+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Secondary Education for Refugee Claimant - International Fees

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Please what are the steps to a refugee claimant applying as an international student and getting a study permit? And what if you told them at the point of entry you do not know anyone in canada and you got to meet one of your family when you got inside canada and they want to sponsor your education. Is this possible and is there any implication to that.
Port of entry? So you have not made a claim yet? Are you fleeing a country where you are being persecuted? Because you seem more concerned about how you will study once you make a claim. Why not just apply for a study permit? Why go the refugee route?

ade*p

Jun 4, 2019
So as a refugee claimant applying for international students, sponsoring myself how much must i have in my acct or i can pay for one section?

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
Whoa, I think you had better study this. You are asking complex questions here. As a matter of fact the material may require an immigration lawyer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/refugees-protected-persons.html

The following shows why I think you need a lawyer:
Study permits

• 216 (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), an officer shall issue a study permit to a foreign national if, following an examination, it is established that the foreign national
    • (a) applied for it in accordance with this Part;

• (b) will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay under Division 2 of Part 9;

• (c) meets the requirements of this Part;

• (d) meets the requirements of subsections 30(2) and (3), if they must submit to a medical examination under paragraph 16(2)(b) of the Act; and

• (e) has been accepted to undertake a program of study at a designated learning institution.
  • Marginal note:Exception

(2) Paragraph (1)(b) does not apply to persons described in section 206 and paragraphs 207(c) and (d).

• SEE WHAT I MEAN.

Last edited:

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
Also I would advise you to stop trying to game the system. Not many people get Domestic tuition if they are not Canadians. Stop trying to look for holes and angles; just get a study permit the right way. After all I am paying for you via my taxes while you try to scam the system. I think you should maybe go to Germany where University is free.

Look at this: https://europe.graduateshotline.com/free-education.html

Last edited: