+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

robasket3535

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
I would expect that there will be good news for many people very soon.
To meet their large target for 2021 IRCC are going to have to start issuing PPRs in preparation.
I predict that if they are serious about meeting the new targets then offices will begin issuing a lot of PPRs this week.
Thank you very much for the positive news. I think they’ve started issuing PPRs for outlanders in the past couple of weeks. At least this is better than being completely silent.

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
VACs are not opened in India yet... i dont think this year would be good for Indians... No PPRs being issued yet.. Hope for the best...
yup.. but what about the 28th oct notice from VFS?
IRCC is now sending out passport request letters with an instruction letter sent separately by mail or electronically.
maybe they start sending pprs?

Hemilshah80

Apr 3, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
IRCC is now sending out passport request letters with an instruction letter sent separately by mail or electronically.

That letter is specifically for People who previously received passport request. They're not issuing fresh PPRs to Indian Nationals residing in India.

amanbagga8686

May 16, 2020
IRCC has not yet announced anything officially on this, also that is for people who received PPR previously. Lets come out something only then we can expect something for us...

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Ma

Y I ask which country you are moving to?
I m moving to Lisbon, 300 days of sun a year , coastal city with modern and traditional vibes, sometimes labelled as the San Francisco of Europe because of the lifestyle and a highly creative tendency in many sectors ( will be myself moving to launch a tech start up) .

cost of living is also really worth it , 700 Canadian dollars for a two bedroom apartment while I was supposed to pay up to 3000 Canadian dollars for the same in Vancouver ( was planning to go to Vancouver), so as said in my previous post I m not losing much.

The whole situation with Canada is I felt like we aren't really valued despite the new targets , we are to Canada all pretty much the same as they welcome millions of us , so they have the luxury to ban us from travel , put our applications on hold for months while us as individuals don't have this luxury , I was fed up with the whole situation that's why I made another move.

Last edited:

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Congratulations mate,

Regardless of the final decision you will take about destination, I hope you will find success and satisfaction.

All the best Inchallah
Thank you my friend, really appreciate your kind words.

As you know , the situation in our home country is currently really tough and I had to move on with my choices to get a better living for my family.

Canada despite everything is a childhood dream but in life you have to make choices , I m sure you guys will really enjoy it , all the waiting is worth it but as said above as an individual I had to quickly sort my life out.

My best wishes bro , if one day I decide to make the move , will surely see you there.

pt3

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31 August 2018
File Transfer...
Transferred to New Delhi from Ottawa
Passport Req..
7 November 2020
VISA ISSUED...
02 December 2020
This might be a far-fetched question but I am AOR Aug 2018 and as per gcms notes, my application was cleared in July this year. I got a remedical request on Oct 15. Will the 2018 backlogs be pushed back further when pprs start being handed out?

pt3

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31 August 2018
File Transfer...
Transferred to New Delhi from Ottawa
Passport Req..
7 November 2020
VISA ISSUED...
02 December 2020
This might be a far-fetched question but I am AOR Aug 2018 and as per gcms notes, my application was cleared in July this year. I got a remedical request on Oct 15. Will the 2018 backlogs be pushed back further when pprs start being handed out?
File is in processing at NDVO

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
In the past couple of weeks / months, I have seen a number of applicants with the below statuses (not sure if I am missing out on any).

1) Expired COPRs and COPRs issued but cannot travel
2) Those with Approved status and counter foil generated but no PPR sent.
3) Those with Approved status but nothing post that
4) Those with everything passed but no final decision yet
5) Those with everything passed but no final decision yet since biometrics not submitted

Once things open up or start moving in terms of approvals, I am just wondering at the sheer number of those who would be ready to travel.

I presume approvals / landing maybe staggered but in that case wouldn’t the backlog continuously keep building up?

Mmoga

Aug 8, 2019
South Africa
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
@legalfalcon and other members of the group.

Dear All,

Would like to get the groups opinion on my interpretation of the below travel restrictions to Canada. For persons with valid COPR's and Visas in the Passports (prior or post 18 March 2020)

1. As per the website the below people are allowed to enter:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

On this page

2. As foreign nationals the above bold text section takes us to the below link (extract below):

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#other
All other foreign nationals
To be eligible, you must meet one of the following requirements:

• You must be travelling directly from the US for a non-discretionary purpose.
  • You must be exempt from the travel restrictions and be travelling for a non-discretionary purpose.
Travellers coming from outside the US who are exempt from the travel restrictions
  • temporary foreign workers
  • some international students
  • some people who have been approved to become a permanent resident of Canada, but who are not yet permanent residents
  • immediate family members with written authorization from IRCC to reunite with a temporary resident of Canada (see Uniting with immediate family members for more information)
  • transiting passengers (must remain in the secure transit area of a Canadian airport to complete their connection)
  • members of the Canadian forces, visiting forces coming to perform official duties, Department of National Defence and their immediate family members
  • accredited diplomats and their immediate family members (includes North Atlantic Treaty Organization [NATO], those under the United Nations Headquarters Agreement, other organizations)
  • air and marine crew members
  • French citizens who live in Saint-Pierre and Miquelon and have been in only Canada, the US or Saint-Pierre and Miquelon during the 14 days before the day they seek to enter Canada
  • any person who does not pose a significant harm to public health, in the opinion of the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada, and who will provide an essential service while in Canada
  • any person whose presence in Canada is in the national interest, in the opinion of the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship; Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness; or Minister of Foreign Affairs
    • If you fall under this exemption, you don’t have to demonstrate that you’re entering Canada for a non-discretionary reason.
  • any person who is coming at the invitation of the Minister of Health for the purpose of COVID-19 assistance
  • any person whose purpose is to make medical deliveries
You must also have a quarantine plan that shows how you will quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This plan is mandatory.

3. My interpretation of the above highlighted statement is that the Chief Public health Officer has made the below essential services and functions exempt from the restrictions.

Guidance on Essential Services and Functions in Canada During the COVID-19 Pandemic (link below)

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/ntnl-scrt/crtcl-nfrstrctr/esf-sfe-en.aspx

Canada’s National Strategy for Critical Infrastructure defines critical infrastructure as the processes, systems, facilities, technologies, networks, assets, and services essential to the health, safety, security or economic well-being of Canadians and the effective functioning of government. The Strategy classifies critical infrastructure in Canada according to ten sectors:
  • Energy and Utilities
  • Information and Communication Technologies
  • Finance
  • Health
  • Food
  • Water
  • Transportation
  • Safety
  • Government
  • Manufacturing
A number of jurisdictions within Canada have announced that business closures and border measures are in effect. Provincial and territorial announcements have highlighted that only organizations necessary to provide “essential services” are permitted to operate.

In conclusion, any person falling into one of the above categories may travel to Canada permanently settle, not sure if I'm confusing or interpreting the above incorrectly.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

$R27

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
App. Filed.......
11 October 2019
Anyone got PPR after 20th oct?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon and other members of the group.

Dear All,

Would like to get the groups opinion on my interpretation of the below travel restrictions to Canada. For persons with valid COPR's and Visas in the Passports (prior or post 18 March 2020)

1. As per the website the below people are allowed to enter:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

On this page

2. As foreign nationals the above bold text section takes us to the below link (extract below):

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#other
All other foreign nationals
To be eligible, you must meet one of the following requirements:

• You must be travelling directly from the US for a non-discretionary purpose.
  • You must be exempt from the travel restrictions and be travelling for a non-discretionary purpose.
Travellers coming from outside the US who are exempt from the travel restrictions
  • temporary foreign workers
  • some international students
  • some people who have been approved to become a permanent resident of Canada, but who are not yet permanent residents
  • immediate family members with written authorization from IRCC to reunite with a temporary resident of Canada (see Uniting with immediate family members for more information)
  • transiting passengers (must remain in the secure transit area of a Canadian airport to complete their connection)
  • members of the Canadian forces, visiting forces coming to perform official duties, Department of National Defence and their immediate family members
  • accredited diplomats and their immediate family members (includes North Atlantic Treaty Organization [NATO], those under the United Nations Headquarters Agreement, other organizations)
  • air and marine crew members
  • French citizens who live in Saint-Pierre and Miquelon and have been in only Canada, the US or Saint-Pierre and Miquelon during the 14 days before the day they seek to enter Canada
  • any person who does not pose a significant harm to public health, in the opinion of the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada, and who will provide an essential service while in Canada
  • any person whose presence in Canada is in the national interest, in the opinion of the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship; Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness; or Minister of Foreign Affairs
    • If you fall under this exemption, you don’t have to demonstrate that you’re entering Canada for a non-discretionary reason.
  • any person who is coming at the invitation of the Minister of Health for the purpose of COVID-19 assistance
  • any person whose purpose is to make medical deliveries
You must also have a quarantine plan that shows how you will quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This plan is mandatory.

3. My interpretation of the above highlighted statement is that the Chief Public health Officer has made the below essential services and functions exempt from the restrictions.

Guidance on Essential Services and Functions in Canada During the COVID-19 Pandemic (link below)

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/ntnl-scrt/crtcl-nfrstrctr/esf-sfe-en.aspx

Canada’s National Strategy for Critical Infrastructure defines critical infrastructure as the processes, systems, facilities, technologies, networks, assets, and services essential to the health, safety, security or economic well-being of Canadians and the effective functioning of government. The Strategy classifies critical infrastructure in Canada according to ten sectors:
  • Energy and Utilities
  • Information and Communication Technologies
  • Finance
  • Health
  • Food
  • Water
  • Transportation
  • Safety
  • Government
  • Manufacturing
A number of jurisdictions within Canada have announced that business closures and border measures are in effect. Provincial and territorial announcements have highlighted that only organizations necessary to provide “essential services” are permitted to operate.

In conclusion, any person falling into one of the above categories may travel to Canada permanently settle, not sure if I'm confusing or interpreting the above incorrectly.

Thanks in advance.
They have, but to travel your specific job has to be classified as one by a letter issued by the Public Health Official.

Reactions: Preux and baarsaam