+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Is there any news regarding that? I seriously pray the restrictions will be removed for post March 18, I also learnt some people who are post March 18 are landing,I don't know how true it is.
I think restrictions will be lifted. Reasons below:

1. Saw this in the group- COPR and coronavirus. Apparently:
For Ottawa, this week, applicants are receiving "Action Required: Are you able to travel to Canada soon" email which confirms your medicals have been extended and confirming if you're able to travel.

2. https://www.wsj.com/articles/canada-authorizes-covid-19-vaccine-from-pfizer-and-biontech-11607531030

Reactions: Rajputkaushal

JerryAnn

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Lagos
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
21-12-2019
AOR Received.
21-12-2019

For Ottawa, this week, applicants are receiving "Action Required: Are you able to travel to Canada soon" email which confirms your medicals have been extended and confirming if you're able to travel.

2. https://www.wsj.com/articles/canada-authorizes-covid-19-vaccine-from-pfizer-and-biontech-11607531030
We really hope so, however we just keep trusting God to help resolve this pandemic,that will be the best.

Reactions: CarlCoco

Dell2018

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018

I hope these are lifted before our CoPRs expire.

Any speculations on expected dates of lifting of travel restrictions?

Reactions: ArJee

AmalDreams

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
called ircc today and the agent told me that my application is being processed outside canada.

What does it mean? I got two ghost updates on 2md december and on 3rd my background changed to processing

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
called ircc today and the agent told me that my application is being processed outside canada.

What does it mean? I got two ghost updates on 2md december and on 3rd my background changed to processing
As far as I know it means that your VO is outside Canada. You can find your VO by raising a webform.

inanda

Dec 11, 2020
Got PPR email yesterday.
AOR- Nov 2019, PNP Outland, India, VO- Ottawa.
Just wanted to share for re-assurance.

Processing period got extended, but through-out the additional wait i thought that-
before COVID IRCC guys were running one of the best Immigration systems in the world.
And Covid doesn't change that. Covid is the enemy, IRCC ppl are as competent as before.
I raised just 2 webforms to inquire about my application, and this happened automatically.

So keep the faith and hang in there, for those who are still waiting.
Covid has affected us all very badly, but we are in good hands, and things have again started moving.
--

Rajputkaushal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-10-2019
Doc's Request.
30-01-2020
Got PPR email yesterday.

Processing period got extended, but through-out the additional wait i thought that-
before COVID IRCC guys were running one of the best Immigration systems in the world.
And Covid doesn't change that. Covid is the enemy, IRCC ppl are as competent as before.
I raised just 2 webforms to inquire about my application, and this happened automatically.

Covid has affected us all very badly, but we are in good hands, and things have again started moving.
--
congratulations and thanks for such a positive post . My case is also at vo ottawa

I got first update on medical on 9th of nov and status changed from "you passed medical exam" to" you don't need a medical and we will send you a message if it changes" and
Now on 8th of December it changed to "December 8,2020 you passed the medical exam."
AOR OCTOBER 5,2019.
FSW-O INDIA
VO OTTAWA
DOES THIS IMPLY THAT THERE ARE CHANCES OF PPR ISSUANCE IN NEAR FUTURE ? or just a routine update??

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
congratulations and thanks for such a positive post . My case is also at vo ottawa

I got first update on medical on 9th of nov and status changed from "you passed medical exam" to" you don't need a medical and we will send you a message if it changes" and
Now on 8th of December it changed to "December 8,2020 you passed the medical exam."
AOR OCTOBER 5,2019.
FSW-O INDIA
VO OTTAWA
DOES THIS IMPLY THAT THERE ARE CHANCES OF PPR ISSUANCE IN NEAR FUTURE ? or just a routine update??
That’s a positive update definitely. Hopefully we can look forward to PPRs being issued by Ottawa VO in the near future. Also gives me positivity and hope since my medical changed to “you don’t need a medical...” on 9th December 2020. Looking forward to the extension. My VO is Ottawa too.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Got PPR email yesterday.

--
Wow! Congratulations. Do you have any siblings or family in Canada? And was your PPR sent by NDVO?

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
I hope these are lifted before our CoPRs expire.

Any speculations on expected dates of lifting of travel restrictions?
I think post 21st Jan.. reasoning below:
1. the holiday period will be over...
2. the vaccination process will have well started.. Apparently, it takes 28 days to start developing some immunity.. so a months time and they should slowly start opening up..
3. they have immigration targets to meet for 2021... https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/clinical-areas/immunology-and-vaccines/pfizer-vaccine-gives-immunity-seven-days-after-second-dose-says-advisory-body/

however, on other groups, they are saying it may well be earlier for those ppl whose COPR expired and were given an AL.. ppl have been given extensions on their medical till dates like end-Jan.. so it may well be earlier for some ppl... I just feel this shows strong intent to open borders.. so fingers crossed...