+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA - Name Variations in documents

sam_vir

Apr 27, 2017
when it says First Name(s) it is asking for ‘first and middle name’. I forgot to put in my middle name in my whole profile (EE profile before ITA), however, and it's a locked field now; I can't edit pre-ITA (information provided while creating profile ) form now, in POST ITA form i have update my first name as 'First name middle name' using Modify family information, I can see its updated first name correctly in Post ITA form, But it did not updated in Pre-ITA form .
will it create any problem? how do i deal with this situation? Is it OK to provide one and same person affidavit and explain it in LOE
Also can you please share sample LOE

appreciate your help

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
In same situation but I have selected No as name change as this isssue is not related to change of name its just using your ful or half name thats why I selected no and will give explanation and as well as affidavit on LOE

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
sam_vir said:
HI Alizaidi ,
did get the Affidavit and if you dont mind ,can you tell me what you have put LOE.
Have not prepared the LOE yet but will write something like this:

My name on educational and some work documents is not FULL just the given name . However, my FULL Name is in CNIC/ PASSPORT and all other documents. Therefore, I am attaching the affidavit below:

*INSERT AFFIDAVIT*

I am planning to give explanations in first page and attach supporting documents like affidavits etc in pther pages and will create one pdf file as LOE

sam_vir

Apr 27, 2017
One dumb question , do we get affidavit from immigration lawyer or is there other way to get it quick?

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
sam_vir said:
One dumb question , do we get affidavit from immigration lawyer or is there other way to get it quick?
In Pakistan, there are so many places where these notary public guys sit and they attest, make affidavits and transate documents etc etc no need for any special immigration lawer i guess.

rxyz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Hey guys,
I am living in US. Can I just write an affidavits myself and sign it ? or do I need to go to lawyer/police?

KMSF

Apr 22, 2017
I started ITA application and have the following question:
Do you used any other name ?? -- My wife didnt had surname earlier(old passport), she got a new passport with my surname added. so do i need to answer yes and what supporting documents do i need to provide..

Old Passport Surname is BLANK
New Passport Surname -- Added..

WES credentials are as per new passport. but her old passport has some visa stamps & even the marriage certificate doesnt have surname.

Thanks

Nitewalker

Oct 2, 2014
I am having the same issue where on my degrees only my Given Name is mentioned along with my Father Name. I am also getting an one and only Affidavit.

For my Wife Name change after marriage I got an affidavit however there is another issue I am facing on her Marriage Certificate only her first name is written should I get an other affidavit just for the marriage certificate.

Thanks

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
One and the same person affidavit.
Hi DelPiero, my father has only one name "xxxxx". In CIC website it says in this case to leave first name blank and put the name in the last name section. But the first name field is mandatory in the family section under personal details and it doesn't allow blank. I tried a space, but it does not accept that either for the first name. Can you please help and let me know what to enter here?

This is the link on the CIC website (which doesn't help in this case because blank is not accepted):
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4
What do you mean by surname?
Your surname is your family name. It is also called your “last name.” When filling out applications, type your surname as it appears on your passport, travel or identity document.

Do not use initials.

If you do not have a family name on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field and leave the given name field blank. Do not enter “Not applicable,” “*” or “NA.”

ZionCanadahopeful

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-01-2019
Med's Done....
29-02-2019
Passport Req..
01-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2019
LANDED..........
16-05-2019
Hey guys,
I am living in US. Can I just write an affidavits myself and sign it ? or do I need to go to lawyer/police?
Hi
Can you please let me know what did you do. I am also in US. I see that you have received PPR. I am submitting my documents post ITA. My education certificates do not expand my lastname it only has initial.

Like AAAAA K
all other documents have my last name expanded like AAAA KKKKK

Did you write one and same name document and sign yourself to upload ? Or did you get any kind of notarization

Last edited:

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
Hi
Can you please let me know what did you do. I am also in US. I see that you have received PPR. I am submitting my documents post ITA. My education certificates do not expand my lastname it only has initial.

Like AAAAA K
all other documents have my last name expanded like AAAA KKKKK

Did you write one and same name document and sign yourself to upload ? Or did you get any kind of notarization
Hey @ZionCanadahopeful , what did you do for your 'one and same name document'? I am in US too. Where did you get it and who signed it?
Thanks.

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
Its option 6. My wife faced this same issue. She chose option 6 and submitted a one and the same person affidavit which mentioned all her different names as it appeared in Passport, Educational Documents and WES ECA... This should do the job.. we faced no issues in our application..
Any idea about the format of this 'one and the same person affidavit'? I found few templates online, not sure if it is sufficient. More importantly, who should sign it? is it printed on simple paper? etc
Thanks.