+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

TTG

Sep 22, 2020
So you’re upset because there isn’t an EXACT timeline of how long an application (your application maybe) could take, within the reduced manpower scope of a global pandemic, one that has delayed processing on literally all other aspects of life?
I do not think the concern is a slower or delayed processing speed. Clearly man power is not the only concern, they are doing draws and allowing new applications which means there is people in the department working. It is unfortunately a governmental decision not to allow immigrants. My personal concern is not about the governmental decision to do this (which is the country's decision to keep there citizens safe), but more the lack of communication from the IRCC.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Seriously, some people in this program do not know or believe their values to Canada. Canada is NOT doing us favors. We are not asylum seekers. We are skilled individuals whom they are clearly in short and in need of. We bring value to Canada.

Therefore, it is not far fetched request or expectation to know the tentative timeline to finalize our applications.

Please do not devalue our significance with this needy mentality.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Do you even know what stakeholder means?
I'm well aware. We aren't decision making stakeholders in the immigration process. IRCC is beholden to their own internal KPIs, and reports to Ministers based on their mandates. Yes, we exist as external stakeholders by virtue of being clients while our applications are being processed, but overall on the totem pole, we aren't more important than the entities IRCC directly answers to in Government, and certainly not more important than their shared duty towards Canadians first and foremost.

Last edited:

Bathna33

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Tunisia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-06-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2021
Med's Done....
18-11-2021
Passport Req..
07-01-2022
I've just received this answer to my webform, in which I clearly explained + screenshots that I did not receive my ppr even thought it was sent on February 27th. There was a typo in my email (it's my fault, I know, stupid mistake, I hate myself for it) and I fixed the typo afterwards and my email is now correct in their system.

"Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

You are outside Canada and your permanent residence application has been approved, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, or your documents have already expired? Rest assured that you do not need to contact us until you are ready to travel to Canada.

When you are ready to travel to Canada, we invite you to follow the instructions on our website to notify us. We will then tell you what to do next.

For more information on the situation and to receive up-to-date information, we invite you to verify our website.

"

My aor is August 2019
My vo is Ottawa

My medicals expired earlier this month and I didn't get any updates. I'm deeply frustrated. I don't know if they are aware that I don't have a passport request email. I literally explained twice + time over the phone. Any idea on what I should do?

Reactions: Rajputkaushal

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I'm well aware. We aren't decision making stakeholders in the immigration process. IRCC is beholden to their own internal KPIs, and reports to Ministers based on their mandates. Yes, we exist as external stakeholders by virtue of being clients while our applications are being processed, but overall on the totem pole, we aren't more important than the entities IRCC directly answers to in Government, and certainly not more important than their shared duty towards Canadians first and foremost.
Please read your initial post. You said we are not stakeholders. You even said "Not close". And now you are saying we aren't decision-making stakeholders???

Reactions: baarsaam

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Have any of you heard any news of any new PPRS being issued (like recently in Nigeria, Iran and Australia)?

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
[
I've just received this answer to my webform, in which I clearly explained + screenshots that I did not receive my ppr even thought it was sent on February 27th. There was a typo in my email (it's my fault, I know, stupid mistake, I hate myself for it) and I fixed the typo afterwards and my email is now correct in their system.

"Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

You are outside Canada and your permanent residence application has been approved, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, or your documents have already expired? Rest assured that you do not need to contact us until you are ready to travel to Canada.

When you are ready to travel to Canada, we invite you to follow the instructions on our website to notify us. We will then tell you what to do next.

For more information on the situation and to receive up-to-date information, we invite you to verify our website.

"

My aor is August 2019
My vo is Ottawa

My medicals expired earlier this month and I didn't get any updates. I'm deeply frustrated. I don't know if they are aware that I don't have a passport request email. I literally explained twice + time over the phone. Any idea on what I should do?
As you were approved before March 18th , you are eligible to travel to Canada I think, as you were already issued a COPR.

All you can do now is send a ready to travel email whenever you are ready including your COPR number from GCMS notes and explain to them again that you are from a country that requires a visa and your VAC is operating and open , if they approve your ready to travel request , you will get a passport request shortly after that.

Please keep us updated and good luck.

Bathna33

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Tunisia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-06-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2021
Med's Done....
18-11-2021
Passport Req..
07-01-2022
[

As you were approved before March 18th , you are eligible to travel to Canada I think, as you were already issued a COPR.

All you can do now is send a ready to travel email whenever you are ready including your COPR number from GCMS notes and explain to them again that you are from a country that requires a visa and your VAC is operating and open , if they approve your ready to travel request , you will get a passport request shortly after that.

Please keep us updated and good luck.
Oh wow! I didn't know that! Alright, I already ordered my cbsa notes last month , I hope I sort this out. It's been very frustrating dealing with ircc. I'll give you updates

Reactions: Rajputkaushal

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yep, I agree. They charge for it and we pay for it so we should expect actions from them as paying customers. We are not asylum seekers. We are valuable people (not that asylum seekers may be less of value) that can contribute a lot to any economy and that is worth more than any money.
Processing fees only cover a portion of the processing costs.

Reactions: EscoBlades

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Please where are the passports to be submitted. VFS isn't receiving passports yet. I also got PPR last week
Many Congratulations. Can you please let me know how we get PPR? Do they update in ECAS, GCKEY or do they send email? Thank You.