Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
I email IRCC and ask the status of my application. They replied and told me that my application is still in process. Maybe because VSF in our country is still close. I'm already in Canada but my family is still in my home country.
Same case for all of us !

kayvee29

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hi.
PNP-Outland, AOR September 5 here. I've just noticed a weird thing in my profile. My medical exam was passed on November 19, 2019 and that's what it said in my profile till now. Now it says:
Latest update:
Review of medical results - June 9, 2020:You passed the medical exam.
Does anybody have any idea what this means?
This is a common practice. Do not worry. Everything is normal. You will receive your PPR. Your validity of COPR will be June 8, 2021. That means you need to land before June 8, 2021.

Reactions: sunkilmoon

kayvee29

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hey there, still no PPR after 3 months. (Decision made-Approved based on GCMS notes, COPR and visa number issued in the notes). My whole application (spousal outland, processed at CPC-M) took only 3 months (December 12, 2019 - March 12, 2020).
I tried asking the VFS global thru their official FB page.They told me that the opening of VAC offices in different countries and cities will depend on the embassy in that area.

I answered the survey, unfortunately it can only be accessed once so I couldn't send samples. Also, it is indicated that the responses won't affect the application. It's just a plain survey.

For those who can't still access their ECAS account. Log in here https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en
Provide your info:
1. Application Number /Receipt number etc. (Whatever info you have from the choices)
3. Surname (sponsor)
4. Birth date (sponsor)
5. Place of birth (sponsor)
*Principal applicant's info can also be used but it won't show the details of the sponsor. If sponsor's info will be used, both sponsor and PA's info will be displayed.

Regarding the GCMS notes, it is cheaper to request directly from the official website than using 3rd party services. Outland or inland applicants can request for it. For outlands, you can authorize your sponsor (or anyone you know who is in Canada) to request on your behalf.
I am sure of this because I requested 3x. I received each request after 30 days.
Hi, Can you please help me to check our status with the above details. I tried with 1, 3, 4, and 5. It is not working for me. It says the information is not correct.

Reactions: Namta1828

JenNguyen

Dec 30, 2019
Maybe they consider extend your medical result because of covid-19. I heard that IRCC will be more flexible now

Hi.
PNP-Outland, AOR September 5 here. I've just noticed a weird thing in my profile. My medical exam was passed on November 19, 2019 and that's what it said in my profile till now. Now it says:
Latest update:
Review of medical results - June 9, 2020:You passed the medical exam.
Does anybody have any idea what this means?

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Hi guys
jumping right into it. so here is my predicament, my timer clocked out in march, I hadn't received a word from IRCC since September 2019, ordered first GCMS in Jan and apparently my application was put on review required, which was reviewed in October 2019 and pushed for final decision. Since then nothing but silence, Tried emailing a few times but generic reply and none from New Delhi office as is expected.
Then a few days ago I ordered another GCMS notes. Thought might as well since these guys aren't really giving any clear info. On 2nd June I get an email stating that my application is under process and it is taking longer than usual, in the mean time my application page says, background check in progress. That's good I thought since that was the first change I saw in months. Again expected.
Then a few days ago I got that Survey thing. How has COVID effected you and all. some of you might have seen it too. Now here is when it gets interesting. Got my GCMS notes today. All Passed and final decision approved 14th April 2020, and i am like WHAT THE F! it clearly states COPR initiated on 14th of April 2020, I didn't receive any email from them, or any communication apart from "your application is in progress"and the survey. The GCMS note states the officer approved it and COPR was initiated but IRCC agents keep giving me the usual run around.
Now should I email them again, asking them what is going on. Also, is anyone else in the same boat, could it be that since we were and in a lock down IRCC is like lets wait and see.
I am not sure what to make of it. I am happy that its been approved but without the "Golden email" I still feel I am in a limbo. Should I email them and let them know what my GCMS notes say, or would that be a bit too bold.
Thought's anyone.

JenNguyen

Dec 30, 2019
Hi guys
jumping right into it. so here is my predicament, my timer clocked out in march, I hadn't received a word from IRCC since September 2019, ordered first GCMS in Jan and apparently my application was put on review required, which was reviewed in October 2019 and pushed for final decision. Since then nothing but silence, Tried emailing a few times but generic reply and none from New Delhi office as is expected.
Then a few days ago I ordered another GCMS notes. Thought might as well since these guys aren't really giving any clear info. On 2nd June I get an email stating that my application is under process and it is taking longer than usual, in the mean time my application page says, background check in progress. That's good I thought since that was the first change I saw in months. Again expected.
Then a few days ago I got that Survey thing. How has COVID effected you and all. some of you might have seen it too. Now here is when it gets interesting. Got my GCMS notes today. All Passed and final decision approved 14th April 2020, and i am like WHAT THE F! it clearly states COPR initiated on 14th of April 2020, I didn't receive any email from them, or any communication apart from "your application is in progress"and the survey. The GCMS note states the officer approved it and COPR was initiated but IRCC agents keep giving me the usual run around.
Now should I email them again, asking them what is going on. Also, is anyone else in the same boat, could it be that since we were and in a lock down IRCC is like lets wait and see.
I am not sure what to make of it. I am happy that its been approved but without the "Golden email" I still feel I am in a limbo. Should I email them and let them know what my GCMS notes say, or would that be a bit too bold.
Thought's anyone.
Same here. My application was approved in March and my account still in progress. Ask Ircc in many way, no answer. I call them and talk to the agent, can’t answer.

amanbagga8686

May 16, 2020
Hi guys
Thought's anyone.
Congrats for the approval... i hope mine too... My file is 100% complete since 10th June and nothing heard anything from the IRCC yet.. i have ordered GCMS notes on 14 June, PPR awaited, lets hope for the best.. my AOR 10 Dec 2019

Last edited:

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hi guys
Thought's anyone.
Well first of all congratulations, you atleast got the info that all is well and done. Its a matter of time that you receive the golden mail because, just like you, there are many sailing the same boat, awaiting clarity and some respite in the form of any update. Are you an outland application? From all the posts read, IRCC is processing all applications within the workforce in place, its just the response to the applicant that is not as what used to be. In this time inland applicants benefited the most by direct CoPR, which I see as positive, as it’s indicative that they change their way of finalising applications.

You could probably raise a webform asking specifically if the application has been approved, and lets await their response.
Stay positive friend.

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
Hi guys
Thought's anyone.
The same here. they told me all is approved(Criminality, Eligibility & Security) since May 8th. But since that time waiting...
I called, email them but nobody could really advise further. I clearly understood nobody can tel because nobody can predict COVID progress.

I am optimistic things willl be sorted out after few weeks, but until that time I am trying to focus on other things to avoid stressing myself.

Good luck and all the best for all of us.

Reactions: Pofsally

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Found this on their website

Approved permanent residence applications (COPR and PRV)
Permanent residence applicants who are in possession of a COPR and PRV and inform us, by submitting a Web form to IRCC, that they are unable to travel within the validity of their documentation should be processed as follows:

• Valid COPR and PRV: In an effort to reduce the number of cancelled COPRs and PRVs, a note should be placed in the file explaining that the applicant is unable to travel, and the file should be brought forward to the expiration date of the COPR and PRV. If the applicant informs IRCC that they can travel prior to the COPR and PRV expiration, they are encouraged to use their existing COPR and PRV to land.
  • Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the Web form that they are unable or unwilling to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they are unable or unwilling to travel prior to expiration, officers are to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for review in 90 days. These files can be identified by their disposition in the GCMS and the org ID O263567290956.
Re-opened applications
Approved applications where the principal applicant has not already become a permanent resident can be re-opened in GCMS by cancelling the COPR and PRV and removing the final decision.

When to review a re-opened application
Once the applicant informs IRCC via the Web form that they are able to travel, a re-opened application may be re-approved provided that the applicant and their family members, whether accompanying or not, have valid immigration medical examinations, criminal and security checks and passports.

If the 60-day waiting period elapses and the applicant has not informed us that they are able to travel, a note should be placed in the application, and it should be brought forward for review for an additional 60 days.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#approved_permanent_residence

Does this mean that all those whose file has been approved will be reopened and re examined, and would we need new medicals!
If this is the case what's the bloody point of processing applications!

kayvee29

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hi guys
Thought's anyone.
Hi.. Its simple. Your application is approved. Due to COVID-19, they are not sending a golden email to anyone.
Reason-->
(1)When they send a golden email, you have 30 days to submit the passport for one-time visa stamping and COPR, and this has to be submitted in the designated visa office in your country which is currently closed as per my knowledge.
(2) When you receive COPR you are eligible to land in Canada(Now Canada has not opened it).
So, my assumption is that, when Canada takes the decision for entry of new PR holders, we will all get the golden email.

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Hi.. Its simple. Your application is approved. Due to COVID-19, they are not sending a golden email to anyone.
Reason-->
(1)When they send a golden email, you have 30 days to submit the passport for one-time visa stamping and COPR, and this has to be submitted in the designated visa office in your country which is currently closed as per my knowledge.
(2) When you receive COPR you are eligible to land in Canada(Now Canada has not opened it).
So, my assumption is that, when Canada takes the decision for entry of new PR holders, we will all get the golden email.
Well that sounds perfectly reasonable, but here is what I am wondering, Why haven't they come out and said it outright? This is all based on logical assumptions, which i agree with you, but they are not IRCC's stance which kind of keeps the uncertainty in play. Wouldn't it make sense to just have a clear statement rather than the vague plans that seem to have been adopted. For example, if you were to contact them via web form, the reply will be confusing and abrupt, you will perhaps walk away more confused than ever. In my case I have spoken to them at least 3 times since april, which according to my GCSM notes is when my file was approved. Now they could have told me that, or that my checks had been passed, or that in light of the current situation there is a hold up in process, but they didn't they just said you application is in progress.
This could be handled better, is all I am saying. especially since we all understand the effects of the situation. Had I not ordered the notes I would still be wondering what's going on.

Reactions: Yemjim

vinay2222

Dec 28, 2019
Cincinnati
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
12-01-2020
Med's Request
20-11-2021
Med's Done....
25-11-2021
We got AOR on jan 11th. Medicals passed and RPRF fee request Feb 27. We ordered GCMS notes in May and everything was good except background check which was not started. Background check was initiated sometime June first week (background checked changed to processing) and my wife received FBI PCC request on June 15th which we submmited on June 22nd. Today we received a survey on how IRCC is doing. No status update in our profile. Not planning on moving soon but a positive decision would make me feel good.

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
We got AOR on jan 11th. Medicals passed and RPRF fee request Feb 27. We ordered GCMS notes in May and everything was good except background check which was not started. Background check was initiated sometime June first week (background checked changed to processing) and my wife received FBI PCC request on June 15th which we submmited on June 22nd. Today we received a survey on how IRCC is doing. No status update in our profile. Not planning on moving soon but a positive decision would make me feel good.
Most people with an on going application got the survey. It has nothing to do with your application progress.