+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

RS02

Feb 17, 2022
Hi guys, my friend who had submitted her documents for WP in June with final transcript got her approval just now. She didn't knew when they started reviewing the eligibility as she hadn't checked her status since few weeks and just few hours ago she found out that the review eligibility had started and it got approved just now. Her WP expiry is until her passport expired (one and half years). Can she apply for the remaining one and half years once her passport is renewed?
yes, if she is eligible for three years of PGWP then she can certainly apply.

Reactions: Norma27

Norma27

Aug 16, 2021
Congratulations to tour friend. Yes, she can extend her work permit with her new passport.
If you had to renew your passport
You can extend your PGWP with your new passport only if

• you were eligible for a PGWP but
  • you didn’t get the full length because your passport was going to expire
Include this information in a letter of explanation when you apply to extend your PGWP.

Did she apply outland?
thanks, will let her know.

Norma27

Aug 16, 2021
Congratulations to tour friend. Yes, she can extend her work permit with her new passport.
If you had to renew your passport
You can extend your PGWP with your new passport only if

• you were eligible for a PGWP but
  • you didn’t get the full length because your passport was going to expire
Include this information in a letter of explanation when you apply to extend your PGWP.

Did she apply outland?
Inland from Ontario

Reactions: yafaa1993

husseinmehdi11

Aug 5, 2019
Hi I have a question. How serious they take the submission of the official transcripts and graduation letter. I applied on January 4th and didn't have the official papers but I could get copy of transcripts and a letter of graduation from the college website (acsis) so do I need to upload anything else or this should be good

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Hi I have a question. How serious they take the submission of the official transcripts and graduation letter. I applied on January 4th and didn't have the official papers but I could get copy of transcripts and a letter of graduation from the college website (acsis) so do I need to upload anything else or this should be good
Depends on a case-to-case basis, but in the past year or so it has worked for many.

guardian007

Star Member
Dec 2, 2021
Very serious , it might work , but given your timeline you submit via webform once you receive them. Do not take chance,

manimtired

Aug 4, 2021
Why's the processing time so high right now? 4 months? Who even applies for PGWP in november? people either graduate december or may no?