+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post PPR 2021 - Moving To Canada - 2021 / 2022

canadawaiting

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Mexico route is the safest and there is no risk involved, thousands of people has already travelled through this route safely.and i am also considering this route when i will have my copr and passport in hands. The people are traveling because there is no guarantee that canada will lift direct flight ban on india on 21st august, it is better to find an alternative to those direct routes and fly to canada because you never know what will be the situation in these covid times.
Moreover, when direct flights will resume then you have to book expensive flights again because the prices of direct flights won't be getting lowered soon according to me as lots of people are waiting for direct flights to reopen.

Let me know what risks you are thinking of in mexico route?

Nothing on the top of my mind. What you're saying makes complete sense to me now.

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hi @sr.nadar @idhar_chicha @saini1987 - These options look prohibitively expensive and also there seems to be a lot of risk here. Is there any reason why you wouldnt probably wait a few more days / maybe a month or so, and book flights when the ticket prices are more reasonable?

Am I missing something - I just want perspective, since right now im thinking, i dont wnat to travel under such an expensive route and with so many unknowns / risks

Please help me understand so that I might realize if there are any important aspects I havent considered, and thus, should start thinking of travelling immediately
@saini1987 is bang on the money with the right reasoning. Mexico, Albania, and Maldives look doable. However, the cost is 2x to 4x right now. And even if they open up the direct routes, I'm not sure the prices will not drop till the massive number of students, PRs, and Citizens make it over to CAN.

For me personally, I'm worried about the 3rd wave (in India), and the prohibition they and other 3rd countries will impose on Indians. It's already seems a bit unfair and harsh from an Indian perspective. However, when you look at it from a Canadian perspective they are doing what they can to protect their borders. And we are paying the price for brothers who went ahead of us and forged documents or did not follow norms after landing. FYI the direct flight ban for India was after 4 back to back flights from Delhi landed with many COVID+ passengers.

In Summary, I really can't see this dying down atleast for another 3-4 months (short-term). In which time I have my internal job waiting for me, and it's taken a while to reach the stage of everyone in the management OK-ing me to join the position in CAN.

canadawaiting

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
@saini1987 is bang on the money with the right reasoning. Mexico, Albania, and Maldives look doable. However, the cost is 2x to 4x right now. And even if they open up the direct routes, I'm not sure the prices will not drop till the massive number of students, PRs, and Citizens make it over to CAN.

For me personally, I'm worried about the 3rd wave (in India), and the prohibition they and other 3rd countries will impose on Indians. It's already seems a bit unfair and harsh from an Indian perspective. However, when you look at it from a Canadian perspective they are doing what they can to protect their borders. And we are paying the price for brothers who went ahead of us and forged documents or did not follow norms after landing. FYI the direct flight ban for India was after 4 back to back flights from Delhi landed with many COVID+ passengers.

In Summary, I really can't see this dying down atleast for another 3-4 months (short-term). In which time I have my internal job waiting for me, and it's taken a while to reach the stage of everyone in the management OK-ing me to join the position in CAN.
Makes sense @idhar_chicha

I want to highlight that your situation is even more sensible considering you have a job in CAN.

I want to ask you, how would you advise someone who doesnt have a job in Canada and is losing around 10K CAD for every month they leave India and are in Canada without a job (10K CAD is comprised of loss of salary from jobs in India + cost of living in Canada).

Would you suggest such a person to

1. Hold out till end-January 2022 (with COPRs possibly expiring on March 2022)
2. Leave as soon as possible (i.e. Nov 2021 after serving notice period) and potentially have 3 months x 10K CAD of sunk cost***

***The assumption being that November to Mid Jan is usually holiday season and hiring is lowest during these 3 months. I dont know how true is this assumption, especially if it is true for all kinds of jobs or only some. For me, I am an experienced IT Risk Consultant

I just want your advise so that I can make a more balanced consideration. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

sr.nadar

Jun 1, 2019
Hi @sr.nadar @idhar_chicha @saini1987 - These options look prohibitively expensive and also there seems to be a lot of risk here. Is there any reason why you wouldnt probably wait a few more days / maybe a month or so, and book flights when the ticket prices are more reasonable?

Am I missing something - I just want perspective, since right now im thinking, i dont wnat to travel under such an expensive route and with so many unknowns / risks

Please help me understand so that I might realize if there are any important aspects I havent considered, and thus, should start thinking of travelling immediately
Hey - I have my employment starting by Aug LW and I have already pushed it by 2 months waiting for the PPR etc. It won't be possible for them to onboard me remotely. So it's more of a requirement for me to reach in Aug. I would have loved to wait longer.

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Makes sense @idhar_chicha

I want to highlight that your situation is even more sensible considering you have a job in CAN.

I want to ask you, how would you advise someone who doesnt have a job in Canada and is losing around 10K CAD for every month they leave India and are in Canada without a job (10K CAD is comprised of loss of salary from jobs in India + cost of living in Canada).

Would you suggest such a person to

1. Hold out till end-January 2022 (with COPRs possibly expiring on March 2022)
2. Leave as soon as possible (i.e. Nov 2021 after serving notice period) and potentially have 3 months x 10K CAD of sunk cost***

***The assumption being that November to Mid Jan is usually holiday season and hiring is lowest during these 3 months. I dont know how true is this assumption, especially if it is true for all kinds of jobs or only some. For me, I am an experienced IT Risk Consultant

I just want your advise so that I can make a more balanced consideration. Thanks in advance!
If you are in IT and experienced, then I would take the risk. Companies are always hiring for IT folks. December is a slowdown, but if you are already in Canada, it is an opportunity for you to acclimatize and be ready whenever interviews open up.

Also since you said IT, can I recommend the following good portals apart from Indeed and LinkedIn (which is probably the best resource):
https://www.ziprecruiter.com/
https://vanhack.com/candidates - This is great for startups, and also hire remotely!

So what I'm saying is, you need to take a risk at some point. And the risk comes at a cost (9k in your case). But your chance for success will be greater if you are already in Canada. Unlike India or even Europe, in North America, they hire in 2-3 weeks - which means they need candidates who are ready to help them close the opening quickly. With your experience in IT, you would be hot proposition, but if you are not available for the employer in Canada in the later stages of the interview, then you would loose out. I'm saying this from experience since I lost out on couple of positions where they asked me to submit my SIN number and other documents for processing the contract!

canadawaiting

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
If you are in IT and experienced, then I would take the risk. Companies are always hiring for IT folks. December is a slowdown, but if you are already in Canada, it is an opportunity for you to acclimatize and be ready whenever interviews open up.

Also since you said IT, can I recommend the following good portals apart from Indeed and LinkedIn (which is probably the best resource):
https://www.ziprecruiter.com/
https://vanhack.com/candidates - This is great for startups, and also hire remotely!

So what I'm saying is, you need to take a risk at some point. And the risk comes at a cost (9k in your case). But your chance for success will be greater if you are already in Canada. Unlike India or even Europe, in North America, they hire in 2-3 weeks - which means they need candidates who are ready to help them close the opening quickly. With your experience in IT, you would be hot proposition, but if you are not available for the employer in Canada in the later stages of the interview, then you would loose out. I'm saying this from experience since I lost out on couple of positions where they asked me to submit my SIN number and other documents for processing the contract!
Thanks @idhar_chicha for your advise! Youve been immensely helpful! And thanks for the helpful links as well!

Reactions: idhar_chicha

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
The news is just getting better, looks like Eithad is looking to help passengers by including the cost of a PCR test and will conduct it in Dubai during transit - which means direct flights to Canada just by taking Eithad!

Here is the screenshot from Eithad customer care:

https://scontent.fmaa1-3.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/228738930_10224826557921484_141374318642185855_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=i69tjstRRaEAX-xRObD&_nc_ht=scontent.fmaa1-3.fna&oh=bd0fb85d95ab35fdffb5733446f9ad35&oe=612F21CD

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
The news is just getting better, looks like Eithad is looking to help passengers by including the cost of a PCR test and will conduct it in Dubai during transit - which means direct flights to Canada just by taking Eithad!

Here is the screenshot from Eithad customer care:

https://scontent.fmaa1-3.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/228738930_10224826557921484_141374318642185855_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=i69tjstRRaEAX-xRObD&_nc_ht=scontent.fmaa1-3.fna&oh=bd0fb85d95ab35fdffb5733446f9ad35&oe=612F21CD
That is really nice. By flight resuming they mean between India and UAE or India and Canada ?

Reactions: canadawaiting

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Can we travel through Sri Lanka (colombo) ?

India to Sri lanka we have Indigo + on arrival visa.
Where will you do PCR test? And till last week SL was not allowing Indians to even transit. This week, they are allowing transit of 10 hours or less. But I'm not sure where you can get the test done. I still Maldives is the safest and quickest route, next comes Mexico (but it's very pricey).

Turkey, Egypt, and European countries I'd try to avoid right now except for transit at FRA or AMS. Avoid LHR as well.

JagjyotSingh

Star Member
Mar 30, 2020
Where will you do PCR test? And till last week SL was not allowing Indians to even transit. This week, they are allowing transit of 10 hours or less. But I'm not sure where you can get the test done. I still Maldives is the safest and quickest route, next comes Mexico (but it's very pricey).

Turkey, Egypt, and European countries I'd try to avoid right now except for transit at FRA or AMS. Avoid LHR as well.
@idhar_chicha My bad. I didn't look deeply in their website. Just now checked everything. Looks like people from India are being seen as highly contagious to the world at the moment. :(
Even Nepal has shut us down from transiting.

My last resort will be to get a schengen and stay at my relative's place in Spain for couple of days, get a PCR, then travel forward to Canada

canadawaiting

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
@idhar_chicha @CNP @Fmegha86 @Sahilvee @JagjyotSingh @pavie24 @DixvilleNotch @sr.nadar @Saira443 @saini1987

Thank you so much guys!!!

New COPR Reissued - got my passport today delivered by Blue Dart :)

I got an update on 17 August in my GCKey that the counterfoil has been generated

New COPR valid till end of 1 year of remedical - 2021

Original COPR signed - 18th March 2020, expired 27 June 2020
RTT Oct 2020
Remedical - 8th March 2021
Passport submitted on 19 July 2021.
Passport Reached IRCC on 23 July

Planning to travel in Feb 2022****