+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

Ankson

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Hi Everyone

Need some clarification. I am a FSW-Outland applicant, AOR- March 2020, I had raised the webform to understand the status of my application and got the below reply today:

Background verifications are in process
Security background- has not initiated
The criminal background verification is in process
The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements.

However, I called IRCC 2weeks back and agent told me that eligibility is passed. I don't know whether now my eligibility is passed or what since the agent response over phone and the reply for webform are different; whom I should consider now.

I've raised GCMS notes 2months, awaiting to get the response for that. Is anyone facing/ faced the same situation. Please advice. Since by looking at the web-form response it seems my file has not been touched as no progress is shown in any of the steps. Please advise anyone as it is really disappointing :(

@legalfalcon Please advise. Thanks in advance.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
why isn't Ottawa issuing PPRs?
really frustrating..
They believe they are deliberately not sending PPR to outland applicants due to travel restrictions. It is seems they process applications till all stages are finalized and then park them.

Preux

Jul 14, 2020
I got PPR on November 7th and now COPR visa is stamped till March. I am not sure if we need to book our tickets now? Are travel restrictions removed? Is soft landing allowed now?
Congrats on the PPR but the answer to all your questions is no, we need to wait for future updates from IRCC regarding travel restrictions.

Reactions: CarlCoco
Mar 22, 2020
Hi Everyone,

All the people who have got the passport stamped, can you please tell me if there is a printed date before which you cannot travel?

Thanks!!!

Mike8564

Jan 21, 2020
Hi guys,

My wife's sponsorship application status changed to DM two week ago but she didn't get PPR, she sent an email to visa office about it and they answered:
"Please be advised that this file has been preliminarily assessed and is currently in the queue for the secondary review."
Can you please tell what this means? and how long it takes for second review?

Thank you so much.

Reactions: Rajinder1234

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
They believe they are deliberately not sending PPR to outland applicants due to travel restrictions. It is seems they process applications till all stages are finalized and then park them.
I think that they are not sending PPR at all. I am living in US (couple of hours driving from the border) and I am technically not restricted. Still my application is not moving forward.

AmalDreams

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Aor sept 18th
Fsw-o

Medical/bio-22nd oct
Ghost update 6th nov=ip1
Ghost update 3rd december=ip2
Ghost update 16th december= no change

Is ppr coming soon?