+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Pedro007

Dec 30, 2018
Dear after youconplete your medical test, you can apply for work permit ,my advice to apply it via online , and you will get it within 3 weeks .. but if you applied bymail you will get it from 2-3 months... validy of work permit 2 years , after you get it , then you go to canada service to get the sin card ..after that you can work
Hi, Is it true there has been a little change in the refugee claimant work permit application? When i went to file my refugee claim at an IRCC inland office, the officer told me that I do not have to make a work permit application because since I checked the box on work permit application on my Schedule 12 form, the work permit will be mailed to me once i complete my medical exams. Is this true and has anyone experienced this?

sherryl89

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Hello, it's been a while though, while on my fact finding mission I heard they are gonna start Hearing by telephone.... Who else heard about this.. @canuck78 @live&love @SAMER MAHER.... How true is this, he told me Ur evidences must have been submitted and when they call u on the specified date, they marry Ur words with Ur boc and Ur evidences and Ur response to questions..... It's still weird to me though but I need clarity

Onetv1

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Hey everyone, I am 19 years old from Turkey and I would love to ask you some questions. I did my refugee claim on March 27, after 4 months I got hearing date for July 31, 2 months later it was postponed to an unspecified date which I still have not received. I’ve been waiting for my hearing date since then but receiving no new information about it. Is there anything I can do or anyone I can ask to check my current status?
Thanks
Hi Rozalinda, Merhabalar! I did my refugee claim on March 8, 2018. I got hearing date for July 10, 2018 which is not happened and it was postponed to an unspecified date. On November 5, I've received a letter stating that my claim has been selected as Expedited processing granting my claim without hearing. Your country is also eligible for expedited processing. I am wondering why you have not received your expedited letter yet.

Last edited:

Um Zainab

May 4, 2018
Hi Rozalinda, Merhabalar! I did my refugee claim on March 8, 2017. I got hearing date for July 10, 2017 which is not happened and it was postponed to an unspecified date. On November 5, I've received a letter stating that my claim has been selected as Expedited processing granting my claim without hearing. Your country is also eligible for expedited processing. I am wondering why you have not received your expedited letter yet.
Hi, did you get the expedited form on 2017 or 2018?

sherryl89

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Hello guys I now see that someone from a country that is not Expedited are getting notice of Decision. I saw it with my own eyes.

Lovely-Canada

Star Member
Jun 17, 2018
I get the refugee claimant document on April 2017 in Toronto , from Yemen , with 3 minor kids separated from their dad for almost 2 years and stil don’t have a day for hearing .very stressful situation.
oh so sad,
Wish you good luck and pray for your fast hearing and acceptance.

Um Zainab

May 4, 2018
oh so sad,
Wish you good luck and pray for your fast hearing and acceptance.
Thank you. I am still waiting. A lot of pain on me and my family .l can’t sleep , l also got a health issu that not covered by the government , the kids keep asking about their dad.i don’t know what to do.

Lovely-Canada

Star Member
Jun 17, 2018
Thank you. I am still waiting. A lot of pain on me and my family .l can’t sleep , l also got a health issu that not covered by the government , the kids keep asking about their dad.i don’t know what to do.
i guess you should contact to your lawyer if you have any or you should call to IRB and update ask your update by giving your reference number.
secondly, all major health issues are covered by refugee insurance provided by fedral.

dont just sit and wait as your timeline is over 2 year.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i guess you should contact to your lawyer if you have any or you should call to IRB and update ask your update by giving your reference number.
secondly, all major health issues are covered by refugee insurance provided by fedral.

her case is still in an average processing time if she applied in April 2017. Legal aid lawyers are only paid for something like 8 hours for a case so they will likely tell her to wait until they hear something.

Um Zainab

May 4, 2018

I called the IRB last month they said I have to wait .I always do my best to ask about my case and they respond to me by mail and every time they said I have to wait.
I got a frozen shoulder that need a physiotherapy treatment , I called some physiotherapy clinic , all of them don’t accept refugees. And it is so expensive.
Do any one know a physiotherapy clinic that accept refugee insurance in Toronto?