Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) current actual processing time

MunnaReddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Awesome7 said:
Hey Munna

Check out this other PGWP forum if you want to be listed:
Awesome,

Thank You! Good to know, I am not alone. You applied on May 5th and didn't receive any response? Did you get email requesting to pay the balance? Hold On Be Strong Mate!

Sincerely/Munna

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone recently tried going to the US-Canada border and flagpole to get the permit?

Submitted late June, but employer wants to know for sure that I have it before removing conditions on the job offer. Although tried explaining that the PGSWP allows you to work while waiting for the final approval, they are a bit uneasy about that.

Thanks.

johnnyjames

Aug 5, 2015
Well, I have a question related to PGWP.

I am going to apply this two weeks later. Just wondering is there any reason that cic will reject it? I have no criminal record and I know exactly all the rules that CIC asked but I am still a little worried about it. The thing bothers me is that I was back to my home country for 1 month during a study-term, the stamps that showing the boarding record is on my passport and it is request in the application. does anyone know if this matters? my mark is good, over 80%, but I have left for 1 month during a study term...I am really worried :eek:

vikkthom

Aug 7, 2015
pokeyoke_info said:
Nandini, What was the time frame when you applied? You can always get an e mail from CIC mentioning your UCI & name saying you are eligible to hold a full-time offer.

As I hold a full-time position at the moment and I am yet to inform my HR, but I do have an email from CIC that clearly says we are eligible to hold a full-time position.
how did you got an email from cic. is it done through case specific enquiry? can you please explain. i tried a lot & only recieved automated replies.

aacan

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
Nomination.....
01-09-2016
AOR Received.
07-02-2017
Med's Request
24-01-2019
Med's Done....
25-01-2019
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2019
LANDED..........
03-04-2019
Hello folks,

I applied May 18... and still waiting.

Seems like the processing time keeps increasing while the processed documents are standing still!

sailor2704

Aug 8, 2015
Hi,

What is the procedure to get an email from CIC mentioning the UCI and that we are allowed to hold a full time job offer while awaiting the PGWP?

aacan

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
Nomination.....
01-09-2016
AOR Received.
07-02-2017
Med's Request
24-01-2019
Med's Done....
25-01-2019
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2019
LANDED..........
03-04-2019
sailor2704 said:
Hi,

What is the procedure to get an email from CIC mentioning the UCI and that we are allowed to hold a full time job offer while awaiting the PGWP?

Hello sailor2704,

That information is available online. You can show it to your boss and they can call CIC to confirm.

Please check this CIC link:

cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-02-12.asp

You can also use your Social Insurance Number even if it is expiring because you have implied status

servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/about/reports/sin/cop/section3.shtml

AG2015

May 23, 2015
I am sharing this info to let my fellow grads know that it is taking really long time to process PGWP and is based on individual case:

I applied on 19th March, 2015 and am still waiting. I have followed up on phone (a message had been sent to the case manager by the operator) and email (specific case inquiry form filled which was replied a month later stating I am in queue). I have been told that it might take another few weeks to process. Is there anything else we can do? In fact, one of my friend who applied 10 days later on 29th March have received his PGWP a week ago! (seems like it is possible to jump queue at CIC!) I just checked processing time, its now 112 days online. It is utterly frustrating :(

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AG2015 said:
I am sharing this info to let my fellow grads know that it is taking really long time to process PGWP and is based on individual case:

I applied on 19th March, 2015 and am still waiting. I have followed up on phone (a message had been sent to the case manager by the operator) and email (specific case inquiry form filled which was replied a month later stating I am in queue). I have been told that it might take another few weeks to process. Is there anything else we can do? In fact, one of my friend who applied 10 days later on 29th March have received his PGWP a week ago! (seems like it is possible to jump queue at CIC!) I just checked processing time, its now 112 days online. It is utterly frustrating :(
AG2015,

Your day count is now at 143 days. CIC's is at 112 days. Have you exceeded the normal processing time? Yes. Do you want to jump queue? Rightly so. However, it depends on you.

Check out this PGWP forum under foreign workers (yes, we are now foreign workers actually) and see members' processing timelines on page 42. Under those timelines, see Note 3 and take action. And yes it has worked for other members in your situation. See here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/lets-share-timeline-pgwp-march-applicant-t284967.615.html
Good luck.

Cheers!

postgrad

Aug 8, 2015
I applied on 27th may and my application status is still pending...processing time as of today is 112 days...
and i am really happy to know that we can still work fulltime as long as we applied 30 days before the study permit is about to expire.

but i have a question...
if i have ever worked more than 20hrs a week during my full times studies...does that effect the decision on pgwp??
my intership was till 19th september last year and my school began in 1st week of sept...
so i worked for two extra weeks...some people say that the total working hours get compensated. is that really the case??
some clarification on this will really help...

thanks in advance guys!!!

AG2015

May 23, 2015
jubear said:
AG2015,

Your day count is now at 143 days. CIC's is at 112 days. Have you exceeded the normal processing time? Yes. Do you want to jump queue? Rightly so. However, it depends on you.

Check out this PGWP forum under foreign workers (yes, we are now foreign workers actually) and see members' processing timelines on page 42. Under those timelines, see Note 3 and take action. And yes it has worked for other members in your situation. See here:

Good luck.

Cheers!
Hi Jubear,

Thank you immensely for your advice. I have sent the email to the local MP accordingly. Let's see what she replies! Will keep you posted.

Just want to add: you are an awesome person and live by every letter of your tagline ' to help each other'. Thanks again! Cheers :D

harbee

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Hi friends, please I need ur advice

I started my first program in May and will be ending by December. My second program is in another school and will start by September 2016. I know cic won't allow me to wait for 8 months out of school (January till August).

Though am thinking of deferring my second semester till January so I can finish by April but I am worried if cic will allow me take another 4 months break till resumption.

Please advice. Thanks

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AG2015 said:
Hi Jubear,

Thank you immensely for your advice. I have sent the email to the local MP accordingly. Let's see what she replies! Will keep you posted.
Just want to add: you are an awesome person and live by every letter of your tagline ' to help each other'. Thanks again! Cheers :D
AG2015,

No worries. If the MP doesn't reply quickly (sometimes they have too many emails to answer), Google his/her address and go straight to his/her office. Speaking face-to-face can be a lot more easier than emails. Good luck and I wish you the best.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harbee said:
Hi friends, please I need ur advice

I started my first program in May and will be ending by December. My second program is in another school and will start by September 2016. I know cic won't allow me to wait for 8 months out of school (January till August).

Though am thinking of deferring my second semester till January so I can finish by April but I am worried if cic will allow me take another 4 months break till resumption.
Please advice. Thanks
Harbee,

Apply to extend your SP using a letter from your current school. If possible don't apply to graduate yet and keep doing elective courses that you enjoy during the spring semester (Jan-April, 2016). Then plan to apply to graduate/convocate in May/June 2016. After that you will have 90 days of implied status to actually use a letter from your next college/university intake for September, 2016.

About your fall 2015 courses: If one of your fall courses can be done in Spring 2016, then register it for Spring. Then replace it with an elective you like. In other words prolong your date of graduation by mixing electives with core courses in both Fall 2015 and Spring 2016. Above all, make sure you remain a full time student.

I think you will have smartly beaten the 8 months puzzle. Good luck.

Cheers!

lusafaty

Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohsin9055 said:
I APPLIED ON MAY 15TH 2015, STILL WAITING NO UPDATE IN MY APPLICATION.

HI GUYS. I HAVE A QUESTION THAT NOW MY PLANS HAVE CHANGED NOW I AM PLANNING TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND I HAVE APPLIED FOR PGWP CAN I WITHDRAW MY APPLICATION. BECAUSE STILL THERE IS WORK ON APPLICATION?

SECONDLY, WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE TO WITHDRAW PGWP APPLICATION AND AGAIN APPLY FOR STUDY PERMIT TO DO DEGREE PROGRAM?

Hi mohsin9055,

I am in the same situation as you are. I submitted my application yesterday because it was the last day of the 90-day period, but I am planning to go back to school.

I would like to know if you have ready withdrawn your application? If so, would you mind telling me how many days after submission you withdrew your application? And was the application status still "waiting" when you requested the withdrawal?

If you haven't done so, I think you can call CIC to request a withdrawal. And you should send a written request to CIC for a refund.
(search for Guide 5580 and scroll all the way down to "Refunds" section, sorry they don't allow me to post links)

To obtain a refund, you need to send a written request to withdraw your application to the processing centre at CPC Vegreville, 6212-55th Avenue, Vegrevile, Alberta, T9C 1W5.

The processing fee is only refundable if we receive your request before processing has begun. Once we have started to process your application, there will be no refunds regardless of the final decision. We will issue the refund to the person indicated on the “Payer Information” section of the receipt. If there is no name indicated on the receipt, we will send the refund to you.

Thank you :D ;) ;D