+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

soods

Jun 23, 2018
I got a phone call today from a blocked number. When I answered the caller identify himself and that he is calling from Ircc. I said okay. He told the reason he is calling and that because people cant come to their office so the call is to formalize my landing. He proceeded to ask a few question:
1. Have been convicted anywhere in the world
2. Have been denied entry by border agents
3. If my kids and wife are currently in my address in vancouver
4. If one of my kids who is a US citizen is living with me in Canada
5. My last entry date
6. The date of birth of my kids and my spouse
I answered the question as honestly as I can. He then said I have become a PR and that email will be sent to me from now on till Monday and the email will give instructions about other details. He said if I am not sure i should call call center agent to verify. The conversation ended and he said congratulations for being a PR.
This sounds a little strange that IRCC is calling and making such inquiries. If I were you then I would be more careful.

tomdele

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Great.. If i can ask, when did you get your ppr? And what about passport and copr? Was any step skipped?
No ppr. No passport to be sent. Was told email will be sent for information about passport fotos and other info so that the pr card will be mailed to me

tomdele

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
It may sound strange to you but when someone mention some details about your application and details about your dependants and where they are born and your address on file including all the emails then you know they have your file in front of them. Lastly he said if I am not sure he said i can call Call Center to double check.

Reactions: splummer

capriram

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
Just for info, I received the GCMS notes today and I saw that our application was approved and RFV by March-13th.. So it seems that they are not sending PPRs since then, unless we missed the email :)...
Hi! Could anyone who has received Decision Made via Webform / GCMS please tell me if your Background Check status changed since AOR?
I’ve received 2 GUs - Once ADR changed to Not Applicable and second time nothing changed. Background check has been “We are processing your......” since AOR..
I’m wondering if it has started at all...

Reactions: jsidhu1

jsidhu1

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Hi! Could anyone who has received Decision Made via Webform / GCMS please tell me if your Background Check status changed since AOR?
I’ve received 2 GUs - Once ADR changed to Not Applicable and second time nothing changed. Background check has been “We are processing your......” since AOR..
I’m wondering if it has started at all...
My Aor july 2019
2 GUs
March 3 2020 medical extended and Additional documents changed to Not applicable.
March 10 another GU. But Backgroung still same as yours.
May 20, 2020 I get CopR messge in my cic accound and application changes to approved( for inland applicants).

No PPR. No email for COPR. Just a messege for Copr.
After May 10,2020. My profile changed to this....
Review of eligibility
  • March 10, 2020 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below. (2nd GU)
Review of medical results
  • March 4, 2020 You passed the medical exam. (1st GU)
Review of additional documents
  • Not applicable.

Background check
  • September 20, 2019 Your background check was completed.
Final decision
May 20, 2020 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details
Hope that help.

capriram

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
My Aor july 2019
2 GUs
March 3 2020 medical extended and Additional documents changed to Not applicable.
March 10 another GU. But Backgroung still same as yours.
May 20, 2020 I get CopR messge in my cic accound and application changes to approved( for inland applicants).

No PPR. No email for COPR. Just a messege for Copr.
After May 10,2020. My profile changed to this....
Review of eligibility
  • March 10, 2020 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below. (2nd GU)
Review of medical results
  • March 4, 2020 You passed the medical exam. (1st GU)
Review of additional documents
  • Not applicable.

Background check
  • September 20, 2019 Your background check was completed.
Final decision
May 20, 2020 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details
Hope that help.
Firstly, congratulations on your PR! And secondly, thank you for such a detailed reply! :) And wow, looks like your Security was completed way before!

So in my case Eligibility is Recommended Pass, Criminality is Valid and Security was Not initiated. This status was when i called IRCC a month ago. The 2 GUs are post that on 21 & 22 May! I’m an outland applicant.
So, I guess I’ll just wait now

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I got a response to my webform. I am at 100% in the process.

"We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed."

I was hoping they would tell me that they have made a decision :(
gcms notes can provide more info, you can see sample notes at sample.gcmsnotes.com

Mar 2, 2020
Hi everyone
I called IRCC two weeks ago and they told me everything in my file is finished and no process is remaining they told me the officer should be contacting me soon. Then I emailed Ottawa officr and they replied that my application is in queue for review by an officer. It's been over a week now and no contacts regarding ppr. What should we do in this situation? Everything is just hanging in the air.
have you received you DM or PPR? An agent also told me that everything is done and waiting for the final review. I am wondering how long that will take.

Oliverk

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
I am an FSW-Inland applicant. AOR date was on 26th AUG 2019, Medical passed on 12th September 2019 and COPR on 20th May 2020. There were no updates on my file and directly a COPR was issued.
did you just get back your passport and copr?

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
They found a solution for inland applicants which is direct COPR. I wonder if any plans for outland applicants.

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
have you received you DM or PPR? An agent also told me that everything is done and waiting for the final review. I am wondering how long that will take.
I'm exactly in the same boat as you are. Yesterday I couldn't wait anymore so I emailed ottawa office and let told them this is not acceptable cause in your website you declare that processes for pr are done as usual, then how come my aoolication has been waiting for a final review for over two monthss!! Also told them if this is their policy to put everything on hold for outland applicants they should clearly let us know so that we can get on with our lives and change our plans accordingly!!! This really is not acceptable! Its not like we have nothing better to do and just wait for them and put a pin in all our plans!!