+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA - Medicals - High Blood Pressure

Ishankohli

Jun 19, 2018
Hello everyone,

I did my upfront medical exam in a different state than the state I live in US. The blood pressure was high (150/110) but the panel physician didn't do ECG or any other additional tests. But, now they are saying I need to see a Cardiologist and get a report from him regarding the high blood pressure and get tests done if recommended by him. Other than that, they can't submit my e-medical. Now my question is:
1. Can I get an appointment from any regular cardiologist or he/she should be a panel physician set by IRCC?
2. What tests are usually done in this case and how much would be the cost in US?
1. I'm not sure if you get it from any regular cardiologist, I got mine done from recommended one ... But I've read somewhere that you can get it done from anywhere.

2.considering your creatinine is fine ... Cardiologist will check your bp again , ask you about medical history them recommend you further tests ... The usual ones they recommend are ECG, 2dimentional ECHO test, Treadmill Test .

Ishankohli

Jun 19, 2018
1. I'm not sure if you get it from any regular cardiologist, I got mine done from recommended one ... But I've read somewhere that you can get it done from anywhere.

2.considering your creatinine is fine ... Cardiologist will check your bp again , ask you about medical history them recommend you further tests ... The usual ones they recommend are ECG, 2dimentional ECHO test, Treadmill Test .
Check this thread this might help you

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/medicals-for-express-entry-high-blood-pressure.510797/

ziszee

Oct 18, 2018

Hi, Thank you for the quick response. Do you know how much do these tests cost usually in US?

ziszee

Oct 18, 2018
Hi, Thank you for the quick response. Do you know how much do these tests cost usually in US?
Hi, do I need to mention about the cardiologist visit and test done by him on my LOE while submitting E-APR? The panel physician has successfully uploaded e-medical including the cardiologist report. Do I need to mention this on my LOE or not? Thanks.

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
Hi Guys

This is for Super visa . my Mother in law did her medicals. Her Bp was 150/90 so the physician suggested to undergo echo and stress test. The echo and stress were normal. Will this be an issue. Agnt help is much appreciated

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
I am an applicant with hypertension noted in my medical exam file. It’s not a big deal, my friend! Don’t be overly anxious!

xs2vdeepak

Jul 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2018
Nomination.....
05-09-2018