+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) current actual processing time

AABH

Sep 8, 2013
I know processing time for PGWP application is taking more than three months
but I want to ask if 3 years you get is starting from the time you applied for PGWP or the time your application is approved ?

SlicedBread

Jun 16, 2015
hey guys, isnt a long processing time a good thing for international students, especially those who just did a 1 year course? I am thinking I will be able to work full time and then just continue working when my pgwp (expected to be 1 year?) arrives. The 3 months will still count as work experience on express entry PLUS the one year working on the work permit, am i right?

kkloveit

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SlicedBread said:
hey guys, isnt a long processing time a good thing for international students, especially those who just did a 1 year course? I am thinking I will be able to work full time and then just continue working when my pgwp (expected to be 1 year?) arrives. The 3 months will still count as work experience on express entry PLUS the one year working on the work permit, am i right?
It depends. Some employers won't even consider you if you do not have the PGWP in hand. To them you could be lying or there is a chance that you may get refused.

omolola

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
I guys I need help I want to applied for my PGWP and My spouse open work permit together. but he is outside Canada, to avoid delay, I want to do up front medical. can anyone tell me where to download the form. I did a 4 year course so hoping to get my 3years work permit

kkloveit

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omolola said:
I guys I need help I want to applied for my PGWP and My spouse open work permit together. but he is outside Canada, to avoid delay, I want to do up front medical. can anyone tell me where to download the form. I did a 4 year course so hoping to get my 3years work permit
Unfortunately PGWP alone is not eligible for spousal open work permit. In order to get the SOWP, you need to be employed in NOC, O, A or B category. You will be required to send in a salary slip, a letter from your HR/company stating the type of work you are currently doing. So basically, no employment=no SWOP.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi There

I have some questions so I hope you guys can help me with it :)

I have applied for a post graduate workpermit and submitted in June 1st, so I am still waiting for it to be approved. Its been 2 and a half months and its still haven't approved yet but I want to start working so can I be able to find a job on implied status?

Thanks

bel bel

Aug 23, 2015
Jaison784 said:
Hi,

This thread is about current actual processing time taken for Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) applications. Since CIC website does not offer any specific processing time taken for PGWP, and everything is put up under new employer work permit category, it would be really helpful for people who are seeking the most updated processing times through discussion.

Applied on: May 23, 2015
Approval : waiting........

Please help me by posting your application dates, and the actual date you received it. It will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jaison

omolola

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
kkloveit said:
Unfortunately PGWP alone is not eligible for spousal open work permit. In order to get the SOWP, you need to be employed in NOC, O, A or B category. You will be required to send in a salary slip, a letter from your HR/company stating the type of work you are currently doing. So basically, no employment=no SWOP.
But I'm currently working and when I did the questionnaire it said I can applied for my spouse so please can u show me where it says I can't. I'm a Manger of a clinic at the moment
please help

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omolola said:
But I'm currently working and when I did the questionnaire it said I can applied for my spouse so please can u show me where it says I can't. I'm a Manger of a clinic at the moment
please help
Omolola,

For more information about SOWP, see this link for guidance at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who.asp[/b]]http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who.asp

So yes, Kkloveit is right about NOC 0, A or B.

However, it shouldn't stop you from applying for the SOWP for your spouse. Here is why:

You job position falls under Clinic Services Manager (NOC Code 0311), meaning NOC 0 for management occupations. See here: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0311.

Therefore, carefully gather all evidence and apply. Good luck.

Cheers!

omolola

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Thanks I called CIC they said i can applied as long as im doing skilled job. so my employer will send me a new letter of employment stating all my responsibilities and how long have being working for. so that should be good enough with my current two months payslips.
Do anyone know anything i need to add more before summiting the applications.
thanks

JIN_5692

Aug 23, 2015
Hi~ guys

I applied PGWP as of May 25th, and still waiting for it.

is it possible go abroad just for 3days and back again without any Visa paper in hand???

My work pertmit already expired, dont have any approved paper.

would it be risky if i dont have any paper in hand??

Thank you