+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Majidksa2013

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Montreal Quebec.

I know people who came after me already had hearinhs and got decisions as well, i dnt understand where is FIFO method.
Yeah I know a lot of people too they came after me and got hearing date .
It’s about luck just pray and wait

Where are you from ?

Maher94m

Dec 25, 2018
Hi everybody!

My name is Maher,

I recently recieved a mail stating that my claim could be processed under the Expedited processing of refugee claims.

In the mail, they only asked me if i have anything that i wish to provide to support my claim! But they were not specific!

And in fact,I don't have anything to provide.

Should I expect any further mail asking me particular questions if I just informed them that I don't have any additional documents? Or should I just get paranoid and start looking for anything to provide them with?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everybody!

My name is Maher,

I recently recieved a mail stating that my claim could be processed under the Expedited processing of refugee claims.

In the mail, they only asked me if i have anything that i wish to provide to support my claim! But they were not specific!

Should I expect any further mail asking me particular questions if I just informed them that I don't have any additional documents? Or should I just get paranoid and start looking for anything to provide them with?
You should be speaking with your lawyer.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi everybody!

My name is Maher,

No, if they need anything specific they would mention it in the expedite letter. So no problem if you do not have anything extra to provide. Just send them the signed form on time.
Btw, I know bunch of guys that did not hear anything yet 10 months after receiving the expedite letter.
Is it normal? Any expedited person here that received the decision recently?

Rozalinda

Dec 30, 2018
Hey everyone, I am 19 years old from Turkey and I would love to ask you some questions. I did my refugee claim on March 27, after 4 months I got hearing date for July 31, 2 months later it was postponed to an unspecified date which I still have not received. I’ve been waiting for my hearing date since then but receiving no new information about it. Is there anything I can do or anyone I can ask to check my current status?
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey everyone, I am 19 years old from Turkey and I would love to ask you some questions. I did my refugee claim on March 27, after 4 months I got hearing date for July 31, 2 months later it was postponed to an unspecified date which I still have not received. I’ve been waiting for my hearing date since then but receiving no new information about it. Is there anything I can do or anyone I can ask to check my current status?
Thanks
Your original hearing was never going to happen it was just needed to be scheduled to follow a law. Waiting times seem to be between 1-2 years. You are still under the normal processing time.

John Tom

Oct 2, 2018
Hello
If anybody knows, please help with information. I want to apply an urgent RTD that’s issued the next day, is that possible? If yes how do I go about it