FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
Nomination.....
24-01-2018
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
supercool. was actually going to ask bimale to get some information going on this. Thanks.
I am referring to the below threads to get some information regarding setting up the account. But as I heard that you get good deals when you discuss and open the account there. Also these accounts opened outside Canada allows just a one time transfer to the account initially.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/opening-bank-account-before-landing.511231/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/open-bank-account-in-canada-from-india-new-delhi.98193/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/opening-a-bank-account-in-a-canadian-bank-from-india.36119/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/open-a-bank-account-before-landing.554466/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/opening-bank-account-before-moving-to-canada.486658/

Will try to get some more information regarding the process to open the account internationally. Only advantage right now is that it will save the hassel of carrying funds and save some time in Canada.

Reactions: Orion_alpha

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
So family,

I already live in canada for past 3 months . Moved from us to canada on work oermit.. now have pr..

Few tips:

1 the funds what canadian govt tells you is tip of iceberg.

If you planning to settle here without job get ready to shell out money or planning to stay here and look for job .

1. Most places atleast in ottawa lock a 12 month lease and before signing lease, they will ask 2 months rent.

2 . Public transport is awesome, you can make do for sometime without car.

3 . Get your driving extracts from india, yes in india they give you that contact your rto. Itvsaves you lot of shit snd u get g2 dl atleast.

4. Now for 2 people if you live normally expect to shell out 800 to 1000 each month. This is when you don go out to eat etc stc.

5. Banks have lot of catches so read all carefully.

Rest message me any thing you eanna knwo

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So family,

I already live in canada for past 3 months . Moved from us to canada on work oermit.. now have pr..

Few tips:

1 the funds what canadian govt tells you is tip of iceberg.

If you planning to settle here without job get ready to shell out money or planning to stay here and look for job .

1. Most places atleast in ottawa lock a 12 month lease and before signing lease, they will ask 2 months rent.

2 . Public transport is awesome, you can make do for sometime without car.

3 . Get your driving extracts from india, yes in india they give you that contact your rto. Itvsaves you lot of shit snd u get g2 dl atleast.

4. Now for 2 people if you live normally expect to shell out 800 to 1000 each month. This is when you don go out to eat etc stc.

5. Banks have lot of catches so read all carefully.

Rest message me any thing you eanna knwo
To be honest, getting the PPR and COPR is the easy part. Settling in Canada and finding full time employment will be a challenge. With thousands of new PR holders landing in Canada everyday, finding full time work that pays well will surely be a make or break decision for many. I personally know people who have returned to India after failing to find appropriate employment opportunities.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
To be honest, getting the PPR and COPR is the easy part. Settling in Canada and finding full time employment will be a challenge. With thousands of new PR holders landing in Canada everyday, finding full time work that pays well will surely be a make or break decision for many. I personally know people who have returned to India after failing to find appropriate employment opportunities.
Exactly.. when i moved i ensured me and wife had pretty decent jobs.. by gods grace we do..but again i had us experince of 8 years so .. but yeaaa .. when people get exicted by gettin copr .. i tell then its 20% battle won... canadian dream is a long way

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly.. when i moved i ensured me and wife had pretty decent jobs.. by gods grace we do..but again i had us experince of 8 years so .. but yeaaa .. when people get exicted by gettin copr .. i tell then its 20% battle won... canadian dream is a long way
Agreed. I do not have any US/Canadian experience or education. Even though I have a PPR I know that the real battle starts now. Worst case, I will return to India if I fail to find anything meaningful in Canada.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Agreed. I do not have any US/Canadian experience or education. Even though I have a PPR I know that the real battle starts now. Worst case, I will return to India if I fail to find anything meaningful in Canada.
So if you are new to canada... and no experince you may or may not like what you get..so either you take those and make way to top again

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So if you are new to canada... and no experince you may or may not like what you get..so either you take those and make way to top again
Yeah thanks. I will have to take a call on how long I am willing to spend in job search.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
VFS Process and Experience in Bangalore

1. They issue a token after security screening and let you inside.
2. You have to wait till they call out your token number (the video display with token numbers was lagging and very soft in sound, not much audible)
3. They will give you a form to fill a few details including cash payment details (make sure to carry a pen)
4. When your token number is called then head to the counter
5. At the counter provide the PPR Mail copy, 2 Photographs, VFS Consent form, Passports (one PPR mail copy is fine for two applicants, but for each applicant present the others things separately)
6. Then go to cash counter and make the payment (Passport Transmission - Rs. 637, Courier Charges - Rs 397, SMS service - Rs 53, Photocopies and scan charges extra. No photograph facility in VFS Bangalore)
7. Return to the counter and provide the payment slips to VFS. They will provide the receipt and details on how to collect the passport if you do not use the courier service.

Pros
1. Process is not that long and is finished quickly when initiated.
2. There is not much queue if you go mid week around 9:00 am.

Cons
1. Lady at the cash counter goes missing sometimes and then you need to wait for her return
2. No proper video and audio device to present token number clearly. Have to stay attentive to hear your number from the VFS employees mouth.
3. Under staffed and some counters remain closed or operate very slowly. This causes unnecessary delay for you.
4. The cash counter lady had no idea that cash payments need to be done. then another person announced the process for cash payment.
5. Not a process orientated place.

Documents carried:
1. PPR Mail copies (only one copy taken for two applicants)
2. Photographs (4 for each applicant - vfs accepted just 2 photographs for each applicant, one photo had details written on its back)
3. Passports for each applicant (current passports for both applicants)
4. VFS Consent forms for each applicant (VFS consent forms can be downloaded from the VFS Canada page)

Hope this helps. Others can explain the VFS process at their respective locations. Will help everyone post PPR mail.

thanks,
tbn2k18
I'll just add to what has already been written. This is my experience at the VFS Mumbai Office at BKC; FYI, they are moving this office permanently to the application centre they have at Mahalaxmi from August 27, 2018 (This is the case for VFS offices across India, but from September 2018):

1. Go to the 5th floor of the VFS building, AUS-CAN offices right next to each other.
2a. Token number,
2b. wait for token to be displayed on screen/called out,
2c. submit documents, pay, take receipt and leave.

Pros

1. All 6 counters were working at 3pm.
2. I had taken the wrong photo size, which I realised when I reached the counter at 3.55 pm . They accepted my application past 4 pm (cutoff time for application submission) despite the mistake solely being mine (3rd floor Schengen visa office has a photocopying machine + photo booth; INR 120 per applicant photo cost for 2 photos). For those interested, PPR photo size is pretty large and not your typical passport size. The external photo studio guy I got this done from was a _____.
3. The staff is super polite and helpful.

Cons

1. 9 am apparently is the only time it's empty. Rest it's crowded (at least 20-30 applicants on a floating basis constantly; agent timings acc to the website is 9-11.30, but saw many of them past 3 pm)
2. While process oriented, they do seem to get lost from time to time and start calling out token numbers instead of displaying them onscreen.

Reactions: tbn2k18

Tiju Samuel

May 7, 2018
Hello all...

Finally after a wait of 142 days.... PPR came on 3rd August....

Went to VFS Mumbai yesterday....and submitted my passport

Total time taken in VFS was 1 hour...which included a waiting of 40 minutes...

Had gone there with the intent of getting my passport couriered back to me...

The lady at the counter after realising that I stay in Navi Mumbai politely suggested to not opt for courier as last couple of weeks...she said...there have been technical glitches in the courier and SMS service and suggested me to just come back over and pick the passport myself...

She only took Rs 637 from me for the transmission charges...did not take any SMS charges...(which I assumed is because of the technical glitch)

She told me to track the same through the number provided and connext with the call centre post 7 to 10 working days ....she said...I may also get a call from them when passport is ready for collection....

Cheers
Tiju K Samuel

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
U got a job before landing? That is wonderful. Was it through reference?

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
I myself looking for someone who is landing in EDMONTON. I just wanted to know more about the place.

Some of the information I gathered from other people.
Accommodation is cheaper as compared to Toronto.
Good transportation system
Low taxes as compared to toronto
Healthcare starts from day one when u land.
Weather is much colder as compared to toronto
I am not sure about the job part. Jobs are there but not much as compared to Toronto.

Anyone else who can tell me more about Edmonton ?
QUOTE="tbn2k18, post: 7100084, member: 728976"]@lincy can you please provide details regarding Edmonton

Job prospects
Accomodation
Transportation
Weather and climate
Medical Facilities and health cards

Many of us are not aware of the prospects in Edmonton
[/QUOTE]
from what little I gathered from reading online, Alberta has a hub for EPC companies mostly in the Oil and Gas/mining sector. I am also looking to move here but contingent upon job prospects