+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

Klaverveld

May 19, 2019
Netherlands
NOC Code......
In nu opinion: hearing nothing is not only because VAC's aren't open... VAC in the Netherlands are open for almost 2 months now... No news.
Have ordered gcms 2 weeks ago to find out if our file has been approved. But didn't receive them yet.
Last I know file is at Sydney NS

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
In nu opinion: hearing nothing is not only because VAC's aren't open... VAC in the Netherlands are open for almost 2 months now... No news.
Have ordered gcms 2 weeks ago to find out if our file has been approved. But didn't receive them yet.
Yes , sending PPRs is closely tied to Canadian borders reopening , that's what IRCC have been telling recently approved candidates and reopening is tied to a good control of the pandemic and an economic recovery at least with encouraging signs, so wait and see.

Reactions: Nimz10 and Tahhi

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
Yes , sending PPRs is closely tied to Canadian borders reopening , that's what IRCC have been telling recently approved candidates and reopening is tied to a good control of the pandemic and an economic recovery at least with encouraging signs, so wait and see.
It sounds logical what you said.
The only question I have is why did they do exceptions last week ( few PPR's were issued in Sydney last week)

Any idea ?

Reactions: UniSaverH

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
It sounds logical what you said.
The only question I have is why did they do exceptions last week ( few PPR's were issued in Sydney last week)

Any idea ?
Yes , few at the Sydney office but also US Outland residents, no idea really but maybe it is indicative of soon to be opened borders in a travel bubble ( between Canada Australia New Zealand and UK , all still under sovereignty of the Queen) and they may include the US , borders closing with the US are set to expire on August 21th.

But again I think someone from Pakistan got a PPR ? Not so sure about this I may be mistaken.

It may announce a coming travel bubble as we ve seen it in Europe when they started reopening , they did it in three phases first a travel bubble between select countries then they opened for all the Schengen area and finally for a few countries from around the world, we may have a pattern for Canada reopening model but nobody knows, just hope they open for everyone in September or October.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nimz10 and Tahhi

Ruthykay

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Just keep on waiting there nothing else we can do at this stage

SoniaK

Aug 7, 2020
This is what I see in my GCMS notes:

FINALIZE APPLICATION

DOCUMENT ISSUANCE
DOCUMENT ISSUANCE: 1
Created Date: 2020/03/09 08:41:25
Created By: D3909
Updated Date: 2020/03/13 10:39:50
Updated By: TM28382
UCI: ************
Client/Party: PA
Document #:***************
Document: COPR / CRP
Valid To: 2020/08/11
Serial #:
Name: ****************
DOB:****************
Print Queue: PQ-DOC-3296-5
Status Updated By: RC-2710
Status Updated Date: 2020/03/09 08:41:25
Via:
Via Details:
Assigned To: D3909
Assigned By: RC-2710 Due Date: 2020/03/09 Printed By:
Printed Date:
Confirmed By:
Confirmation Date:
Sent By:
Sent Date:

COPR

Created Date: 2020/03/09 08:41:25
Hi

I am an cec inland applicant, AOR : Feb 1, 2020. I received my GCMS, shwoing the application is approved and I have the same status as yours. I also raised a webform this week but got a generic reply that "your application is in progress and due to covid some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only". However GCMS showing that my application was approved on 18th June and no update on it after 03rd july when it was in print queue. After approval waiting of 2 months is really painful, Can you please tell us if you took any other step to follow up or get status update.

GCMS Notes :

Eligibility : Passed
Criminality : Passed
Medical : Passed
Info Sharing : Complete
Final : Approved

FINALIZE APPLICATION

DOCUMENT ISSUANCE
DOCUMENT ISSUANCE: 3
Created Date: 2020/06/18 09:44:25
Created By: JB01775
Updated Date: 2020/07/03 14:54:50
Updated By: B5541
UCI: ************
Client/Party: PA
Document #:***************
Document: COPR / CRP
Valid To: 2021/02/01
Serial #:
Name: ****************
DOB:****************
Print Queue: Vancouver CEN (3rd North)
Status Updated By: RC-9516

Ndera

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hi guys,

I recently send a webform to IRCC asking for the progress of my application and got the following response:

The background verifications are currently valid.
The security background verification is currently valid.
The criminal background verification is currently valid.

I realised they didn't mention about eligibility like I had asked and sent another webform and got the following response:

The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.

What does this mean? and just wondering what stage is my application based on the following responses. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Nimz10

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hi guys,

I recently send a webform to IRCC asking for the progress of my application and got the following response:

The background verifications are currently valid.
The security background verification is currently valid.
The criminal background verification is currently valid.

I realised they didn't mention about eligibility like I had asked and sent another webform and got the following response:

The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.

What does this mean? and just wondering what stage is my application based on the following responses. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
I also got the same reply. Does valid means I’m through? What’s the difference between valid, met, passed? I’m confused. All the best for your application