+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) current actual processing time

Divi707

Sep 19, 2014
Hi Iam doing IBM in Ontario and my course will be ending this December

I need a advice on which course to take in January so that i can get 3 yr work Visa

and also which provice has easy PR rules for students

thanuxxi

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
Hey everyone.
I understand that one can continue to work with an application for PGWP, until a decision is made.

I also understand that my husband can not apply for my OWP along with his PGWP until he has a job (NOC 0, A, B).

My situation is: my husband is about to finish his co-op and the company is willing to extend his contract. However, at this point, they will only do it for only another month. He is a production accountant, which is the required NOC.

Would a one-month contract be enough for him to apply for my OWP at the same time?

If no, what happens if he gets a job in the meantime and his application is still being processed? How can we proceed with my OWP?

Thank you

FN111

Jul 9, 2015
I called CIC to confirm my PGWP status (applied on May 3rd). According to the agent, I will have to pay another $100 as I previously paid $155. Also, this will further delay the process as well. Is there anyone who has also paid $155 and now waiting for the response? Would it be okay if I just go ahead and pay $100 now rather than waiting to avoid further delay?

Plus, is there a way to renew my driver's license before I get the PGWP. I am working in an area not accessible through public transportation and my driver license is expiring in couple of days. If anyone can guide that will be great.

marathongirl

Jul 31, 2015
Hi guys!

This is my first post in here - I am currently waiting on my PGWP - I applied on May 28th, and am still waiting (July 31st!). My study permit is now about to expire, and from what Jubear has said in previous posts, we can still work once it has expired (?? correct?!).

My question is - I am only due to be with my current employer for another month - if I get a new job in the meantime - am I allowed to do that? Like change jobs?

Thanks for any help, and good luck everyone with their waiting times.

MyCrowley

Jul 8, 2015
marathongirl said:
Hi guys!

This is my first post in here - I am currently waiting on my PGWP - I applied on May 28th, and am still waiting (July 31st!). My study permit is now about to expire, and from what Jubear has said in previous posts, we can still work once it has expired (?? correct?!).

My question is - I am only due to be with my current employer for another month - if I get a new job in the meantime - am I allowed to do that? Like change jobs?

You can't switch employer while you are waiting in implied status. can't post link so just google service canada employers expiry and click the first link.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marathongirl said:
Hi guys!

Marathongirl,

Stay putt until you get your PGWP.

Cheers!

marathongirl

Jul 31, 2015
Hi- Thanks MyCrowley and Jubear for your responses.... I'm kind of worried now, as I only have a month to go with this employer!

I contacted an immigration lawyer - he said that because the previous work permit (i.e. study permit) was open and the one I am applying for is open as well (i.e PGQWP), I can switch employers whilst I'm waiting.

I'm hearing so much conflicting information!

Just going to cross my fingers and hope that the permit comes through SOON!!!

MyCrowley

Jul 8, 2015
marathongirl said:
Hi- Thanks MyCrowley and Jubear for your responses.... I'm kind of worried now, as I only have a month to go with this employer!

I contacted an immigration lawyer - he said that because the previous work permit (i.e. study permit) was open and the one I am applying for is open as well (i.e PGQWP), I can switch employers whilst I'm waiting.

I'm hearing so much conflicting information!

Just going to cross my fingers and hope that the permit comes through SOON!!!
I hope your lawyer is right, but the FAQ Service Canada posts on their website specifically stated "You must see the employee's existing immigration document authorizing him or her to work in Canada (e.g. work permit, study permit) and verify that it has not expired." while implied status doesn't come with a document.

and that's why we suggest you stick to your current employer.

Cheers~ and wish our PGWP come sooner.

marathongirl

Jul 31, 2015
MyCrowley

That would seem to indicate then that you need a valid study permit to be able to (still) work whilst on implied status? But we can continue to work once the study permit's expired, right?

MyCrowley

Jul 8, 2015
marathongirl said:
MyCrowley

That would seem to indicate then that you need a valid study permit to be able to (still) work whilst on implied status? But we can continue to work once the study permit's expired, right?
No it doesn't. see the second section. if it's extending a contract, the SIN / permit can be expired. as long as the employee is in implied status.

Awesome7

Jun 6, 2015
Deepicka said:
PGWP applied on 5th May with $155 ... It's been forever waiting a response :(
Yup, and the days have increased to 106 days and still on applications submitted on April 8.

MunnaReddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I first of all would like to thank you all for your valuable suggestions ;D. Below are my application details, please consider adding me to waiting list. Did anyone that you know applied in May got application approval?

Application Date: May 25TH 2015
Paid: $255.00
Updates: 2 Email (Stating no updates on application)

Sincerely/Munna

Awesome7

Jun 6, 2015
MunnaReddy said:
Hello Everyone,

I first of all would like to thank you all for your valuable suggestions ;D. Below are my application details, please consider adding me to waiting list. Did anyone that you know applied in May got application approval?

Application Date: May 25TH 2015
Paid: $255.00
Updates: 2 Email (Stating no updates on application)

Sincerely/Munna
Hey Munna

Check out this other PGWP forum if you want to be listed:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/lets-share-timeline-pgwp-march-applicant-t284967.540.html