+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) current actual processing time

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
samroc said:
Hi Everyone, I applied for a PGWP on September 10th. I got an email just now (Sunday night) that my application has been updated but when I logged in, there was nothing new. Anybody have a similar experience?
Yeah, just means that an officer has opened your application.. don't get too excited, I got two of those so far and I am a June applicant, still waiting for the approval :(

NaomiA

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
samroc said:
Hi Everyone, I applied for a PGWP on September 10th. I got an email just now (Sunday night) that my application has been updated but when I logged in, there was nothing new. Anybody have a similar experience?
I got the same email. Applied September 03.

But no updates when I logged into MyCIC.

mkeu

Nov 10, 2015
I applied in May 28th and still waiting.

The agent told me that I may only expect it to be done by Dec 2nd. :eek:

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
mkeu said:
I applied in May 28th and still waiting.

The agent told me that I may only expect it to be done by Dec 2nd. :eek:
Hi mkeu, did you contact your MP? The agent told me December 1st too, but my MP's office is saying 1-2 weeks. I'm waiting for a call back from the MP's office today to get some clarity on this matter. I applied in June. If you applied in May, surely your MP should help push it forward. Good luck.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
mkeu said:
Thanks for letting me know, but what did you mean by MP?
Your Member of Parliament's local office. That is what everyone who's applications are delayed has been doing, because the MP's office can get more info about our file than we can when we call CIC. And if the MP is really helpful, they help push it forward. For info, please go to the Foreign Worker's section and look for the thread - "Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant". It is where the majority of PGWP applicants are discussing their timelines and any information relating to the application..

tuxiaobao

Oct 31, 2015
mets15 said:
Your Member of Parliament's local office. That is what everyone who's applications are delayed has been doing, because the MP's office can get more info about our file than we can when we call CIC. And if the MP is really helpful, they help push it forward. For info, please go to the Foreign Worker's section and look for the thread - "Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant". It is where the majority of PGWP applicants are discussing their timelines and any information relating to the application..
How did you contact the MP? I just googled the MP in my place and it came out the person and all his contact info. Should I just call him and ask about the PGWP thing? Are they in charge of these things?

Nov 13, 2015
mets15 said:
Yeah, just means that an officer has opened your application.. don't get too excited, I got two of those so far and I am a June applicant, still waiting for the approval :(
Hi, i applied for the PGWP in June 26, but i am also still waiting for the approval. The cic website said that the they are Working on applications submitted on July 05!!!
does this mean i am refused ?

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied on september 25, 2015. still waiting

edit: just checked now, it said Updated! but no new information.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
tuxiaobao said:
How did you contact the MP? I just googled the MP in my place and it came out the person and all his contact info. Should I just call him and ask about the PGWP thing? Are they in charge of these things?
Hey there,

Yes I called, they had me fax them a consent form to find out info for me. I even visited personally on Friday. I actually saw my MP there working lol. Didn't expect that. But definitely reach out to the MP, they can get more detailed info than CIC will give to us. Good luck.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
lovecanadalol000 said:
Hi, i applied for the PGWP in June 26, but i am also still waiting for the approval. The cic website said that the they are Working on applications submitted on July 05!!!
does this mean i am refused ?
Hi, I also applied on that day! I am still waiting but my application was approved on October 20th. My officer just did not officially approve it that day, made a note to go back and do it in the next 6 weeks :'(

I don't know why he would do that. Anyways, CIC call agents have confirmed that for me as well as my MP's office. So now I am just waiting for him to hit the approve button. My MP's office confidently says it will happen this week so let's see.. Good luck!

Scott2015

Oct 27, 2015
Happy to hear it, tuxiabao!!

I was about to follow up with CIC this morning, but got approved today as well! It's been 188 days.

Applied: May 15th
Blank Update: Aug 4th
$100 requested: Nov 4
Approved: Nov 18
Received in mail: ???

pursuitcanada

Jul 29, 2015
samroc said:
Even I had similar experience... I had applied on Aug 20.. When I logged in to check there were no updates.
Its a very bad system and very hard to get hold of CIC folks.