+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

EV1170

Oct 26, 2021
Hi Guys, how long after the approval we suppose to receive the physical letter of PGWP in mail? My friends's PGWP got approved but didn't get it yet after 8 days he lives in edmonton, is that normal ?

Newiebabe

Jan 24, 2022
Hi Guys, how long after the approval we suppose to receive the physical letter of PGWP in mail? My friends's PGWP got approved but didn't get it yet after 8 days he lives in edmonton, is that normal ?

I live in Edmonton too and I got my email today. I’ll let you know when I get mine. But the email also said you should contact IRCC if you don’t get it after 6weeks.
Let’s keep hope alive!

Reactions: EV1170

pearonasking

Sep 21, 2019
Does anyone know if it's ok to apply for PGWP early??
My semester is supposed to end in April 2022, but I have a job offer letter for April 2022. If I receive all my grades and transcripts early, is it ok to apply asap?

Newiebabe

Jan 24, 2022
I’m m trying to apply for TRV however, I can’t seem to figure out how to get to the form.

There’s also IRCC portal. I don’t understand, kindly help if you can.

Newiebabe

Jan 24, 2022
Does anyone know if it's ok to apply for PGWP early??
My semester is supposed to end in April 2022, but I have a job offer letter for April 2022. If I receive all my grades and transcripts early, is it ok to apply asap?

You’ll also need a letter of completion from your school. If you can add that to your transcript then you can apply. That’s my guess.

yolandawhq

Jul 4, 2021
Hi does any one know whether it is normal that the PWGP applied in Sept, 2021 is still pending?
I applied on Sept. 25th and my friends applied on 23rd and 28th, neither of us received any information while those who applied on Sept.30th and in Oct have already received the results.
I have tried any possible means, webform, call and twitter, to contact IRCC, but only got one answer "waiting".
Could anyone share their experience whether you have similar situation like us? and what shall we do?

Reactions: yafaa1993

yafaa1993

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
Hi does any one know whether it is normal that the PWGP applied in Sept, 2021 is still pending?
I applied on Sept. 25th and my friends applied on 23rd and 28th, neither of us received any information while those who applied on Sept.30th and in Oct have already received the results.
I have tried any possible means, webform, call and twitter, to contact IRCC, but only got one answer "waiting".
Could anyone share their experience whether you have similar situation like us? and what shall we do?
Are you an inland applicant? When did you finish school?

lakshayadavv

Feb 16, 2022
Hi I also applied on oct 6th and still my application is pending . But my friends who applied in sept and in October same date as of mine got their PGWP. I am still waiting on the update from ircc on my application.

MahsaRe

Sep 19, 2021
Hi everyone,
I need your help and suggestions.
I applied for my post graduate work permit and my husband work permit extension on Feb 10, 2021 and after 1 year iI haven’t received any reply back, the last email from them was a month later after my submission that they told me my application transferred to Etobicoke office, and nothing after that. It’s just showing me that it is in process. I tried to get help from my MP and they only said due to quarantine, all applications has delay in process. I am frustrated and I lost a good job opportunity because I don’t have the work permit proof and paper. However, I am working from April 2021 as I was eligible to work after submission my application.
Just wanted to know is there anyone with the same issue, and any suggestion?

Reactions: yafaa1993

yafaa1993

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
Hi everyone,
I need your help and suggestions.
I applied for my post graduate work permit and my husband work permit extension on Feb 10, 2021 and after 1 year iI haven’t received any reply back, the last email from them was a month later after my submission that they told me my application transferred to Etobicoke office, and nothing after that. It’s just showing me that it is in process. I tried to get help from my MP and they only said due to quarantine, all applications has delay in process. I am frustrated and I lost a good job opportunity because I don’t have the work permit proof and paper. However, I am working from April 2021 as I was eligible to work after submission my application.
Just wanted to know is there anyone with the same issue, and any suggestion?
Yeah they’re few people on this forum with the issue you described. I don’t have any suggestions, but I will say get the GCMS notes for better understanding on your application process. Those notes could take up to 6 weeks or more due to the pandemic. I hope others on the forum would give you better advice. Good luck