+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postgraduate Diploma (One semester)

njay14

Dec 2, 2018
India
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
09-02-2019
Hi, I completed my engineering and then did my Post Graduate Diploma Program in Liberal Studies. Does WES recognise this?

Reactions: getsthingsdone

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Yes, it was a 1-year residential program (Young India Fellowship). The university is UGC recognized (Ashoka University, Haryana). I really hope they consider.
It's hard to tell. Not sure how WES evaluates them. Just hope for the best and stay positive :)

Even if it they don't give you the right equivalency. It is not end of the world. There is always IQAS :)

So don't worry :) Good luck :)

Reactions: njay14

njay14

Dec 2, 2018
India
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
09-02-2019
It's hard to tell. Not sure how WES evaluates them. Just hope for the best and stay positive :)

Even if it they don't give you the right equivalency. It is not end of the world. There is always IQAS :)

So don't worry :) Good luck :)
I have a question. How does IQAS evaluate differently from WES?

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
It doesn't matter whether you give 1 semester or 2 semester exams, your transcripts will have credits for each course you studied. WES will add up those credits and then find a Canadian equivalent.all it needs to be 2 semester Canadian equivalent to be successful

Reactions: njay14

Ti2baby

Mar 18, 2019
Thank you!! This is great news! But i am now back to confusion as to what I enter it as in the express entry form. So one is obviously a degree, then what do i enter the other two as? As the only option for diploma is 1 year.... and they haven't been classified as 1 year? (back to my original question... )

Good day, I know it has been a while since you last posted about this. Would you be kind enough to confirm if you went ahead with the application. Was it successful?

Ecool

May 18, 2019
Hi All
I have gone through the thread. I am posting this only to be sure that the rules haven't changed.

Got the WES assessment as -
Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)

The postgraduate diploma(one year) is for my MBA degree.

For MBA what should I Fill in for EE form filling -
There are two dropdowns :
1) Level of education (required) -?
2) Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. -?

Options for both -
1.one-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
2.two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
3.Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
4.Master's degree, or a professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
5. Doctoral level university degree(PHD)

Please help in filling the both dropdowns.

Thanks for all the support.

Sep 20, 2018
Hi All
I have gone through the thread. I am posting this only to be sure that the rules haven't changed.

Got the WES assessment as -
Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)

The postgraduate diploma(one year) is for my MBA degree.

For MBA what should I Fill in for EE form filling -
There are two dropdowns :
1) Level of education (required) -?
2) Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. -?

Options for both -
1.one-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
2.two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
3.Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
4.Master's degree, or a professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
5. Doctoral level university degree(PHD)

Please help in filling the both dropdowns.

Thanks for all the support.
I have a similar query. Can someone please help it s urgent ?

txago

Sep 14, 2018
I found this thread and have read through some other linked threads, but I'm still confused. Please help me!

Last year I got this WES equivalency for my 2 diplomas/certificates:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY

Bachelor's degree (four years)

Revised ECA Report (original completed on January 25, 2019) --> they didn't recognize the postgraduate diploma at first and I told them to reconsider.

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1. Credential: Bacharel/a (Bachelor's degree)
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Credential: Diploma de Postgrado (Postgraduate Diploma)
Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate diploma (one semester)

My questions are:
  1. Although I have 2 credentials, the ECA summary only mentions the first one. Does that mean the second wasn't equivalent/should be ignored?
  2. While filling out my CIC application, there's no 6 months-period option under "Level of education". The lowest is the "One-year program at university, college...", which doesn't seem to fit the equivalency made by WES. Does that also mean that I shouldn't consider this 6 month diploma in the application?
I would be really grateful if you could help me with that!

rashidss

Aug 26, 2020
I found this thread and have read through some other linked threads, but I'm still confused. Please help me!

Last year I got this WES equivalency for my 2 diplomas/certificates:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY

Bachelor's degree (four years)

Revised ECA Report (original completed on January 25, 2019) --> they didn't recognize the postgraduate diploma at first and I told them to reconsider.

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1. Credential: Bacharel/a (Bachelor's degree)
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Credential: Diploma de Postgrado (Postgraduate Diploma)
Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate diploma (one semester)

My questions are:
  1. Although I have 2 credentials, the ECA summary only mentions the first one. Does that mean the second wasn't equivalent/should be ignored?
  2. While filling out my CIC application, there's no 6 months-period option under "Level of education". The lowest is the "One-year program at university, college...", which doesn't seem to fit the equivalency made by WES. Does that also mean that I shouldn't consider this 6 month diploma in the application?
I would be really grateful if you could help me with that!
Hi. Can you please tell me what you chose and how it turned out for you?? Thanks