+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA question after 13th draw regarding uploading documents

Aquarian25

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Hi Asivad,

While uploading my marriage certificate, I found that my wife's last name is same as my family name, instead of her maiden name before marriage. Where as all her documents like Passport, US visa etc. carries her Maiden name. Will it be a problem?

Also her passport does not carry my name as spouse as we did not update her passport with my details after marriage. Infact when I renewed my passport 3 years back, I included her name in my passport but with my family name.

Though she never used her name with my family name anywhere and we have not changed anything officially. So only these 2 documents(my passport & marriage cert.) are in question, where her name is mentioned with my family name rather than maiden name.

I am little scared if that could cause any issues while assessing my application. Please help...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aquarian25 said:
Hi Asivad,

While uploading my marriage certificate, I found that my wife's last name is same as my family name, instead of her maiden name before marriage. Where as all her documents like Passport, US visa etc. carries her Maiden name. Will it be a problem?

Also her passport does not carry my name as spouse as we did not update her passport with my details after marriage. Infact when I renewed my passport 3 years back, I included her name in my passport but with my family name.

Though she never used her name with my family name anywhere and we have not changed anything officially. So only these 2 documents(my passport & marriage cert.) are in question, where her name is mentioned with my family name rather than maiden name.

I am little scared if that could cause any issues while assessing my application. Please help...
The only course of action under these circumstances is to write a nicely drafted LOE which will highlight these discrepancies, apologize for the inconsistency, reinforce that it is the same person (your spouse) even though the names appear differently in different places and politely request the officer to consider the application on its merits.

You can probably consider attaching a notarized affidavit from your spouse insisting that her name appears in multiple ways on documents but it all relates to the same person by highlighting DOB, parents name or some such reference. This might not be needed at all but, short of a legal change of name document, this is the best you can.

jimso101

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad,

I have a query regarding Nomination and Selection section in Application details.

I have provincial nomination but not selected via express entry. Whether this section specifically asks for express entry ?

Whether i should say yes as i have nomination? or should i say no.

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimso101 said:
Hi Asivad,

I have a query regarding Nomination and Selection section in Application details.

I have provincial nomination but not selected via express entry. Whether this section specifically asks for express entry ?

Whether i should say yes as i have nomination? or should i say no.

Thanks
Dicey question. I'm not completely sure if the paper-based application gets onto EE at any point in time.

Probably the answer should be Yes only if you got the additional 600 points. Else, answer No.

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad,

I need help with one thing.

When you get ITA you are again asked to fill up forms with information INCLUDING THAT OF IELTS, Now after that you click CONTINUE and it shows what things to upload.

Currently under IELTS section i have posted details of my old results which got me ITA.

Since i am retaking IELTS, do you think i should wait for my results and post NEW IELTS DETAILS in it and then click continue so it takes in my new scores ?

Or should i click continue with old scores and then upload both new and old scores with a LOE about expiration of results.

I believe i should wait and post new results in this section, what do you say ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
intensecool said:
Hi Asivad,

I need help with one thing.

When you get ITA you are again asked to fill up forms with information INCLUDING THAT OF IELTS, Now after that you click CONTINUE and it shows what things to upload.

Currently under IELTS section i have posted details of my old results which got me ITA.

Since i am retaking IELTS, do you think i should wait for my results and post NEW IELTS DETAILS in it and then click continue so it takes in my new scores ?

Or should i click continue with old scores and then upload both new and old scores with a LOE about expiration of results.

I believe i should wait and post new results in this section, what do you say ?
Funny being asked this despite out disagreement on how you should proceed with the application! ;)

The system allows you to go back and forth between these 2 sections any number of times. Get your latest score, make those edits in the profile, upload the revised IELTS TRF along with an LOE and then move to payment and submission.

All the best!

jimso101

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Dicey question. I'm not completely sure if the paper-based application gets onto EE at any point in time.

Probably the answer should be Yes only if you got the additional 600 points. Else, answer No.
Thanks Asivad.

Can i provide an LOE explaining the same. Or i can go ahead and say no, a bit confused ::)

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Funny being asked this despite out disagreement on how you should proceed with the application! ;)

The system allows you to go back and forth between these 2 sections any number of times. Get your latest score, make those edits in the profile, upload the revised IELTS TRF along with an LOE and then move to payment and submission.

All the best!
I know it is funny this is why i asked this to you :)

I went through the ITA letter, it mentioned the following circumstances when one should decline ITA -

Some examples of changes which could result in a lower points score include:
• You no longer have a valid job offer
• You no longer have a provincial nomination
• Your language test scores have expired or upon re-taking them, the scores are lower.

It means that CIC understands the fact of IELTS expiry and if we do a retake and scores go lower we should reject ITA and if they stay above the level, there is no reason to reject.

And i had a word with another member on forum who submitted fresh results with LOE, here is the reply i got -

I uploaded the new results together with an explanation letter. I received a 2nd aor recently so I'm assuming it was accepted. Smiley
Anyways thanks for your confirmation that we can go back n forth.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimso101 said:
Thanks Asivad.

Can i provide an LOE explaining the same. Or i can go ahead and say no, a bit confused ::)
Seeing that you didn't get those 600 points, answer No. And attach an LOE if you want to explain that further.

jimso101

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Seeing that you didn't get those 600 points, answer No. And attach an LOE if you want to explain that further.
Thanks Asivad.Much appreciated.

Aquarian25

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
The only course of action under these circumstances is to write a nicely drafted LOE which will highlight these discrepancies, apologize for the inconsistency, reinforce that it is the same person (your spouse) even though the names appear differently in different places and politely request the officer to consider the application on its merits.

You can probably consider attaching a notarized affidavit from your spouse insisting that her name appears in multiple ways on documents but it all relates to the same person by highlighting DOB, parents name or some such reference. This might not be needed at all but, short of a legal change of name document, this is the best you can.
Thanks a lot Asivad for your help!!! I will submit an LOE mentioning all the facts and hope that it should be fine.

Mar 18, 2015
Hello Asivad Anac,

I am back again with queries...

In Financial Support Documents, we need to submit the Bank Certificate along with 6 months Statements, right?

There is a list of documents given for those visiting Canada. Does that apply to me?

Kindly guide.

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
kamalforcanada said:
Hello Asivad Anac,

I am back again with queries...

In Financial Support Documents, we need to submit the Bank Certificate along with 6 months Statements, right?

There is a list of documents given for those visiting Canada. Does that apply to me?

Kindly guide.
Hello Kamal,

Bank certificate is more than sufficient BUT make sure you do ask the bank to mention all the things which are required for the purpose.

Best,
K

alinasrinazif

Jul 23, 2015
I received my ITA about one week ago. I have some questions regarding uploading required documents.

Should I include the translation of my "Police Certificate", "Education Diplomas/Degrees" and also pay stubs when I am uploading those documents ?

Also I have a WES Credential Evaluation. Is it necessary to include Transcripts (and their translation) when uploading the documents?

Finally how many pay stubs I have to scan? :) I have worked for more than six years with more than 80 pay stubs! :eek: Are all of them neccessary to be scanned (and maybe translated)?

Thanks in advance.