+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA question after 13th draw regarding uploading documents

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
Hi Asivad,

Looking at the documents required for POF it seems the letter as per CIC specifications is enough.

It seems uploading the bank statements are not required. Just wanted to confirm if in your view this is the correct approach or if I have the bank statements for the last 6 months, load that also.

Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hotshot007 said:
Hi Asivad,

Looking at the documents required for POF it seems the letter as per CIC specifications is enough.

It seems uploading the bank statements are not required. Just wanted to confirm if in your view this is the correct approach or if I have the bank statements for the last 6 months, load that also.

Thanks.
No need to upload statements showing account credits and debits. Just the certificate in the format required by CIC.

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Hi Asivad,

I received ITA in the last draw and I am in the process of completing the application. I have read in this forum that one has to submit average balance for 6 months and current balance. However, my document check list says:

If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile.

Your financial profile includes a listing of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts. The official letter must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include your name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the account numbers, dates of when each account was opened and the balance of each account over the previous 6 months.

Does this mean an average balance or balance per month for the past 6 months. If it is average balance, will it be sum of all the daily balances for the past six month divided by the no of days?

Thank you

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dupsy21 said:
Hi Asivad,

I received ITA in the last draw and I am in the process of completing the application. I have read in this forum that one has to submit average balance for 6 months and current balance. However, my document check list says:

If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile.

Your financial profile includes a listing of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts. The official letter must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include your name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the account numbers, dates of when each account was opened and the balance of each account over the previous 6 months.

Does this mean an average balance or balance per month for the past 6 months. If it is average balance, will it be sum of all the daily balances for the past six month divided by the no of days?

Thank you
Banks calculate average balance differently for different purposes. What CIC is keen on knowing is, regardless of how your bank calculates average balances, whether there is a large difference between your account balance today and average balance over the last 6 months. If there is a significant difference, that would indicate an influx of funds recently which might indicate the presence of borrowed monies. That is all CIC wants to know.

So ignore the technicalities and just ask your bank to give 2 numbers - Balance as on date of statement and Average account balance in last 6 months (whichever way the can calculate this). If there is a huge difference between the 2 numbers, you have to convince CIC that these funds are unencumbered. Provide whatever evidence you can towards that.

Hope this clarifies. All the best!

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Thanks Asivad for the prompt response.

Please, I have another question. For a family of 3, I have a balance of about £10000 (£9300 is the required amount) and the average balance is about £7600 as I saved the money over 6 months. From your own opinion, do you think this might raise any question?

Asivad Anac said:
Banks calculate average balance differently for different purposes. What CIC is keen on knowing is, regardless of how your bank calculates average balances, whether there is a large difference between your account balance today and average balance over the last 6 months. If there is a significant difference, that would indicate an influx of funds recently which might indicate the presence of borrowed monies. That is all CIC wants to know.

So ignore the technicalities and just ask your bank to give 2 numbers - Balance as on date of statement and Average account balance in last 6 months (whichever way the can calculate this). If there is a huge difference between the 2 numbers, you have to convince CIC that these funds are unencumbered. Provide whatever evidence you can towards that.

Hope this clarifies. All the best!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dupsy21 said:
Thanks Asivad for the prompt response.

Please, I have another question. For a family of 3, I have a balance of about £10000 (£9300 is the required amount) and the average balance is about £7600 as I saved the money over 6 months. From your own opinion, do you think this might raise any question?
This should be fine as the difference is less than 25%. If you want to be extra careful, you can include any documentation that you might have to prove that these are your funds which were saved in anticipation of POF.

faxismile

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Asivad,
Thanks for your earlier correspondence, can I remove or ignore to send my wifes work experience letter in my profile, I am not claiming points for her work experience. will this in anyway hamper my application.
Same thing goes for her Bsc degree. I didn't claim any points for them.
Thanks.

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Thank you so much Asivad. you have been so helpful.

Asivad Anac said:
This should be fine as the difference is less than 25%. If you want to be extra careful, you can include any documentation that you might have to prove that these are your funds which were saved in anticipation of POF.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faxismile said:
Hello Asivad,
Thanks for your earlier correspondence, can I remove or ignore to send my wifes work experience letter in my profile, I am not claiming points for her work experience. will this in anyway hamper my application.
Same thing goes for her Bsc degree. I didn't claim any points for them.
Thanks.
If anything in your profile isn't helping you gain CRS points and/or program eligibility, you can remove it pre or post ITA. You won't be asked for relevant documentation after you remove these items.

CIC insists on full disclosure in personal history, marital status, family information etc and not on education history and work history.

faxismile

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One last question,
Can I use work experience letters for previous jobs which i got a year ago when i was doing FSWP application. Will those letters be sufficient or i need to get new ones. Luckily they were addressed to whom it may concern.
Thanks.

EMJ

Jul 20, 2015
hi all..

I got my ITA last week.I have now scheduled an appointment for my medical check-up.They have asked me to bring along a copy of my ITA document as proof.However, the ITA form doesn't mention my wife's name or that she is a dependent.So what should i provide to show them that I am the principle applicant and that my wife is a dependent since the medical checkup has to be done for my wife as well.
Appreciate ur help plz.......

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faxismile said:
One last question,
Can I use work experience letters for previous jobs which i got a year ago when i was doing FSWP application. Will those letters be sufficient or i need to get new ones. Luckily they were addressed to whom it may concern.
Thanks.
Those would work just fine.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EMJ said:
hi all..

I got my ITA last week.I have now scheduled an appointment for my medical check-up.They have asked me to bring along a copy of my ITA document as proof.However, the ITA form doesn't mention my wife's name or that she is a dependent.So what should i provide to show them that I am the principle applicant and that my wife is a dependent since the medical checkup has to be done for my wife as well.
Appreciate ur help plz.......
Your passport and spouse's passport would work if that includes your name already. Else take any other proof of marriage which you submitted to CIC.

faxismile

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pls Asivad,
What are your thoughts on this issue. My current job which gave me a letter of reference, on exactly 7th of April 2015, but was also addressed to federal skilled worker, can I use it or best apply for another one. Applying for another one has a lot of protocols involved.
Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faxismile said:
Pls Asivad,
What are your thoughts on this issue. My current job which gave me a letter of reference, on exactly 7th of April 2015, but was also addressed to federal skilled worker, can I use it or best apply for another one. Applying for another one has a lot of protocols involved.
Thanks.
It can be used for EE as well. It is still a valid reference letter.