Interview........
na
Passport Req..
Submitted with file
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2014
LANDED..........
02-01-2015
After getting approval online, how long does it take to get the permit in mail?

DanialArifRauf

Jan 12, 2016
Quick question:

I've read that you must apply for PNP within the 2 years of the date of your graduation. If my employer has submitted a pre screening form, does that count as applying for PNP? What if I'm waiting for the pre screening, and my times up?

Thanks in advance.

Sapphire!

Star Member
Aug 5, 2014
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
7.5(L-8.5,R-8.5,W-6.5,S-7)
File Transfer...
02-12-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2014
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
Submitted with file
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2014
LANDED..........
02-01-2015
Bend said:
Hey Sapphire, I got mine in four to five business days. Hope this helps.
Thank you for your answer.

Sapphire!

Star Member
Aug 5, 2014
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
7.5(L-8.5,R-8.5,W-6.5,S-7)
File Transfer...
02-12-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2014
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
Submitted with file
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2014
LANDED..........
02-01-2015
I just checked my cic account. It says:

Application/profile status Closed
Final decision This application has been approved

I haven't received any email yet. Hope to receive it soon. :) :D

TTM652

Nov 25, 2016
Hello,

I have completed my Master's in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Manitoba and I am going to apply for PGWP. My husband is also a PGWP holder. Our PR application is in the process now. We got our MPNP nomination last year (husband primary applicant).

I am facing problem while filling up the PGWP application form IMM 5710. There is a question that "Have you been issued a certificate under the provincial nominee program?" I am wondering what should be the answer for me "Yes" or "No". Because generally in MPNP nomination certificate there is no spouse name. Only principle applicant name is stated there.

Anybody faced similar type of problem?

Can anyone help me?

Ush

Aug 9, 2016
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
B
App. Filed.......
06-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Bend said:
Thank you JA.SM. I will :) I have applied online and inside Canada too. I hope it does JA.SM.
Hi Bend
My husband is going to apply closed work permit extension.he has received AINP 2 days back.i'm in India,can i apply PGWP along wih him ?
please sugget me

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Ush said:
Hi Bend
My husband is going to apply closed work permit extension.he has received AINP 2 days back.i'm in India,can i apply PGWP along wih him ?
please sugget me
Hey Ush, I have limited idea about this. However, what I understand is that PGWP is only for graduate students, i.e. those who have a valid study permit at the time of their application and have completed their graduate studies. The school must be a designated learning institute and the duration of this permit granted would depend on the length of studies undertaken in Canada.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can apply for spouse open work permit. pgwp is for students who studied from canada.
Bend said:
Hey Ush, I have limited idea about this. However, what I understand is that PGWP is only for graduate students, i.e. those who have a valid study permit at the time of their application and have completed their graduate studies. The school must be a designated learning institute and the duration of this permit granted would depend on the length of studies undertaken in Canada.

Sepide

May 16, 2017
Hi all,

I just finished my PhD and I applied for PGWP 2 days ago. My study permit is expiring on July 30 (3 days from now). I tried to extend my health insurance but they asked me for an application number. The only thing CIC has sent me so far is a receipt of payment and there is no application number on it.
Could you guys advise how to get the application number so I can extend my healthcare before my study permit expires?

One more question, in the application documents, it didn't ask me to upload my study permit, so if they come back and ask after my study permit expires, what's gonna happen? Because I applied before it expires but I didn't upload it as a document.

Thanks,
Sepide

Last edited:

Cynthia93

Jul 18, 2016
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra VFS
App. Filed.......
16/09/2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
13/01/2017
Med's Done....
18/01/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Already Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
26/01/2017
LANDED..........
22/04/2017
Hi all,

I just finished my PhD and I applied for PGWP 2 days ago. My study permit is expiring on July 30 (3 days from now). I tried to extend my health insurance but they asked me for an application number. The only thing CIC has sent me so far is a receipt of payment and there is no application number on it.
Could you guys advise how to get the application number so I can extend my healthcare before my study permit expires?

One more question, in the application documents, it didn't ask me to upload my study permit, so if they come back and ask after my study permit expires, what's gonna happen? Because I applied before it expires but I didn't upload it as a document.

Thanks,
Sepideh
You can use the IRCC Web form and send your study permit