+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

Kiara02

Star Member
Jan 14, 2020
Hi All, I raised another webform inquiring about the eligibility and background check status. Received the following response. Is this response any better? Can eligibility be done before security background check? Also, how long does security check take for outland applicants?

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
  • The eligibility verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
From what I know, Security checks are initiated only after Eligibility is passed. They shouldn't take much longer unless there are any complications in your profile, in my case it took a week or so.

PriyaBadola

Jul 16, 2020
From what I know, Security checks are initiated only after Eligibility is passed. They shouldn't take much longer unless there are any complications in your profile, in my case it took a week or so.
Thanks a lot for your reply. I hope they initiate it soon.

Moslaris

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Guys, tracker shows two outland applicants, one from Egypt and one from Ireland have received their PPRs this week. What do you make of it?!

Reactions: d-pen

guruk

Dec 28, 2015
Hi,
I submitted my PR application under CEC category. Present status is all eligibilities passed and saying assessment is finalized.
1. what does it mean? Is my application is approved or not yet?
2. Also, I am Canadian resident and my wife is Indian resident. In this case, is CIC considers me as inland applicant and issue the PPR? I realised that most of the outland applicants are not receiving the PPRs since VFS offices are closed in India.

I would appreciate your response in this matter.

Thanks,

Ruthykay

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Hi,
I submitted my PR application under CEC category. Present status is all eligibilities passed and saying assessment is finalized.
1. what does it mean? Is my application is approved or not yet?
2. Also, I am Canadian resident and my wife is Indian resident. In this case, is CIC considers me as inland applicant and issue the PPR? I realised that most of the outland applicants are not receiving the PPRs since VFS offices are closed in India.

I would appreciate your response in this matter.

Thanks,
To my understanding Outland applicant

elvaxiaobai

Jul 27, 2019
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
20-11-2019
Med's Done....
16-11-2019
Guys, tracker shows two outland applicants, one from Egypt and one from Ireland have received their PPRs this week. What do you make of it?!
I'm curious to know their CoPR expiration date. IRCC issued PPR to them but they can't travel. Is it a trend that we shall expect?

guruk

Dec 28, 2015
To my understanding Outland applicant
Thanks for your response. I am the main applicant and in Canada. Still they consider us as outland applicant. Could you please let me know if CIC is issuing the PPRs for inland applicants?

Namta1828

May 5, 2020
Thanks for your response. I am the main applicant and in Canada. Still they consider us as outland applicant. Could you please let me know if CIC is issuing the PPRs for inland applicants?
I think legal falcon can solve your query in the best possible way.