Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-04-2016
Med's Done....
14-04-2016
Passport Req..
09-11-2016
I sent my employer reference to NCOs-noc-cnp-gd@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca for NOC confirmation they came back with 1112 but I submitted my NOC as 1111 in my application. Do I to submit another employer reference letter through CSE or can I assume the two are close enough? I am 2 months post AOR and plan to order another GCMS note this week.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Zimex said:
I sent my employer reference to NCOs-noc-cnp-gd@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca for NOC confirmation they came back with 1112 but I submitted my NOC as 1111 in my application. Do I to submit another employer reference letter through CSE or can I assume the two are close enough? I am 2 months post AOR and plan to order another GCMS note this week.
I'd say be safe and send an updated one ASAP

Reactions: Adanac11

kakmam1

Feb 14, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
02-06-2016 (Schedule A) Provided on 07-02-2016
Nomination.....
02-02-2016 (SINP)
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
IELTS Request
Already submitted with post ITA application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Zimex said:
Have you got nomination from any PNP ?

kakmam1

Feb 14, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
02-06-2016 (Schedule A) Provided on 07-02-2016
Nomination.....
02-02-2016 (SINP)
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
I have also faced same scenario. Please see reply from Raj
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thank-you-asivad-anac-t309073.0.html;msg5255714#msg5255714

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
If you are sure your ref. letter covers 70% of the selected NOC's duties, then no need to do anything (in my opinion). The other advised NOC might be also good and even better, but this would not be a big issue.

Zimex

Apr 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-04-2016
Med's Done....
14-04-2016
Passport Req..
09-11-2016
kakmam1 said:
Have you got nomination from any PNP ?
No PNP. I'm FSWO

Zimex

Apr 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-04-2016
Med's Done....
14-04-2016
Passport Req..
09-11-2016
valsanail said:
If you are sure your ref. letter covers 70% of the selected NOC's duties, then no need to do anything (in my opinion). The other advised NOC might be also good and even better, but this would not be a big issue.
Thanks. I feel I'm more 1111 than any other NOC but I'm not quite sure about the 70% being clear cut from the letter. I wish I knew about this before I submitted I could have rephrased a bit more appropriately.

farmore

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-11-2015
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Med's Done....
12-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2016
LANDED..........
18-06-2016
Zimex said:
You don't have any reason to worry. So far you have the qualification and similar responsibilities to the NOC code you submitted, you are good. I have similar situation even before I submitted my application but I believed the NOC code I claim is more appropriate than the one supplied by HRSDC. In the email they sent you, there is a clause that the individual have better understanding of their job requirements and duties. I submitted my NOC code like that, now I have my CoPR and I will be landing very soon.

Zimex

Apr 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-04-2016
Med's Done....
14-04-2016
Passport Req..
09-11-2016
farmore said:
You don't have any reason to worry. So far you have the qualification and similar responsibilities to the NOC code you submitted, you are good. I have similar situation even before I submitted my application but I believed the NOC code I claim is more appropriate than the one supplied by HRSDC. In the email they sent you, there is a clause that the individual have better understanding of their job requirements and duties. I submitted my NOC code like that, now I have my CoPR and I will be landing very soon.
Thanks, I feel a lot better reading this

mikek27

Oct 15, 2014
farmore said:

" In the email they sent you, there is a clause that the individual have better understanding of their job requirements and duties "

Email from who ?

I chose NOC 2175 for OINP and for EE.
However, for one of my jobs, which is the most important job to get points for, the reference letter only specified one duty " Michael's primary responsibility were to design and develop XXX's flagship product. THe product is a web application built using Microsoft tech...etc blablblablblabla " ......................It doesn't really say the word "web" much but it's definitely a web developer role because the app itself is a web app operated using web browser and my other jobs have only been as web developers.

Do you think this will be a problem

farmore

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-11-2015
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Med's Done....
12-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2016
LANDED..........
18-06-2016
mikek27 said:
" In the email they sent you, there is a clause that the individual have better understanding of their job requirements and duties "

Email from who ?

I chose NOC 2175 for OINP and for EE.
However, for one of my jobs, which is the most important job to get points for, the reference letter only specified one duty " Michael's primary responsibility were to design and develop XXX's flagship product. THe product is a web application built using Microsoft tech...etc blablblablblabla " ......................It doesn't really say the word "web" much but it's definitely a web developer role because the app itself is a web app operated using web browser and my other jobs have only been as web developers.

Do you think this will be a problem
I'm very sure you are good. Like I said earlier, In as much as the NOC code you applied with matches your job responsibilities and educational qualification, you have no cause to fear.

The Email I'm referring to is from HRSDC. They are the one that categorize jobs into NOC codes. And this is the clause I'm talking about from the email they sent to me

"In addition, please note that the final decision for selecting the most appropriate National Occupational Classification (NOC) code is each individual's responsibility as you know your education, skills and abilities better than anyone else. However, the ultimate decision remains the responsibility of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) as they are the only ones who have the authority to determine if the information provided meets their criteria.

Our role is only to provide guidance.

Thank you".

mikek27

Oct 15, 2014
farmore said:
I'm very sure you are good. Like I said earlier, In as much as the NOC code you applied with matches your job responsibilities and educational qualification, you have no cause to fear.

The Email I'm referring to is from HRSDC. They are the one that categorize jobs into NOC codes. And this is the clause I'm talking about from the email they sent to me

"In addition, please note that the final decision for selecting the most appropriate National Occupational Classification (NOC) code is each individual's responsibility as you know your education, skills and abilities better than anyone else. However, the ultimate decision remains the responsibility of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) as they are the only ones who have the authority to determine if the information provided meets their criteria.

Thank you".
Yeah I hope so. It's just that particular letter only has 1 responsibility stated , the rest of the paragraphs contained salary and duration info. I just hope 1 responsibility is enough....

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
farmore said:

Thank you".
All you say is true, except the part where job duties must match the Noc responsibilities and qualification . For immigration purposes there is no requirement for job to be relevant to education.

farmore

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-11-2015
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Med's Done....
12-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2016
LANDED..........
18-06-2016
valsanail said:
All you say is true, except the part where job duties must match the Noc responsibilities and qualification . For immigration purposes there is no requirement for job to be relevant to education.
I know it's not mandatory for job to be relevant to education. I mentioned that point for his situation

Zimex

Apr 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-04-2016
Med's Done....
14-04-2016
Passport Req..
09-11-2016
I modified my duties and resent for testing but they still returned with 1112. Even my husband thinks I should have submitted 1112 as my employer reference letter barely matched 1111. Truth is I didn't really focus on this at the time of submitting my application as my qualifications perfectly matched 1111. Also, the leading statements of 1112 seemed off, though some of the duties matched.

Right now, I am really worried and I'm thinking about sending a letter of explanation through CSE admitting that I made a mistake in my chosen NOC and ask them to consider me as 1112. What do you think?