+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opening a Bank Account in a Canadian Bank from India

PM48633

Star Member
Nov 6, 2009
Hi,

Just wanted to check if any one has opened a bank account in a canadian bank from India.
Since it would be much easer to deposit the funds in a bank account opened in india rether than carrying funds to canada.
If any one would share as to which would be the bank that gives the best deals from India.

Regards,

PM48633

bhaveshenee

Oct 23, 2009
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2010
ICICI does have a facility, even Standard Chartered bank have this facility. You can do it but there are some formalities which take more time. Yes the bank can definately help you out....

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Patrick,

Besides all the Intl Banks [HSBC, Stanchart, RBS, Citibank etc.] 2 good ones to go with, while in India are:
1. Scotiabank [my favorite]
2. ICICI [as Bhavesh suggested]

Note: The Intl Banks r costlier, higher maintenance etc. While both the above r just great. ICICI is the lowest on the maintenance front. But, has limited presence. But, Scotia is one of the best 3 banks of Canada.

Qorax.

nilsej

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
I also came across these two banks Scotiabank, ICICI and found it to be interesting while looking at their website that what they are offering but to open a account was bit hectic job because ICICI prove to be very lazyyyyyyyyyyy as by mailing them many time they were just telling me every time the same thing that
"Our representative will contact you" and at last after 2 months one of there reps told me that you can not open the account from here and need to visit their Canada branch. With Scotia also here in India they have tie up with HDFC and HDFC is another mess. but at last after messing with these ppl I have opened the account with Scotia and I can say that after opening account their staff at Canada was very helpful to me till now.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
START RIGHT PROGRAM-SCOTIABANK:
http://www.startright.scotiabank.com/

COUNTRY MANAGER:
Mr. Pankaj Mehra | Director, India & South Asia Markets | Multicultural Banking

EXCERPTS FROM HIS EMAIL TO ME:
Quote/ Dear XYZ, ... Our Start Right Program gives... not just for new arrivals but also tips for settling down in Canada and other useful services and sites, including job search, looking for a home, schools, Health and Social Insurance Number cards and driving licence etc.

Besides our branches, in India we have also got HDFC Bank as our local partner, to help new immigrants to Canada open their account with Scotiabank even before they arrive here. Besides HDFC's select branches in Delhi, Mumbai, Chandigarh and Ahmedabad etc., they are also offering it through their wider branch network in the Middle East.

In essence you can go to one of our branches in India, or to select branches of our local partner in India (or Dubai) - HDFC Bank for opening your bank account in Canada through StartRight Program, which includes the following services...
/Unquote

Get in touch with him...
Qorax.

A

amritvirdi

HI everyone,

Just got this info on the net, i thought i might be useful so i am sharing with you.
herez da link

scotiabank.com/mcben/cda/content/0,1679,CCDmcben_CID3311_LIDen_SID124_YID29,00.html

i hope this helps the query...

Regards
Amritvirdi

at9459

May 30, 2009
qorax said:
START RIGHT PROGRAM-SCOTIABANK:
http://www.startright.scotiabank.com/

COUNTRY MANAGER:
Mr. Pankaj Mehra | Director, India & South Asia Markets | Multicultural Banking

EXCERPTS FROM HIS EMAIL TO ME:
Quote/ Dear XYZ, ... Our Start Right Program gives... not just for new arrivals but also tips for settling down in Canada and other useful services and sites, including job search, looking for a home, schools, Health and Social Insurance Number cards and driving licence etc.

Besides our branches, in India we have also got HDFC Bank as our local partner, to help new immigrants to Canada open their account with Scotiabank even before they arrive here. Besides HDFC's select branches in Delhi, Mumbai, Chandigarh and Ahmedabad etc., they are also offering it through their wider branch network in the Middle East.

In essence you can go to one of our branches in India, or to select branches of our local partner in India (or Dubai) - HDFC Bank for opening your bank account in Canada through StartRight Program, which includes the following services...
/Unquote

Get in touch with him...
Qorax.
Hello Qorax
how much and how can we keep the money the said bank?
what are the GOI regulations for people who are emigrating?

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not many people know there is a bank called TD Canadatrust which has the highest presence, at least in Ontario region.

You should not worry. Just get a DD for the required amount. Come to Canada. Go to any bank, tell them you want to open an account and it will be done in just 20 mins. It is easier to open the account here than from India. Just take 20 mins.

Just a word of caution, Scotia Bank doesn't accept DD. They accept traveller's cheques or cash. ICICI is good but very very limited presence.

at9459

May 30, 2009
at9459 said:
Hello Qorax
how much and how can we keep the money the said bank?
what are the GOI regulations for people who are emigrating?
please answer the query if you have an Idea.

bhaveshenee

Oct 23, 2009
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2010
hope we also come to this stage at the earliest.... very much waiting for the passports to come back.....

What shall we do on thi frenz..... can any one tell