+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) current actual processing time

sanyaqaisar

Oct 20, 2015
yes, you can apply without original doc. because u just have to either scan it when submitting online or attach photocopy of your PGWP when shbmittibg paper mail

shruti88

Dec 27, 2015
anybody who applied in september ?

i applied online for pgwp on 16th september but havnt heard a word from cic.

i had to travel back to india urgently and now im stuck cz my trv has also expired so cant go back to canada. cant even call cic for an update :(

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanyaqaisar said:
yes, you can apply without original doc. because u just have to either scan it when submitting online or attach photocopy of your PGWP when shbmittibg paper mail
does the pdf and the physical copy have same contents? can i apply for trv using the pdf file, wont i have any problems?

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deep kumar said:
applied on July 9
status is still open
no details yet
is there is anybody else is waiting for PGWP applied in July
shruti88 said:

i had to travel back to india urgently and now im stuck cz my trv has also expired so cant go back to canada. cant even call cic for an update :(
applied on sept 25
status updated to Approved on jan 20

sanyaqaisar

Oct 20, 2015
hell911 said:
does the pdf and the physical copy have same contents? can i apply for trv using the pdf file, wont i have any problems?
Yes, you can simply submit your pdf file of pgwp for TRV...and make sure you keep your imp doc safe incase they ask you to show ...

agates23

Jan 26, 2016
shruti88 said:

Did you hear any news from CIC? I am in the same situation. I applied Oct 09.

agates23

Jan 26, 2016
Anybody here who applied on October? Heard any news yet?

I accidentally left the country for an emergency and now i'm stuck in the Philippines :(

When I applied it said 111 days, and it's going to 111 days on Jan. 29!!!!!

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
shruti88 said:

Shruti - you are very much ok to travel back to India and gain pgwp doc / stamping
you may PM me for more info if needed

good luck

hdizzle

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Is it just me or have PGWP approvals slowed down. There haven't been many ppl posting approvals for the past 4-5 days. I applied Sept24th.

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
agates23 said:

I accidentally left the country for an emergency and now i'm stuck in the Philippines :(

I applied on 5th Oct still waiting. One of my friend applied on 2nd Oct got her work permit also one who applied somewhere in Sept got her. Yes I think in the past few days the process have slowed down.

sanyaqaisar

Oct 20, 2015
agates23 said:

I am in same boat.. when I was leaving from Canada I applied in March 30 and after three months in july they sent me letter regarding submitting more fee. so I have resubmited in Oct 09 and still waiting for response.. so much depressed with their processing time.. I hope they will update for oct files in next week ...
and I have applied paper based so cant even check my status even I sent case specific enquiry email regarding my update but no response...
desperately waiting... :mad:

Nad86

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
shruti88 said:

Hi, my spouse has applied on 27th Sep and got the approval today. Exactly 4 months !! Hope you will get it soon.

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
Hi Everyone,

Applied for my PGWP on october 10th and got my work permit approval mail today ( Jan 28th ) saying that it has been approved. I got a second mail which asked me to login to CIC and gave me a pdf showing expiring on 27th of Jan 2017. does this mean i got work permit only for 1 year ?
I have studied for two years. 1 year pgm from seneca and 1 year from sheridan. shouldn't I get atleast two years. How can i get this rectified ? what are my options. I have a standing job offer for full time permanent from my company where I have been doing my internship.

Can I apply again or do I apply for an extension of work permit ? Some one please help.. I am worried about nw....