+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postpone Citizenship exam ?

deepak26v

Jul 14, 2015
Hi All,
I got an invite to appear for the Citizenship test on Nov-23-2019. My application submission date was Nov 2018. I am travelling to India for 30 days on Dec 28th. I am thinking would I be able get all the following done before my travel date:

1. Result of exam
2. Oath ceremony
3. New Canadian Passport
4. Visa for India

If not, then I have 3 options in mind:

Option 1: Delay the exam to Jan 2020 end, thats when I come back. However, some friends have said that wait times increase before they issue you a fresh exam date

Option 2: Take the test but delay the Oath ceremony. I can ask CiC to schedule it after I return.

Options3: Take test, take Oauth ceremony, get Canadian passport, travel to India and get Visa on arrival for 30 days in India (Delhi). Looks very difficult and not sure if this is possible or not.

I am in favour of Option #2 but I would request forum members to kindly advise.

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Hi All,
I got an invite to appear for the Citizenship test on Nov-23-2019. My application submission date was Nov 2018. I am travelling to India for 30 days on Dec 28th. I am thinking would I be able get all the following done before my travel date:

1. Result of exam
2. Oath ceremony
3. New Canadian Passport
4. Visa for India

Option 1: Delay the exam to Jan 2020 end, thats when I come back. However, some friends have said that wait times increase before they issue you a fresh exam date

Option 2: Take the test but delay the Oath ceremony. I can ask CiC to schedule it after I return.

Options3: Take test, take Oauth ceremony, get Canadian passport, travel to India and get Visa on arrival for 30 days in India (Delhi). Looks very difficult and not sure if this is possible or not.

I would not delay the exam at all. You’re not sure when you will get the oath also.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hi All,

1. Result of exam
2. Oath ceremony
3. New Canadian Passport
4. Visa for India

Take the test and inform officer that you will be away for that period so they schedule u for oath after ur return