+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

FamilyHilton

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Wanted to update the forum. Been reading for a while but first post.
Outland applicant, AOR Jan 21 2020
Biometrics completed in February.
No update on file from May. Residing in Australia.
Both my wife and I are medical doctors with Canadian qualifications.
Received job offers in Canada supposed to start in September 2020. Due to delays and trying to update the health region we sent all the documentation regarding the work offer, plan to isolate, potential flights etc. Received feedback after months of waiting.

"This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. You request regarding urgency for processing your Permanent Residence application has been reviewed. Your permanent residence applications are currently at the final stages of processing. There are currently no travel exemptions for essential workers for permanent residence applications. You will not be able to come to Canada until the travel restrictions are removed. Exemptions from travel restrictions for essential workers are currently for work permits. You may apply for a work permit for yourself and corresponding permits for family. Your application will be reviewed to see if you meet requirements for essential workers and travel exemptions. "

So guess we will have for borders to open, or apply for work visas which will take months.
Unfortunately I can't imagine borders opening any time soon.
Did you manage to find out any information about if you could apply for a work permit to use until your PPR is issued? I know people who were temporary residents inside Canada before August who got offered jobs could apply for a work permit and stay. I'm hounding the immigration minister at the moment about outland medical professionals in key roles not being allowed to enter. I have a call with Health Match BC tonight because they've managed to help people enter the country since March in the medical field. I'll fill you in when i've spoken to them.

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
Today I figured something quite funny! if they delay my application until Feb 20201, I might have to do my third medical!! :D:D It's like the only movement in my application, doing a medical once a year and waiting in a queue to be reviewed by an officer. I'm genuinely worried about my officer. I hope he/she is healthy and fine.

Last edited:

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Today I figured something quite funny! if they delay my application until Feb 20201, I might have to do my third medical!! :D:D It's like the only movement in my application, doing a medical once a year and waiting in a queue to be reviewed by an officer. I'm genuinely worried about my officer. I hope he/she is healthy and fine.
Haha

I am in the same situation. My second medical will expire mid February 2021. I believe by December we will either get remedical or extension. I really hope it is extension as we cannot (got two dependents) take it again both financially and psychologically.

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
Haha

I am in the same situation. My second medical will expire mid February 2021. I believe by December we will either get remedical or extension. I really hope it is extension as we cannot (got two dependents) take it again both financially and psychologically.
tell me about it!! I figured the only way to deal with it is to just ignore the whole thing. Honestly, I'm also like investigating other options. Britain seems to suit my situation too. BTW, have you ordered a GCMS note recently? I have already ordered three. The first one was in July and I got a response in 3 weeks time. The second one I ordered in Aug and funny that it was, I got a response in 1 day!!!! I believe they already knew that there couldn't have been any progress with my app so they just sent the previous one with a couple of more call logs. The third one I ordered 10 days ago and haven't heard back yet. I hope it's a good sign. You know just like at least the officer is looking at the app and thinking to himself: "oh shoot! I really messed up this one!!" :D :D

• Haha
Reactions: Rajputkaushal

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
tell me about it!! I figured the only way to deal with it is to just ignore the whole thing. Honestly, I'm also like investigating other options. Britain seems to suit my situation too. BTW, have you ordered a GCMS note recently? I have already ordered three. The first one was in July and I got a response in 3 weeks time. The second one I ordered in Aug and funny that it was, I got a response in 1 day!!!! I believe they already knew that there couldn't have been any progress with my app so they just sent the previous one with a couple of more call logs. The third one I ordered 10 days ago and haven't heard back yet. I hope it's a good sign. You know just like at least the officer is looking at the app and thinking to himself: "oh shoot! I really messed up this one!!" :D :D
Yes, I ordered GCMS and strangely also three times. The first was in Dec 2019, second was in April, and third was end July. Eligibility is passed by officer. Waiting for the rest. Just before the pandemic they requested to pay biometric fee for nonaccompanying spouse. But the request was confusing. I understood after receiving second gcms and been waiting since for the BIL.

What about you? What's holding back

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
Yes, I ordered GCMS and strangely also three times. The first was in Dec 2019, second was in April, and third was end July. Eligibility is passed by officer. Waiting for the rest. Just before the pandemic they requested to pay biometric fee for nonaccompanying spouse. But the request was confusing. I understood after receiving second gcms and been waiting since for the BIL.

What about you? What's holding back
so they got the money but didn't send you the BIL??

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Yes. In the latest GCMS, i saw they accepted my payment in June and updated GCMS but didn't mention anything about sending BIL.

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
Yes. In the latest GCMS, i saw they accepted my payment in June and updated GCMS but didn't mention anything about sending BIL.
It's amazing how every aspect of their work is malfunctioning!!
You must be quite frustrated. Hope everything gets resolved for you ASAP man!

Reactions: nns14

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Same situation , been 6 months since my AOR , paid for biometrics but never received a BIL, go figure , the funniest part is when asking them about it , they don't know either LMAO , Started other immigration processes with other countries as I can't keep up with this and I have my life to plan and progress as an individual as well.

Reactions: baarsaam

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
At which stage did your application get stuck? When did you pass eligibility?

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Eligibility passed on Oct 2019, security passed on Feb 2020, second medical passed on Feb 2020, stuck for a final review ever since.
Wow that's crazy. All they need to do is issue a PPR which really shouldn't take 8+ months

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
Wow that's crazy. All they need to do is issue a PPR which really shouldn't take 8+ months
Yeah! Imagine your eligibility was passed 12 months ago and no ppr still!! Ok so let's say 4-5 months for coronavirus, so still 8 months delay. I am the definition of helpless right now.
And the most desparate part is that no one can help me. There is no way you can make them decide on your case. Not even from a legal standpoint. They will just do it whenever they feel like it. So like I have to just obey whatever they desire. So hopeless.

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
What if I send a webform and request an urgent review of my application as it has been quite some time since my application is in review, would it help?

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Yeah! Imagine your eligibility was passed 12 months ago and no ppr still!! Ok so let's say 4-5 months for coronavirus, so still 8 months delay. I am the definition of helpless right now.
And the most desparate part is that no one can help me. There is no way you can make them decide on your case. Not even from a legal standpoint. They will just do it whenever they feel like it. So like I have to just obey whatever they desire. So hopeless.
It really makes no sense whatsoever. You'd think all the delay is due to waiting period due for each step of the application processing and once everything gets completed, your application gets approved automatically. Seems like there's no system in place or accountability of IRCC and they can just ignore applicants if so they choose even after process completion.

Are you inland or outland? If you're inland, maybe it can help to talk to your local MP to get some action done.