+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
I really don’t know , but am sure that borders will reopen in September hopefully we would get ppr by then , it’s stressful
I m a bit pessimistic about it , they allowed international students to complete the full autumn semester online from home , if they were planning to reopen by September I don't think they would put such a process in place.

Canada is taking the Covid pandemic very strictly they will not open as long as international travelers remain a risk for national health, I m going by November as my most optimistic prediction but looking at how they are handling the situation this can go to as far as January 2021, hope I m proven wrong.

Ruthykay

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
I m a bit pessimistic about it , they allowed international students to complete the full autumn semester online from home , if they were planning to reopen by September I don't think they would put such a process in place.

Canada is taking the Covid pandemic very strictly they will not open as long as international travelers remain a risk for national health, I m going by November as my most optimistic prediction but looking at how they are handling the situation this can go to as far as January 2021, hope I m proven wrong.
Your are right but if they find a vaccine or the curve keeps going downward there is a possibility that they open borders or they might even exempt people with copr and prv issued after March 18. What bothers even more is that lockdown measures are lifted in our home countries but vfs isn’t opening

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Your are right but if they find a vaccine or the curve keeps going downward there is a possibility that they open borders or they might even exempt people with copr and prv issued after March 18. What bothers even more is that lockdown measures are lifted in our home countries but vfs isn’t opening
It must be frustrating and tiring, hope that at least VFS open for most of us , it is more likely that they allow COPRs issued after March 18th thought.

Reactions: Tahhi

heemank

Aug 1, 2020
My husband medical had expired and they extend his medical
hi maam, if I may ask:
Q1. For the one year expiry of the medical, which date is used as the reference date? Is it the date of medical exam conducted OR is it the date shown in the system as medical passed date? Eg. Our medical exam date was 8th Aug 2019 and our application shows the status as medical passed on 18th Nov 2019, therefore I am confused which date to consider for 1 year expiry.
Q2. What was the process your husband followed to get the extension? Does the IRCC automatically sends an extension OR is there a specific webform for it? OR is there any other process?

Any response will be highly appreciated! Thank you.

Namta1828

May 5, 2020
Yeah , let keep on checking vfs travel advisory site for more information on reopening
I want to tell one thing if one wants to go by the end of this year, then he/she will have to push Canadian government on social media platform religiously. They will not reply but this will create positive pressure on them and show our willingness. If government thinks in different direction then they can set-up covid testing facilities at Airports too. Also they can schedule fewer flights to carry very specific no of passengers. The point is where there is a will, then there's always a way. I hope government takes smart steps and allow healthy Outlanders to enter in Canada.

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
hi maam, if I may ask:
Q1. For the one year expiry of the medical, which date is used as the reference date? Is it the date of medical exam conducted OR is it the date shown in the system as medical passed date? Eg. Our medical exam date was 8th Aug 2019 and our application shows the status as medical passed on 18th Nov 2019, therefore I am confused which date to consider for 1 year expiry.
Q2. What was the process your husband followed to get the extension? Does the IRCC automatically sends an extension OR is there a specific webform for it? OR is there any other process?

Any response will be highly appreciated! Thank you.
Starting Date for Calculating the 12 Month Validity Period of a Medical Certificate: the last medical assessment on file is the starting date for the 12 month validity of a medical certificate.
Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/assessing/validity-period-medical-certificate.html

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
Hi guys,
Need your help. I sent a webform to IRCC asking what stage my application was on, they gave me the following response:

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.
Furthermore, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
Just wondering, what does currently valid mean?
Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Welcome to the club!
Means you just have to wait PPR issuing

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
I want to tell one thing if one wants to go by the end of this year, then he/she will have to push Canadian government on social media platform religiously. They will not reply but this will create positive pressure on them and show our willingness. If government thinks in different direction then they can set-up covid testing facilities at Airports too. Also they can schedule fewer flights to carry very specific no of passengers. The point is where there is a will, then there's always a way. I hope government takes smart steps and allow healthy Outlanders to enter in Canada.
Its not about limited seated flights or testing or anything, there is for sure a safety concern but this is not the main motivation behind stopping PPRs issuing.
If it was purely a safety concern then they would not allow temporary workers and their families into Canada, nor COPRs issued before March 18.

From the last government statement on immigration I understood that they are currently stopping PPRs because the Canadian government currently can t provide all the new immigrants with the basic necessities needed to settle smoothly into the country, in my opinion they are waiting for :

1.The job market to gather momentum.
2. All the social and economic institutions to function at full capacity.
3. The health system and facilities get back to normal situation.

All those three factors are currently in a different shape from a province to another, but think about it Canadian government won't let new people in when they know that people will not find a job , get access to basic services, can't get treatment when ill because the health system is saturated, this will hurt Canada reputation as an immigration country and they could lose those immigrants who would chose to relocate elsewhere because they can't get basic necessities.

I think that once Canada can guarantee all of the above to new immigrants then they will allow us in, this is tied to the pandemic ending and economy recovering.

Ruthykay

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Its not about limited seated flights or testing or anything, there is for sure a safety concern but this is not the main motivation behind stopping PPRs issuing.
If it was purely a safety concern then they would not allow temporary workers and their families into Canada, nor COPRs issued before March 18.

From the last government statement on immigration I understood that they are currently stopping PPRs because the Canadian government currently can t provide all the new immigrants with the basic necessities needed to settle smoothly into the country, in my opinion they are waiting for :

All those three factors are currently in a different shape from a province to another, but think about it Canadian government won't let new people in when they know that people will not find a job , get access to basic services, can't get treatment when ill because the health system is saturated, this will hurt Canada reputation as an immigration country and they could lose those immigrants who would chose to relocate elsewhere because they can't get basic necessities.

I think that once Canada can guarantee all of the above to new immigrants then they will allow us in, this is tied to the pandemic ending and economy recovering.
Reasonable

Namta1828

May 5, 2020

I too think these practical reasons but think of spouses and children who are staying away from their loved ones and that to at high risk in their respective countries. If country can allow students to come, then they can allow others too. My dear friend I'm business person too, I know how economy runs. No one knows when will this pandemic end and there's no definite answer to it. This is also hurting to Aerospace industry. If there are no flights, then there are no jobs in Airlines for people. This has further increased job crises. In crux, opening in phase manner with baby steps will not hurt canada's image.