+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Power of attorney to transfer property in India

delphine

May 29, 2014
Hi,
My daughter is a PR - Canada. Her father died a few years back. There is a property in his name. My daughter, my son and myself are legal heirs. Now we want to sell the property and she is no position to come to India as she is a PhD Student, Cant afford the trip. We want to give the power of attorney to my son at Bangalore. I am currently at Canada with a super mom visa. Thank you.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
delphine said:
Thank you. How do we get the POA done here at Canada? Please guide.
it will be costly there, what I suggest get POA draft from india (if you have any contact) and than print there take your and your doughter sign and get it notarized there (gold seal) it will cost you @ 50-60$

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
delphine said:
Hi,
My daughter is a PR - Canada. Her father died a few years back. There is a property in his name. My daughter, my son and myself are legal heirs. Now we want to sell the property and she is no position to come to India as she is a PhD Student, Cant afford the trip. We want to give the power of attorney to my son at Bangalore. I am currently at Canada with a super mom visa. Thank you.
Your daughter will have to give a "Special POA" mentioning the details of the property and power to sell to your son. POA's are required to be notarized by a public notary but in your case you are looking to get a POA to sell immovable property. The land registering authority may ask you to get a endorsement on POA from Indian Consulate in Canada. Once the POA is notarized, your daughter will have to visit Indian Consulate along with her Passport to get the endorsement.
POA's are of 2 types, special and general. General is to deal with all sort of issues, special is in regard to one issue.