+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) current actual processing time

Ehsan_UW

Nov 19, 2015
I applied on May 16 for PGWP and no update so far. I have not even got a message for the additional $100 fee. I have called CIC several times but they just ask to be patient. MPs are still in transition, so I can not ask for help either. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Scott2015

Oct 27, 2015
Ehsan_UW said:
I applied on May 16 for PGWP and no update so far. I have not even got a message for the additional $100 fee. I have called CIC several times but they just ask to be patient. MPs are still in transition, so I can not ask for help either. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
No updates at all? Not even the blank update where you receive an email from CIC w/o any actual changes made to the application?

I got my blank update on August 4th, Called CIC on October 19th and asked if I could be sent the prompt to pay the additional $100 (I wouldn't have known to do that if it weren't for this forum!!). It took 2 weeks to receive the $100 bill which I paid and re-submitted that same day.

Did you specifically ask the agent to send you the $100 bill?

Ehsan_UW

Nov 19, 2015
Yes, I have received those fake update notifications a few times. My account page shows the application is still open and no decision is made. I asked them couple of times to send the extra $100 bill. Every time same answer, be patient!

Nina B

Oct 23, 2015
Ehsan_UW said:
Yes, I have received those fake update notifications a few times. My account page shows the application is still open and no decision is made. I asked them couple of times to send the extra $100 bill. Every time same answer, be patient!
I highly recommend you to pay $100 through CSE

concerned imm

Nov 21, 2015
I applied for my work permit on June 27 and i am still waiting for the approval. Is anyone experiencing the same problem ? i cant get hold the CIC folks

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
concerned imm said:
I applied for my work permit on June 27 and i am still waiting for the approval. Is anyone experiencing the same problem ? i cant get hold the CIC folks
yeah, lots of people from april, may, and june while july and september breeze by. i'm still waiting- applied on June 26th. here's the page for those people:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/lets-share-timeline-pgwp-march-applicant-t284967.2535.html

kennykay

Nov 23, 2015
Hi all. Is there anyone in my unique position?I applied for PGWP on 1st of June 2015 but i applied with a passport expiring in September.When i got a new passport, i uploaded it through the CSE on November 1st.Meanwhile CIC did not request for any further document nor send any message since June.Can the late submission of the new passport affect my chances especially when according to CIC work has not started on my file?Any advice will be appreciated.

MMPL

Nov 24, 2015
I done my 2 years study in CANADA. And After that I apply for my PGWP. I got my work permit. But situation is I got only 1 year and 8 month work permit. I check and found that after 1 year and 8 month my passport is getting expired. As per CIC rules I am eligible to get 3 years work permit. In this case what should I have to do? Is any one have same situation?

Milanp2512

Nov 27, 2015
Hello people,

I am in bit of a situation here.

I applied for my PGWP on 21st May 2015, during application it was 68 days( i don't remember exact days but was around 70) and now the dates are way passed my application date.

Unfortunately i am still awaiting my permit till date and its been more than 6 months, i don't know if anyone has encountered or heard someone with similar situation now or before.

I called CIC after my dates were passed for processing, they said they have my file under review and ask me to wait for a month.
That conversation with CIC was month ago, and haven't received any kind of updates or email from immigration.

I don't know what could be the reason for review, i had submitted all relevant documents.

If anyone have any suggestions or similar story than please lighten it.

I have lost lots of good opportunities because of this status.

Please let me know what can be done and can i call CIC regularly for asking for update if that doesn't make anything worse for my application.

Thank you.

thanuxxi

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
Husband got his PGWP approved yesterday =) =) =)
Applied on August 2nd

kwokshing

Jan 27, 2015
Well, I applied on 11th of September, still heard nothing from CIC. However, one of my friend who applied 1 or 2 day before me. She already got her PGWP by late

What is really going on in the office?

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
kwokshing said:
Well, I applied on 11th of September, still heard nothing from CIC. However, one of my friend who applied 1 or 2 day before me. She already got her PGWP by late

What is really going on in the office?
People from April, May, and June are still waiting... so at least the July onwards people are getting processed timely! It's such a mess.

Nas_AA

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Hey there,

So I have applied for a PGWP on Nov 12th and I am currently waiting. My extended study permits ends on 31st of Dec and my SIN number was already expired. I didn't bother to renew it cause I didn't work while studying.

I am currently worried cause I got couple of jobs lining up and I am afraid to tell them that I need another 2 months to be able to work. So my question is, Can I start working after my study permit ends while I am on Implied status ? If not can I apply for another study permit extension even though I already applied for my PGWP ?

One last thing, just incase I wanted to start working before 31st of December, will they accept to renew my sin knowing it will expire couple of weeks after ?

Thanks,

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
still waiting, applied on dec 25, 2015

just a question, are they processing the PGWP of those people who have higher grades first?