AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Thank you :) How long does it take to open an RBC account after landing in Canada and what all documents are necessary.

I was thinking of opening an account from India but not sure if the offers will be same post landing.
dude.. its 30 main job.. but u need take an appointment. if they are free they can cater you..
so documents

1. copr copy.
2. passport/identity doc.
3. proof of address.( lease agreement will work.) NO bank will open account if you don have proof of address here.

so as per new immigrant program. Unsecured credit card of 2500 dollars. checking and savings account as per your need. This is more like standard across the board.

If you have job here, then credit limit depends on your salary. Like about 75k to 90k.. credit limit 5k etc etc.

For example mine is 10k limit as I have job here.

But they are friendly and ready to help.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
when you apply from India.. only form filling process is done and saves time. for account real activation you need to present documents

Reactions: tbn2k18

tbn2k18

Jan 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
Nomination.....
24-01-2018
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
dude.. its 30 main job.. but u need take an appointment. if they are free they can cater you..
so documents

1. copr copy.
2. passport/identity doc.
3. proof of address.( lease agreement will work.) NO bank will open account if you don have proof of address here.

so as per new immigrant program. Unsecured credit card of 2500 dollars. checking and savings account as per your need. This is more like standard across the board.

If you have job here, then credit limit depends on your salary. Like about 75k to 90k.. credit limit 5k etc etc.

For example mine is 10k limit as I have job here.

But they are friendly and ready to help.
Thank you. Does G1 work as address proof? I mean initially getting a lease agreement is difficult. I can get a G1 License.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Thank you. Does G1 work as address proof? I mean initially getting a lease agreement is difficult. I can get a G1 License.
and how will u get g1 without proof of address

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
keep this is mind... all places which work as identity require your proof of address. so first you have to secure a home...they won't give u shit for hotel address.. or friend address.. except sin .. all require proof of address

CanadaVisaForumMember

Star Member
May 24, 2018
VFS Process and Experience in Bangalore

1. They issue a token after security screening and let you inside.
2. You have to wait till they call out your token number (the video display with token numbers was lagging and very soft in sound, not much audible)
3. They will give you a form to fill a few details including cash payment details (make sure to carry a pen)
4. When your token number is called then head to the counter
5. At the counter provide the PPR Mail copy, 2 Photographs, VFS Consent form, Passports (one PPR mail copy is fine for two applicants, but for each applicant present the others things separately)
6. Then go to cash counter and make the payment (Passport Transmission - Rs. 637, Courier Charges - Rs 397, SMS service - Rs 53, Photocopies and scan charges extra. No photograph facility in VFS Bangalore)
7. Return to the counter and provide the payment slips to VFS. They will provide the receipt and details on how to collect the passport if you do not use the courier service.

Pros
1. Process is not that long and is finished quickly when initiated.
2. There is not much queue if you go mid week around 9:00 am.

Cons
1. Lady at the cash counter goes missing sometimes and then you need to wait for her return
2. No proper video and audio device to present token number clearly. Have to stay attentive to hear your number from the VFS employees mouth.
3. Under staffed and some counters remain closed or operate very slowly. This causes unnecessary delay for you.
4. The cash counter lady had no idea that cash payments need to be done. then another person announced the process for cash payment.
5. Not a process orientated place.

Documents carried:
1. PPR Mail copies (only one copy taken for two applicants)
2. Photographs (4 for each applicant - vfs accepted just 2 photographs for each applicant, one photo had details written on its back)
3. Passports for each applicant (current passports for both applicants)
4. VFS Consent forms for each applicant (VFS consent forms can be downloaded from the VFS Canada page)

Hope this helps. Others can explain the VFS process at their respective locations. Will help everyone post PPR mail.

thanks,
tbn2k18
Thanks a lot @tbn2k18 the above post is very informative and helpful.
I have the same VFS, that is VFS Bangalore.

@tbn2k18 has explained the passport submission process (post PPR) very well.
I am going to share my experience and add few things.

First of all, as mentioned in the VFS Contact Us Page: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/contact_us.html
most of the VFS offices in India are shifting to different addresses from September 2018.

There is a link is provided in the PPR e-mail: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/
After opening this page, going to almost center of the page, there is a box, which says that "have you been asked to submit your passport at the VAC", with a click here button.
Upon clicking there, we reach the page http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/how_to_apply.html
In Step 3 of this page, is the link for the VFS form: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/pdf/CVAC-VFS-Consent-Form-English-Latest.pdf

I am again thankful to the last post, that I took a print out of this form and took it. I had hand filled it. It saved time at the VFS office counter.
This form also has biometrics section now(which was not there when I went for passport submission).

I went to VFS office on a Monday at around 12:30 PM and it took me 1 hour 45 minutes to complete the passport submission.
So, please go by 9:00 AM to get the work done in lesser time than me.
I stood in queue for around 30 minutes, after which the security called for candidates who had come to passport submission and then he gave me the token.

I went inside and the visual and audio description of the token number, experience is exactly the same as in the above post.
When my turn came, the actual process got completed in approximately 30 minutes.

Few things you need to keep in mind:
1.) As mentioned above please carry the printout of VFS form, in PPR e-mail, there is no mention of the same in the PPR e-mail.
2.)The photographs link provided in the PPR e-mail: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445eb-e.pdf is the same link, the information in which I used, when I got photographs clicked post receiving ITA. So, the same photographs got clicked with the instructions in the above link, can be used.
3.) Please do carry cash
4.) In case you have thought that you want the passport to be couriered to you, please check with VFS staff at the counter where they collect your documents, whether courier is possible to your place by providing your area pin code. Some VFS staff members were pro-actively asking for pin code from applicants but not all of them asked for the same.

Please do not carry laptop to the VFS office, they strictly do not allow it inside

I had opted for SMS service, but got SMS only after I collected my passport.
Passport tracking link: https://www.vfsvisaonline.com/Global-Passporttracking/Track/Index?q=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/CQ1P0LBKn66dLdNUfueK+zXVvfCaQtqf4wkl10oKbwhActUUQpLseDw/c2V80Cpow==

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

L1a2h4

Aug 6, 2018
So I messed up with Ppr. Received the email last week and sent the passports to Ottawa. I'm an applicant of Indian origin from US with a US citizen minor child.
Missed that fact that I only had to send photocopies of my dependent child's passports and instead sent the original with other passports. Does anyone know how they will process this? Will they send back the entire packet without stamping? Or is it too much to expect them to make a copy of the US passport and proceed with COPR.

CanadaVisaForumMember

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Went to VFS to receive my passport since I didnot opt for the courier service.

At 2pm they will issue a token and allow you to enter
Then you will be asked to report at a certain counter
There they will take your identification copies and if you are collecting on behalf of someone then the authorization letter. Also you need to present the fee receipt.
They will ask you to fill reference number, name and sign on a form
Then the sealed envelopes with passports is handed over to you. You can open and check the details in VFS itself
It should not take more than 30 minutes depending on your token number

Documents provided by Visa office
1. Passport with one time entry visa. start date is the date of ppr mail. end date is as per medical. For me it is less than a year as i did the medical 2 months before AOR. No photo on the visa in the passport.
2. COPR document with some details and on the Non client copy they have pasted the photograph. They will return the second photograph. This COPR document needs to be handled carefully like the passport. There is a place to sign which should be done when immigration officials tells you to do it.
3. One letter with details of steps post COPR

All the best!!!!!
Thanks again @tbn2k18 for the above post.
The above post is complete in itself.

Even after opting for SMS service, I did not get any SMS before collecting passport.
It is the best to keep checking the link https://www.vfsvisaonline.com/Global-Passporttracking/Track/Index?q=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/CQ1P0LBKn66dLdNUfueK+zXVvfCaQtqf4wkl10oKbwhActUUQpLseDw/c2V80Cpow==
everyday after passport submission.
In the above link, the day I saw the information that my passport has been dispatched, I had called VFS helpline: 022-67866002. I had been told on the phone that it takes one day for the passport to reach Delhi from the respective VFS office and the same time on its return journey from Delhi back to the respective VFS..
When I was there in the VFS office for my passport collection, a person who had received the SMS that your passport has been dispatched, came to collect it the very same day (he received the SMS). He had been asked to come the next day. So, before going to the VFS office for passport collection, please call the VFS helpline to confirm that your passport has reached your city's VFS office.

All the other details have been covered extremely well by @tbn2k18

I have updated the tracker https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/passport-processing-tracker

Last edited:

CanadaVisaForumMember

Star Member
May 24, 2018
So I messed up with Ppr. Received the email last week and sent the passports to Ottawa. I'm an applicant of Indian origin from US with a US citizen minor child.
Missed that fact that I only had to send photocopies of my dependent child's passports and instead sent the original with other passports. Does anyone know how they will process this? Will they send back the entire packet without stamping? Or is it too much to expect them to make a copy of the US passport and proceed with COPR.
I have not read anywhere regarding this particular scenario.
Is there a VFS like organization in your case too?
Please call their helpline number.
They should be able to provide information.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Whoever is moving to Canada and have a driving license(DL) from there home country (2 years and older), get a DL extract from the local transportation organization (RTO or RTA blah blah..)... Remember this document should not be older than 6 months(from the time you apply for a driving license in Canada). This is only valid for countries who do not reciprocal exchange program available.

This will help you skip the intermediary (called G2 Road Test w.r.t. testing in Ontario) road test to go main road test (called G Road Test w.r.t. testing in Ontario). You still will have to appears for G1 (knowledge test)....

License Exchanges: https://drivetest.ca/licences/licence-exchanges/licence-exchanges-cars-small-trucks-and-vans.html
Foreign Licence Experience Credits:https://drivetest.ca/licences/licence-exchanges/foreign-licence-experience-credits.html

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Current CoPR trend at NDVO (August 2018): Seems pretty fast, unlike the several posts on this forum where CoPR has happened quite a bit after submission of passport(s).

Toronto2018

May 30, 2018
Tunisia
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
30-04-2018
AOR Received.
30-04-2018
Med's Done....
28-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-07-2018
Here's my post PPR experience in Tunis for those who are interested. In Tunisia, you can either submit your passport at the embassy or at thr VFS office. The embassy is much better as you don't have to pay for anything abd that they give you back your passport the same day (versus 5 days at the VFS office). The only thing is that the embassy only accepts visitors on mondays and wednesdays between 9 and 10 am.

Submitted our passports at the embassy at 9:00 am and picked them up at 2:30 pm. They didn't ask for any biometrics. We just followed the instructions in the email received and provided a copy of the email, our passports, 2 photos per family member (based on their photo requirements) and a letter stating the eye color and height of each family member. We have 9 months in hand to enter Canada :)

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A lot of the people have posted their experience in VFS. I wanted to help with pre and post landing procedures. Here are some tips for your landing in Canada:
1. Make sure that your COPR is in a separate file.
2. At most of the Canadian airports there are kiosks available, where you need to scan your passports for all your dependents. Accordingly the kiosk will move vertically depending upon the heights of individuals to take pictures. At the end of the process, it will print a receipt that you need to give to the first officer at the desk. Greet him and tell him that you are landed immigrants. He will direct you to a separate room.
3. In your second interview, the officer will ask for your COPRs and your present address in Canada. This is really important. Make sure that everything is correct because you will receive your PR card at the same address. So double check your address. The officer will also ask about the amount of money that you are bringing in Canada. This need not to be same amount that you have shown as POF. At this stage, the officer will cancel your single entry visas and give your passports. After you are done with this officer, you will be directed to a booth where they will give you your permanent SIN. Here they will ask you for your passports again and fill some simple forms asking for your name, your parent's name, your place of origin and your address in Canada. Make sure that if you have a temporary SIN in Canada before, tell the person that you had one. He will simply update your profile.
4. As some useful tips, make sure that you are carrying minimum hand-carries with you, especially if you have small children with you. I know it is difficult, if you are planning to have a longer stay in Canada but try your best to reduce the hand luggage.
5. Make photographs of all the expensive things that you are bringing into Canada, a list of all the things that you have in your luggage and that you are planning to receive after your landing.
6. You might be directed to the customs at this stage and he might ask you for (5). In our case, they simply ignored us.
7. If all goes well, you will be come to the arrival lounge.
8. If you are going to a different city, make sure that you have arranged transport for it. Most airports have RobertQ booths, or other taxi services. Depending upon where you are landing make sure that you have this arranged pre-hand.
9. After these procedures, the long wait for PR card begins.

Good luck and happy landing in Canada.