Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Fortunately, job hunting is looking promising for me... I'm just looking for temp jobs for the summer since it could be challenging to find a company who will accept me into a permanent position without a long-term work permit...

Oh CIC... I hope they'll just miraculously approve all our applications one day... We have already invested so much on obtaining our Canadian credentials :<

balongskija

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
N/a
AOR Received.
13-03-2018
Med's Request
27-06-2018
Med's Done....
08-07-2018
LANDED..........
24-05-2019
Hello Jubear, I know this is not the right thread, but as I was reading all the posts, seems like you're pretty knowledgeable with the study permit. I have a few questions which I hope you can answer, I currently am in canada as a worker (low skilled-alberta), with a valid work permit til january 27 next yr.
I immediately decided to apply for a student visa, since the company I'm working for got refused LMIA for my renewal upgrade, (which supposed to be my last 2yrs if got approved).
Now, I have taken an enxtrance examination to one of the designated institutions and luckily passed the exam, so I am just waiting for the letter of acceptance now til I can file a study permit. I have a few questions though:

- in your opinion, what d'ya think are my chances of getting approved with the permit? (I do have enough proof of funds as required by cic on their website.)
- do you think it's alright that I process my study permit as early as now?
- if I got approved with the study permit before my work permit expires, what will happen to my work permit? And can I still work? And also, it is for a March 2016 intake.

I'm looking forward with your response my friend, or if you can shoot me an email, id highly appreciate it.- balongskija @ aol.com

Cheers y'all!

haris.raja

Jul 21, 2015
Does the processing time for PGWP follow any trend? Has it ever jumped to 99 days during this season in the past? I wonder if it will fall any time soon...

pokeyoke_info

May 29, 2015
Thanks for all the support, forum mates. I am through, awaiting TRV now. If any one wishes to gain any information from me please send me a personal message, as I would not be active on this thread.

Thanks,
Poke Yoke

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
balongskija said:
Hello Jubear, I know this is not the right thread, but as I was reading all the posts, seems like you're pretty knowledgeable with the study permit. I have a few questions which I hope you can answer, I currently am in canada as a worker (low skilled-alberta), with a valid work permit til january 27 next yr.
I immediately decided to apply for a student visa, since the company I'm working for got refused LMIA for my renewal upgrade, (which supposed to be my last 2yrs if got approved).
Now, I have taken an enxtrance examination to one of the designated institutions and luckily passed the exam, so I am just waiting for the letter of acceptance now til I can file a study permit. I have a few questions though:
- in your opinion, what d'ya think are my chances of getting approved with the permit? (I do have enough proof of funds as required by cic on their website.)
- do you think it's alright that I process my study permit as early as now?
- if I got approved with the study permit before my work permit expires, what will happen to my work permit? And can I still work? And also, it is for a March 2016 intake.

I'm looking forward with your response my friend, or if you can shoot me an email, id highly appreciate it.- balongskija @ aol.com
Cheers y'all!
Balongskija,

1. Yes, you can easily get approved for a study permit (SP) in Canada. Its much easier when you are here as a worker and want to change to student. See this link for more info: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5552ETOC.asp. So, don't worry.

2. For now keep working full time while you gather your documents. If I were you I would apply around October. Then continue working full time as you wait. By the start or end of January you should receive your SP and ready to embark on your studies two months later.

3. Since the intake is March, 2016, I don't think its wise for you to apply now. Why? The disadvantage of changing conditions from worker to student is that once your SP has been approved, your WP will automatically become invalid. As a temporary resident who has applied to study, your sole purpose of being in Canada will be to study not work. Hence, having a student status. However, nowadays (since June, 2014) students are allowed to work without having to apply for an off-campus work permit (OCWP). But the condition of studying full time and working only 20hrs/week during an academic session (fall and winter) still stands. You can only work full time during scheduled breaks (e.g. summer, Christmas holidays).

I hope that helps.

Cheers!

haris.raja

Jul 21, 2015
pokeyoke_info said:
Thanks for all the support, forum mates. I am through, awaiting TRV now. If any one wishes to gain any information from me please send me a personal message, as I would not be active on this thread.

Thanks,
Poke Yoke
That's good news. You got the permit in less than 60 days, what about folks who applied before you? Wonder if you did anything differently? Anyone in this forum who applied before can confirm.

Jaison784

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
IELTS Request
28-08-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2018
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
22-05-2018
I hvn't heard anything yet..... ???

Jaison784

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
IELTS Request
28-08-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2018
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
22-05-2018
pokeyoke_info said:

Thanks,
Poke Yoke
why you need a TRV, if you are already approved for PGWP?

haris.raja

Jul 21, 2015
To travel outside of Canada. PGWP does not allow you to enter Canada.

Anyone else who applied before June 5th got the PGWP??

jayrod

Jul 24, 2015
pokeyoke_info said:

Thanks,
Poke Yoke

Hi Poke Yoke,

Apparently I'm not allowed to send personal messages so hopefully you'll see this. I wanted to ask you if you did anything in particular that might have helped expedite your application, i.e. calling CIC and explaining your situation.

Any insight would be really appreciated as I applied on May 25 and still have not gotten any updates on my application.

Thanks in advance,

JayRod

Jaison784

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
IELTS Request
28-08-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2018
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
22-05-2018
The link below provides more detailed timeline for PGWP applications

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/lets-share-timeline-pgwp-march-applicant-t284967.465.html

Ravi Chandra

Jul 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nandini09 said:
Yes but its really hard to get new job offers as your work permit expires soon and you dont have proof that you will get pgwp for sure. So companies hesitate to give full time offer. What if pgwp is not approved? Then its a loss for them.
work permit expires or study permit expires ? coz its while on the study permit we would apply for PGWP right if i'm not wrong.

mohsin9055

Jul 27, 2015
I APPLIED ON MAY 15TH 2015, STILL WAITING NO UPDATE IN MY APPLICATION.

HI GUYS. I HAVE A QUESTION THAT NOW MY PLANS HAVE CHANGED NOW I AM PLANNING TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND I HAVE APPLIED FOR PGWP CAN I WITHDRAW MY APPLICATION. BECAUSE STILL THERE IS WORK ON APPLICATION?

SECONDLY, WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE TO WITHDRAW PGWP APPLICATION AND AGAIN APPLY FOR STUDY PERMIT TO DO DEGREE PROGRAM?

status

Jul 8, 2015
After 2 years of graduation I was entitled to receive 3 years of Post Graduation work permit. But I received it until the passport expiry date which was June 6th 2015, which counts for 1year and 7 months. On the work permit itself it was mentioned that I should apply for remaining work permit once I renew my passport.
After renewing the passport I applied for work permit extension on March 30th 2015, but my work permit application was sent back to me on May 25th 2015 due to non payment of $100 (open work permit holder fee) which I missed to pay and I was given a deadline to pay the remaining $100 fee by June 6th 2015. I work in Fort Macmurrey for 20 consecutive days and get 10 days off and unfortunately when my Application was sent back from Vegreville I was not available to receive it nor even to check my PO Box. So when I came back on days off on June 10th 2015 I saw the package from Vegreville CIC and it was too late to reapply since June 6 was already gone.
So friends any suggestions on what to do I dont want to loose my job and also is there any way to get Post gard work permit faster or I can request CIC to process it fast. Any suggestion please!!

Thanks in advance.

hurlyhunk

Jul 12, 2013
Did any one of you apply just after 90 days of your graduation ? or even heard of anybody doing that?
A friend of mine applied on 101th day and we are very anxious !!