AOR Received.
26-06-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2021
Med's Done....
18-11-2021
Passport Req..
07-01-2022
All Algerian applicants are still stuck waiting, there is over 60 applicants that got approved before March 18th and VFS is holding their passports according to Radio Canada who made a documentary about them last week.
@Tahhi got everything passed I think and he still waiting too.
What's your AOR date ?
Mine is August 14th. I got my PPR on Feb 28th but couldn't send my passport on time. Now I'm waiting for another PPR but I'm expecting remedicals and a lot of waiting.

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Hi to all, I have a question about my landing.
My question is that if someone(My relative) pick me up from the Toronto Pearson Airport with her private vehicle , then do authorities ask her to also go to quarantine for 14 days?
Hi there , yes you can I think , but keep in mind that during your landing process an officer will review all your quarantine plan including transportation to your accomodations so It depends on his assessment if it is deemed safe or not.
However please wear a mask an N95 if possible to protect yourself and your relative and take place on the back seat with no physical contact, good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: Amir1523

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Mine is August 14th. I got my PPR on Feb 28th but couldn't send my passport on time. Now I'm waiting for another PPR but I'm expecting remedicals and a lot of waiting.
Hope that they will not get you through all the medical hurdles and stuff , by the way you did well by not sending your passports , as they are holding approved people's passport for months now, according to the embassy in Algiers they are working on reopening as soon as possible.
Where are you planning to settle in Canada?

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
All Algerian applicants are still stuck waiting, there is over 60 applicants that got approved before March 18th and VFS is holding their passports according to Radio Canada who made a documentary about them last week.
@Tahhi got everything passed I think and he still waiting too.
What's your AOR date ?
Exactly. All approved waiting only the PPR.

PS : I am Algerian but living in Arabic Gulf.

Reactions: UniSaverH

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Exactly. All approved waiting only the PPR.

PS : I am Algerian but living in Arabic Gulf.
I thought you were in Algiers , I think there is a good news in the way , I saw this morning that they are planning to start a travel bubble between Canada USA UAE UK and another country, if you are in UAE this might be a good news for PPR.

Reactions: Tahhi

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
I thought you were in Algiers , I think there is a good news in the way , I saw this morning that they are planning to start a travel bubble between Canada USA UAE UK and another country, if you are in UAE this might be a good news for PPR.
Yes,I am originally from Algiers. but settled in Kuwait since few years.
We are crossing fingers for that good news.
Inshallah all the best for all of us !

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Do you mean you got your PPR yesterday?
Yes

Which of the VOs?
Edmonton

Which country did you apply from?
USA, not a citizen of US though
Congratulations.

Reactions: samramandy

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Guys, I'm an AOR 23 Sep 2019, FSW outland applicant still waiting for PPR. I just received my GCMS note and there is a reference to COPR which didn't exist in the earlier note I had ordered in February. Also, there is a "Finalize Applications" section in this new note which again didn't exist in my older note. Does that mean my file is ready for PPR?
Yes , it s on the way , it's tied to travel restrictions and borders opening thought, you will most likely receive your PPR when they lift travel restrictions and open borders.

Reactions: Tahhi

samramandy

Aug 10, 2020
Hi All,

I have a couple of questions if anyone can help me with, since we have only 30 days to send our passports:

1. Since we recently got the PPR, Aug 10, 2020, and both the spouses are in different countries, one in USA and the other in India, do you think we will have to send our passports to different locations? If yes,

2. Any idea whether the Canada Visa offices in India have opened yet or whether they are operational?

Best,
MS

Ruthykay

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Yes , it s on the way , it's tied to travel restrictions and borders opening thought, you will most likely receive your PPR when they lift travel restrictions and open borders.
Do u think travel restrictions will be lifted in September ??

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
Hi All,

I have a couple of questions if anyone can help me with, since we have only 30 days to send our passports:

1. Since we recently got the PPR, Aug 10, 2020, and both the spouses are in different countries, one in USA and the other in India, do you think we will have to send our passports to different locations? If yes,

2. Any idea whether the Canada Visa offices in India have opened yet or whether they are operational?

Best,
MS
You can check full list of VFS on this link : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-visa-application-centre.html

Rajputkaushal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-10-2019
Doc's Request.
30-01-2020
C
Hi All,

Best,
MS
Canada visa offices in india are closed till further notice . And about sending passport for visa , its better to call ircc or raise a webform about your situation. And please update after getting pr.
All the best

PriyaBadola

Jul 16, 2020
Hi!
I raised a webform recently and got the following response. I am a little confused and therefore seeking views on what to infer from this.

AOR: 8th Feb 2020
Medicals Passed: 20th Feb 2020
Biometrics Enrolled: 26th Feb 2020
Application Type: PNP (Ontario). Outland

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
In addition, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.
Hi All, I raised another webform inquiring about the eligibility and background check status. Received the following response. Is this response any better? Can eligibility be done before security background check? Also, how long does security check take for outland applicants?

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
  • The eligibility verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.