+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR - but passport expiring

Kiwi1234

Nov 2, 2011
Hey guys... got my PPR today. Good stuff. I have 60 days to email the key passport pages (I don't need to send originals because NZ is visa exempt).
I have a question though - My New Zealand passport expires in August. Do I need to renew this before I respond to PPR?
Also what is the process after I send these documents?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Kiwi1234 said:
Hey guys... got my PPR today. Good stuff. I have 60 days to email the key passport pages (I don't need to send originals because NZ is visa exempt).
I have a question though - My New Zealand passport expires in August. Do I need to renew this before I respond to PPR?
Also what is the process after I send these documents?
No, but your COPR will only be valid for "landing" until the date your passport expires. Your choice. You send copies of your passport, 3/4 weeks later you get the COPR in the mail.

Kiwi1234

Nov 2, 2011
So in theory... do I have plenty of time to do the following
*I reply straight away with the documents (tonight)
*They send me COPR within say 2 months? (being conservative)
*I go to the border in April (I live in Vancouver, it's easy) to land
*I become a permanent resident, and my PR card starts happening automatically (I just have to provide an address online). Is this process linked to my passport anymore?

All of that by August should be easy right?

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kiwi1234 said:
So in theory... do I have plenty of time to do the following
*I reply straight away with the documents (tonight)
*They send me COPR within say 2 months? (being conservative)
*I go to the border in April (I live in Vancouver, it's easy) to land
*I become a permanent resident, and my PR card starts happening automatically (I just have to provide an address online). Is this process linked to my passport anymore?

All of that by August should be easy right?
Should be. They will probably sent you a note to make sure you can land before your passport expires! You will be fine!