VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ntwkengg said:
Hi ASIVAD,

Few more questions from my end:

Hi Asivad,

1) During my studies and also during my job in Canada, I traveled to my home country for 2 weeks both the time. So do I have to include that timelines in Personal history questions that they ask before the checklist: Mention personal history for last ten years section....

You can choose to show the short trip or skip it.

2) Do we have to include NOC code in the job reference letter? (Is it mandatory)

Not mandatory.

3) Also do we have to attach a business card of employer who is signing for that job reference letter? (Is it mandatory) I am asking this because my Director's business card has different name than the name on my reference letter. He uses his nick name on his business card as people better know him by that name.
So what should I do? Should I include this business card?

Not mandatory. In this case, leave it out . Will need an LOE as well, not worth the effort.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Asivad. So I will skip including business card....

Also if required I can still change my job reference letter to include NOC code. So please let me know what you did for your application?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ntwkengg said:
Thanks Asivad. So I will skip including business card....

Also if required I can still change my job reference letter to include NOC code. So please let me know what you did for your application?
Not necessary at all. If it isn't too much of a hassle getting this from your Canadian employer, you can do this. Else go with what you have now. Won't be s make or break thing.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Not necessary at all. If it isn't too much of a hassle getting this from your Canadian employer, you can do this. Else go with what you have now. Won't be s make or break thing.
Thanks again
Asivad.... Lastly can you please reply to my que in another thread....

Thanks for the help....

satya.mnf

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Quick question - Can we still make changes to our personal details after receiving ITA? I can only see "View Forms" in the option.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satya.mnf said:
Quick question - Can we still make changes to our personal details after receiving ITA? I can only see "View Forms" in the option.
You can't edit your original MyCIC profile but you can make edits in your post ITA profile provided those edits don't affect your program eligibility and/or CRS points.

satya.mnf

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Thank you! There is also a "Start Again" icon on the top. If I click on it, it will prompt me to start all over? I might need that because there is no return/back icon by which I can once again check my previous selections.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satya.mnf said:
Thank you! There is also a "Start Again" icon on the top. If I click on it, it will prompt me to start all over? I might need that because there is no return/back icon by which I can once again check my previous selections.
Don't remember each button but here's how the process goes.

When you get the ITA, another application open up in your MyCIC profile and your original application is now frozen. Now you work on this application - remember that you have already accepted your ITA by now. Now you have 60 days to complete this new application, upload required documents, transmit information, pay fees and submit. At any point of time in those 60 days, you can decline your ITA as well. If you don't submit in 60 days, it will lapse on its own.

You can work on the profile throughout those 60 days jumping back and forth between multiple screens of the new application including document upload screen. Though I haven't tried it, you might be able to re-transmit data as well (I'm not sure of this at all though).

Hope somewhere in all this, I answered the 'Start Again' button. If not, tell me exactly where you see this by PM'ing a screenshot if you want.

All the best!

satya.mnf

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Thank you friend. Highly appreciate your response.

Just one more thing, as I mentioned earlier I can still view forms for the the fields I completed. Strangely, it states "not started" with a lock sign next to my and my wife's "personal details" but for all other fields it says "transmitted". Not sure why that is.

Check status and messages --> View submitted application

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satya.mnf said:
Thank you friend. Highly appreciate your response.

Just one more thing, as I mentioned earlier I can still view forms for the the fields I completed. Strangely, it states "not started" with a lock sign next to my and my wife's "personal details" but for all other fields it says "transmitted". Not sure why that is.

Check status and messages --> View submitted application
Yet again, not sure. But it appears you are still looking at your old pre-ITA profile. You will have to start working on the post-ITA profile.

Remember that your pre-ITA profile is now frozen - you can't edit that.

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question concerning my education history.. is it necessary to upload certificates and transcripts for all the degrees i have mentioned or it is enough to upload the documents concerning my ECA? .. i'm getting worry that they might reject my application because i didn't upload everything mentioned in my education history thought i did not claim points for them.. please advise me ... thanks a lot

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
White knight 22 said:
I have a question concerning my education history.. is it necessary to upload certificates and transcripts for all the degrees i have mentioned or it is enough to upload the documents concerning my ECA? .. i'm getting worry that they might reject my application because i didn't upload everything mentioned in my education history thought i did not claim points for them.. please advise me ... thanks a lot
If you did not claim points for them and still mentioned those qualifications, the system would've probably asked for those qualifications as well. Which is why it is important to mention only those credentials for which you have an ECA done already.

No harm done as you were able to submit your application and hopefully CIC will notice on their own that these credentials do not add anything to your application and ignore the missing documents.

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
If you did not claim points for them and still mentioned those qualifications, the system would've probably asked for those qualifications as well. Which is why it is important to mention only those credentials for which you have an ECA done already.

No harm done as you were able to submit your application and hopefully CIC will notice on their own that these credentials do not add anything to your application and ignore the missing documents.
thanks Asivad for ur advise.. actually it would generate another problem which is how to fill those gaps in personal history while i was doing those studies ? what do you think ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
White knight 22 said:
thanks Asivad for ur advise.. actually it would generate another problem which is how to fill those gaps in personal history while i was doing those studies ? what do you think ?
Personal history has to be gap-free and CIC requires full disclosure here. The same doesn't apply to work history and education history.

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Hi Asivad,

I received ITA in the last draw and I am in the process of completing the application. I have read in this forum that one has to submit average balance for 6 months and current balance. However, my document check list says:

If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile.

Your financial profile includes a listing of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts. The official letter must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include your name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the account numbers, dates of when each account was opened and the balance of each account over the previous 6 months.

Does this mean an average balance or balance per month for the past 6 months. If it is average balance, will it be sum of all the daily balances for the past six month divided by the no of days?