) and later Jun 2020 we got blessed with baby so we took some time to upload his documents and due to pandemic issues all documentation(SSN, Passport, BC followed by medical) work got delayed so finally we submitted my newborn documents by Oct 2020 and we are again waiting for new COPR and not sure when we will get an update from IRCC.

I have sent a couple of web form queries but till now no responses !!

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Hi,

I received my AOR on Aug 2019 and by Feb 3rd 2020 I got my COPR(Ready for Visa email) and later Jun 2020 we got blessed with baby so we took some time to upload his documents and due to pandemic issues all documentation(SSN, Passport, BC followed by medical) work got delayed so finally we submitted my newborn documents by Oct 2020 and we are again waiting for new COPR and not sure when we will get an update from IRCC.

I have sent a couple of web form queries but till now no responses !!
in the same situation!

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
This US-Canada borde extension announcement. No announcement yet for other countries but for sure expected to follow suit.

2022 will come back to the norm. But I am expecting the travel restriction to be eased for PR applicants without family connections in Canada by June/July.

Canada is scheduled to vaccinate 50% of its population (15m people) by June and the rest by September. If the vaccination works as expected, there's no reason for them to continue restriction after September. Hopefully, they add us, PR applicants, to the exception by mid year.
That’s what we all are hoping for too. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: ArJee

Namta1828

May 5, 2020

canada1988

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
I have closed work permit, my spouse have open work permit, child have visitor visa. Child age is 4 years. Do i need authorization letter for my family to enter Canada. Please advise

Note: myself and spouse have letter of introduction