+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA Questions: Please help!

movecanada2019

Oct 25, 2018
Hi Guys,

Can some of the experienced folks out here answer few questions?

I've received the ITA and have been working on getting the documents. I just have few questions from the application and it will be great if anybody can share your opinion on it.

1. It says to share travel history in last 10 years of countries other than place of birth or residence. Currently, country of residence is US, birth is India and I've traveled several times between the two countries. Do I need to detail and mention all these trips in my application?

2. Do I need get financial letters from all the banks where I've my accounts or just one institution where funds are enough to support the threshold needed as mentioned on CIC?

3. My sibling doesn't have a last name on her passport. Is it okay to put N/A or Not applicable there? Both first name and last name are mandatory fields.

4. As part of the employee details, is there a need to provide paystubs? I've got the reference letter with job duties from my current employer where I have spent more than 3 years. Not sure if anything else is necessary.

5. Should I merge all the relevant documents for each category before attaching them? For instance, I've a bachelor and master degree that have been evaluated by WES canada. Should I attach the report or scan both the degrees and merge them in one document?

6. Do I need to attach scanned stamped pages of my expired passport with my current one?

Thank you.

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Hi Guys,

Can some of the experienced folks out here answer few questions?

I've received the ITA and have been working on getting the documents. I just have few questions from the application and it will be great if anybody can share your opinion on it.

1. It says to share travel history in last 10 years of countries other than place of birth or residence. Currently, country of residence is US, birth is India and I've traveled several times between the two countries. Do I need to detail and mention all these trips in my application?

2. Do I need get financial letters from all the banks where I've my accounts or just one institution where funds are enough to support the threshold needed as mentioned on CIC?

3. My sibling doesn't have a last name on her passport. Is it okay to put N/A or Not applicable there? Both first name and last name are mandatory fields.

4. As part of the employee details, is there a need to provide paystubs? I've got the reference letter with job duties from my current employer where I have spent more than 3 years. Not sure if anything else is necessary.

5. Should I merge all the relevant documents for each category before attaching them? For instance, I've a bachelor and master degree that have been evaluated by WES canada. Should I attach the report or scan both the degrees and merge them in one document?

6. Do I need to attach scanned stamped pages of my expired passport with my current one?

Thank you.
  1. IMO better to list all entries (stamps) in the passport, I did so
  2. Only one institution where where funds are enough to support the threshold needed by IRCC
  3. Yes, make sure to clearly explain that in the Letter of Explanation (LoE).
  4. Provide everything you have, will help to put in the effort now to find everything possible to avoid delays while they process. Anything specifically asked but not being provided should be clearly explained in the LoE
  5. Yes, one pdf for each upload slot, ensure the pdf is less than 4MB each. Refer my post earlier today : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/uploading-documents-letter-of-explanation.600775/#post-7449061
  6. Yes, all passports within the 10 year window

Reactions: movecanada2019

movecanada2019

Oct 25, 2018
I really appreciate your inputs. I did manage to work on the feedback and have few questions.

1. I wanted to know that what all could be mentioned in Letter of Explanation.

For instance, I'm only stating my current 3+ years experience in Work history since that got me the needed points for the Express Entry and FSW program. I have proper documentation including experience letter with job duties and pay stubs for the same.
However, I've another 4 years experience with other employers and my wife got 4-5 years experience with different employers, all of it we are mentioning in respective personal history. We couldn't get the required documents from all employers. For some, we have experience letters without job duties and others we have pay stubs with no experience letter.

Would you recommend to create one pdf for the latter experience with inconsistent documentation and put all documents for me and spouse in LOE?

2. Another thing, digital photo specs for the eAPR are mentioned as atleast 35*45 mm. Will US standard size photo scan of 2*2 inches ( approx 50*50 mm) works?

3. As requested in the application, banking institution couldn't share the email address or contact information in the letter. Is there a need to scan the business card of the bank manager and put it together with the letter?

Thank you in advance.

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
I really appreciate your inputs. I did manage to work on the feedback and have few questions.

1. I wanted to know that what all could be mentioned in Letter of Explanation.

For instance, I'm only stating my current 3+ years experience in Work history since that got me the needed points for the Express Entry and FSW program. I have proper documentation including experience letter with job duties and pay stubs for the same.
However, I've another 4 years experience with other employers and my wife got 4-5 years experience with different employers, all of it we are mentioning in respective personal history. We couldn't get the required documents from all employers. For some, we have experience letters without job duties and others we have pay stubs with no experience letter.

Would you recommend to create one pdf for the latter experience with inconsistent documentation and put all documents for me and spouse in LOE?

2. Another thing, digital photo specs for the eAPR are mentioned as atleast 35*45 mm. Will US standard size photo scan of 2*2 inches ( approx 50*50 mm) works?

3. As requested in the application, banking institution couldn't share the email address or contact information in the letter. Is there a need to scan the business card of the bank manager and put it together with the letter?

Thank you in advance.
  1. Just mention the other experience in the personal history section and mention in LoE that since you are not claiming CRS points for that experience you have excluded it but included in personal history. Keep the LoE short & crisp.
  2. I would follow what is asked exactly, anything else is opening the doors to avoidable delays
  3. You can add the business card scan, no harm in doing so and may help.
If in doubt err on the side of providing more, less could be problematic. Where ever possible follow instructions as specifically as you can. Good Luck !

Reactions: movecanada2019

movecanada2019

Oct 25, 2018
Thank you for your response. Would you recommend separate pages for each type of explanation in one document for LoE? As you mentioned, LoE for several things did you compose it on different pages or just one document with multiple bullet points and headings.

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Thank you for your response. Would you recommend separate pages for each type of explanation in one document for LoE? As you mentioned, LoE for several things did you compose it on different pages or just one document with multiple bullet points and headings.
Just one document, each item that needs explanation as bullet points. Keep it all under two-three pages.