+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Congratulations. As per the official webpage , people who have been approved to become a permanent resident of Canada, but who are not yet permanent residents are exempt from the travel restrictions.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#exempt
No, it isn't. If you navigate 2 more steps you will see that they only allow approved PR applicants who: 1/ were approved before or by March 18th. 2/ having relatives living in Canada. 3/ currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply).

Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#processing

CA98712

Dec 9, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
I also read this page and understand same thing that even IRCC gives PPR we can not able to travel now...........
Experts please provide your opinion

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
I also read this page and understand same thing that even IRCC gives PPR we can not able to travel now...........
Experts please provide your opinion
We will just have to wait and hope they make changes :(

Preux

Jul 14, 2020
Seeing as how they are rolling out PPRs again, It's only logical to think IRCC has also made plans to enable these new immigirants to travel.
Hopefully in the November update they will address this issue.

Reactions: Wotsit

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
Congratulations. As per the official webpage , people who have been approved to become a permanent resident of Canada, but who are not yet permanent residents are exempt from the travel restrictions.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#exempt
Wrong information. IRCC says "some people who have been approved to become a permanent resident of Canada, but who are not yet permanent residents" on that link.

In addition, check this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

"You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and
  • the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or
  • the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time), or
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)"
We're supposed to share the truth here, not what most people would like to hear.

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
Seeing as how they are rolling out PPRs again, It's only logical to think IRCC has also made plans to enable these new immigirants to travel.
Hopefully in the November update they will address this issue.
Some people have received COPRs that expire before the end of the year, I can't see the reason for issuing these if restrictions weren't going to be changed.
I think there will be a change soon to allow all COPR holders to travel.

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Some people have received COPRs that expire before the end of the year, I can't see the reason for issuing these if restrictions weren't going to be changed.
I think there will be a change soon to allow all COPR holders to travel.
May God hear you @Wotsit & @Preux.

iambowcreek

Jan 23, 2020
Hello House
Please I really need advice/direction on what to do. We received PPR mail yesterday 23rd Oct 2020 and have only 30days to submit our passport. My wife is pregnant and will be due in like 3weeks. Pls do I still go ahead and submit the passports or wait till she delivers and raise a webform immediately to inform IRCC or we should raise the webform now and inform them.
Pls experts in the house kindly advice or if you have been in such situation pls what did u do.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Wrong information. IRCC says "some people who have been approved to become a permanent resident of Canada, but who are not yet permanent residents" on that link.

In addition, check this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

"You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and
  • the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or
  • the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time), or
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)"
We're supposed to share the truth here, not what most people would like to hear.
I am sorry. That is what i understood. My bad. Thank you for the correct info. I have deleted the message now. Sorry again.

QuinAby

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-10-2023
Hello House
Please I really need advice/direction on what to do. We received PPR mail yesterday 23rd Oct 2020 and have only 30days to submit our passport. My wife is pregnant and will be due in like 3weeks. Pls do I still go ahead and submit the passports or wait till she delivers and raise a webform immediately to inform IRCC or we should raise the webform now and inform them.
Pls experts in the house kindly advice or if you have been in such situation pls what did u do.
Congratulations once again, if you're going to get your passports back from Accra and fit to fly in less than 2 weeks, I would say go for it, if not...wait till she gives birth and raise a web form for your new born. Good luck.

Reactions: iambowcreek