+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post PPR 2021 - Moving To Canada - 2021 / 2022

sr.nadar

Jun 1, 2019
Hey I spoke to Lizy Thomas - she seems to be a Kerala based agent. She said seats are only from Cochin and not from Mumbai or Delhi. But let me bounce of the Zurich idea with other agents and get back to you

Reactions: canadawaiting

sr.nadar

Jun 1, 2019
Are there people like me following this thread who are going to go to canada and then look for jobs?
Im in Finance, and I'd love to hear if anyone has opinions on where and when should we land..... ive heard November - December is usually an off-season, from the hiring perspective
Yeah. from what I hear Feb and August right after the summer and winter breaks are the best times to apply.
They freeze the hiring and the weather over the winters! :)

sr.nadar

Jun 1, 2019
I spoke to a couple of people.

Larger travel agents are consolidating travel requests and chartering flights. The route and plan for each chartered flights is different.

One is available fo Aug 8th. Cochin - Doha - Cairo (1 day quarantine and RT PCR test) - Toronto. No visas required. They said they will let me know of the next chartered flight. It depends on the quantum of requests they get.

Another option given by a Mumbai agent was: Mumbai - Belgrade (8 days quarantine) - Amsterdam - Toronto. But I don't understand how we can have Amsterdam as the penultimate port and not PCR test from there.

The more I speak the more complicated it feels. Rules are changing by the day and not everyone seems to have a different view

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I spoke to a couple of people.

Larger travel agents are consolidating travel requests and chartering flights. The route and plan for each chartered flights is different.

One is available fo Aug 8th. Cochin - Doha - Cairo (1 day quarantine and RT PCR test) - Toronto. No visas required. They said they will let me know of the next chartered flight. It depends on the quantum of requests they get.

Another option given by a Mumbai agent was: Mumbai - Belgrade (8 days quarantine) - Amsterdam - Toronto. But I don't understand how we can have Amsterdam as the penultimate port and not PCR test from there.

The more I speak the more complicated it feels. Rules are changing by the day and not everyone seems to have a different view
But the poster below wrote:

If I am not wrong, Doha has imposed mandate 10 Days Quarantine..

Saira443

Jan 27, 2019
Yup just took the gamble since the prices were around 30k till Vancouver. And it's a complete refund or voucher till April 2022 and this can be used till April 2023.
Hi,
How did you book your tickets? Did you get it through some travel portal or a travel agent

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Qatar indroduced some qurantine requirement it seems. These kind of changes makes me nervous to book anything

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hi,
How did you book your tickets? Did you get it through some travel portal or a travel agent
Mine were direct @Saira443 British Airways offer complete money refund or a complete voucher refund which can be used till April 2023. Hence booked them in mid-June though I wasn't sure when the Visa office would reopen and/if the 3rd country option would still be around.

bhardu

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
NOC Code......
Yup just took the gamble since the prices were around 30k till Vancouver. And it's a complete refund or voucher till April 2022 and this can be used till April 2023.
achhe din.... aaenge ? I expect fares between Delhi- Calgary direct flight to be somewhere around 1 Lacs... :-(

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Can FSW (not PNP) land anywhere or does it have to be the city mentioned on the COPR? having some flexibility with that could lower costs.

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
I didnt know there was a city mentioned in COPR for FSW
Yes the CoPR lists the Destination City. You would have selected this way back when filling the EE application. The Destination City/Province matters for those on the PNP program since they need to sign an agreement with the Province that has nominated them. And it impacts them during their application for Citizenship.

Those on the FSW/EE don't have to worry about the Destination City.

Last edited:
Reactions: AMM26

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Yes the CoPR lists the Destination City. You would have selected this way back when filling the EE application. The Destination City/Province matters for those on the PNP program since they need to sing an agreement with the Province that has nominated them. And it impacts them during their application for Citizenship.

Those on the FSW/EE don't have to worry about the Destination City.
This is true. FSW applicants can settle anywhere they wish. My question was only about landing and whether the Port of Entry needs to match the city listed on the COPR.