+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) current actual processing time

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
if there was no gap between studies and consists of 2 consecutive PG courses - you are good to have it corrected -
call CIC - they will advise you on phone - Correction will cost $30

Alternatively hop on to nearest border and in person - get it corrected at POE

good luck

Nalanda

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
mananpatel said:
I am a young professional working in DownTown Toronto. I have completed my studies as an international student in April 2015 and applied for Post-Graduate Work Permit in June 2015. The processing time has exceeded beyond 7 months and I haven't received any decisions or notification on my application yet. After repeated follow-ups with CIC Help Centre and CIC Etobicoke office where my application is transferred as per recent updates, I am still unable to get any timeline or general idea why my application is not progressing. They haven't asked for additional information either. This is affecting my professional life and also keeping me away from getting health benefits.

I am sure there are more international students with similar situation. I found CIC Help Centre's response unsatisfactory and non-transparent. There is no way to approach respective CIC office to have better clarity about the situation.

Can anyone help me on this?

Thank you.
Dear Manan Patel,

Don't worry, one of my friend also faced the same issue. But recently he got the PGWP. You should be getting it soon.

I have a query

Does your work experience counts from the date you finished your studies (April 2015)
or
Does your work experience counts from the date you applied for post graduate work permit ( June 2015)

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For flag pole do we need US visa as we have to cross border and then back to POE.
terki said:
mananpatel - do a flag pole and get your pgwp -

you may email me if need help lanceinusa@gmail.com

Blessing1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland.....CIO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
5 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
15 Jan, 2016.
September 27 PGWP extension applicant due to passport expiry. Got updates today on my permit and spouses permit renewal but nothing new on profile. This is the 5 blank update since application. Anyone from September still waiting?

Feb 19, 2016
Hey guys!

Is there someone who had applied for pgwp after finishing some program part time equivalent to full time in BCIT? (Bcit considers full time the student who study 9 credits) Are these courses eligible to get the pgwp?

Thanks!!!

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Blessing1 said:
September 27 PGWP extension applicant due to passport expiry. Got updates today on my permit and spouses permit renewal but nothing new on profile. This is the 5 blank update since application. Anyone from September still waiting?

5th Oct still waiting. Applied myself PGWP and wife's visitor extension

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
terki said:
y visitor fr wife

With pgwp u can apply owp for wife

r u employed in NOC o,a,b ?

Terki when I applied on 5th Oct I had not started the Job. I applied for PGWP. Now when I get her visitor extension I would apply for PGWP which I am thinking of doing from flagpoling. My question is would she need to wait for health benefit for 3 months before her health is covered under OHIP?

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
parvisingh said:
Terki when I applied on 5th Oct I had not started the Job. I applied for PGWP. Now when I get her visitor extension I would apply for PGWP which I am thinking of doing from flagpoling. My question is would she need to wait for health benefit for 3 months before her health is covered under OHIP?
Hi Parvi, your PGWP is still not approved yet? However, your signature shows that you have been nominated by PNP on Feb 9th right? I am wondering how come what status you are currently on... Is it possible that PNP nomination can be approved without PGWP?