+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post graduation work permit delay applied on May 3rd, 2019

Navreet030

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
Hello guys,

I have been waiting for my post graduation work permit applied on 3rd May,2019 and its still saying processing. I did 1+1 from Fanshawe and Seneca and my Study permit was expired on 31st July.
When I call CIC they always ask me to wait for the final decision because they said- Each file has its own processing time.
I have the job offer but I’m waiting for the approval of Work permit. Is there anyone who know someone in case situation/ Any suggestion to fasten the processing.
Please provide me your valuable suggestions/help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello guys,

I have been waiting for my post graduation work permit applied on 3rd May,2019 and its still saying processing. I did 1+1 from Fanshawe and Seneca and my Study permit was expired on 31st July.
When I call CIC they always ask me to wait for the final decision because they said- Each file has its own processing time.
I have the job offer but I’m waiting for the approval of Work permit. Is there anyone who know someone in case situation/ Any suggestion to fasten the processing.
Work permits are taking a long time right now.

You are allowed to work. You don't need to wait for the PGWP to be approved.

Navreet030

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
Thanks for your reply. But do you think, Is this something normal and apparently the decision on my PGWP will be made soon. I understand that I am allow to work but my company said that they need to have my approval first in order to start working on any position.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your reply. But do you think, Is this something normal and apparently the decision on my PGWP will be made soon. I understand that I am allow to work but my company said that they need to have my approval first in order to start working on any position.
As I said, apps are delayed right now. Look around the forum. There are multiple threads about this.

Dharminder534

Oct 15, 2019
Hello guys,

I applied on 18 june and do not get any update yet. I'm on same boat of yours

Jomar16

Oct 29, 2019
Hello guys,

on the same boat; I applied on May 16 and the status is still submitted. My employer, my sister keep asking me about my work permit and I'm sick of it. Sorry mate, I have no suggestion

Oct 28, 2019
I have same issue like you dear I have applied on 16th may and whenever I call them they just tell me to be patient. I dont know where to go next or to do something so I can get my work permit.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Wonder why people do not flagpole? Saves you tons of time and worries. Have done the same and can say it is a piece of cake. Maybe it was convenient for me as I was near to the border but IMO some extra effort surely beats the sense of inertia and helplessness.

sfmoosavian

May 31, 2019
Work permits are taking a long time right now.

You are allowed to work. You don't need to wait for the PGWP to be approved.
Is it known why it is taking so much time? I have applied for LMIA-exempt work permit on July 19 2019, while I was a Ph.D. student. The normal processing time is 8 weeks for work permit application. However it has already taken 102 days and still no news. I don't know what to do exept waiting. It seems that filling the web form or calling are not much useful.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Is it known why it is taking so much time? I have applied for LMIA-exempt work permit on July 19 2019, while I was a Ph.D. student. The normal processing time is 8 weeks for work permit application. However it has already taken 102 days and still no news. I don't know what to do exept waiting. It seems that filling the web form or calling are not much useful.
Probably a backlog.